We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Amour of Shield or Spear?

Surprised I couldn't find any other threads on this but curious as to what others decided.

Now my Warden is 85 and I'm accumulating many Hytbold tokens, I'm trying to decide which armour I should invest them in. Wardens are tough as nails anyway, so do I add to that toughness by going Shield, or do I go for more DPS, killing things quicker?

I'm not sure just how much more DPS all the Finesse from the Spear set would give me. The Vit and Incoming Healing stats on the Shield set seems more easily quantifiable to me. I mainly solo but I love to push the boundaries with my Warden. It's such a nutty class!

Thoughts\advice?

TIA.
    [SIZE=2][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=silver][SIZE=1][B]Jharak [/B](65 Hnt)[B] Khandir [/B](87 Grd) [B]Bhrandir [/B](68 LM) [B]Bharahir [/B](100 Wdn)[B]

Brandywine[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

depends on what you want if you are planning to tank instances then shield if you want to dps I recommend 3 spear / 3 fist as its easier to get and doesn't need kindred in any faction. Shield needs kindred in 1 faction I believe. If you have no plans to tank instances but only solo then I would suggest the 3 spear/ 3 fist as a tanking build is slow killing compared to a dps build and you can still tank landscape mobs in it for sure. Otherwise get both I have both and switch gear depending on whether I run as dps or as a tank.
    Welleg - brandywine, Kelleg/Gelleg - Landroval
    WARNING: leveling a warden may cause you to neglect your other characters.

I started off with 2 pieces of the spear and 2 of the shield for the set bonuses, then I finished off both sets. I am running 2 shield 4 spear for landscape stuff. It works for me.
    Death is my favorite interrupt skill

Thanks for that. I finished up enough rep to open up both sets now, just need some more tokens to buy the last pieces of the Spear set. Currently have all 6 Shield pieces and 3 Spear.
    [SIZE=2][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=silver][SIZE=1][B]Jharak [/B](65 Hnt)[B] Khandir [/B](87 Grd) [B]Bhrandir [/B](68 LM) [B]Bharahir [/B](100 Wdn)[B]

Brandywine[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Personally, I have four shield, four spear, with only two overlapping, and those same two yellow. That way, I get the four set bonus for spear or shield, depending on if I am tanking or DPSing, plus can get the extra two pulses if I get stuck using Assailment.