We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Skirmish Marks for Runes of Legend?

Looking for some advice here. I took too long to start worrying about my item legacies and now I'm carrying extra items to harvest the legacies. The problem is it is taking forever and I don't want to level my Guardian anymore without having better Legacy gear.

So... I'm thinking of farming Marks to exchange for Runes of Legend (item Xp) to force my extra slotted items to 30 so I can harvest the legacies without leveling my Guardian. Is this a sound strategy or is there a better alternative?

sorry for my question but what is your lvl? in which area are you leveling?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2322100000017383f/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Justanother View Post
    sorry for my question but what is your lvl? in which area are you leveling?
    Level 61 Guardian. The skirmish barter dwarf at the 21st in Moria trades runes for Marks.

At your level, I wouldn't bother trading SMs for xp runes. You'll level so fast it isn't worth wasting SMs, especially now that they have more value at cap level. Even when you get a lvl 65 2nd age, you'll level yourself and LIs so fast, that it's not worth it to spend SMs or TP on LIs. I'd save everything for lvl cap.

no reason to spend skirmish marks on it. just equip 2-3 LI i go kill mobs for deeds (green or blue). grinding them you will get virtues, TP, enough LI to deconstruct for low tier relics/shards, gold and you will get IXP. Also you can pick up epic quest line and in no time lvl your LIs past 30 lvl.
    or you can go to Lothlorien and earn there very fast IXP for your LIs.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2322100000017383f/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by thore168 View Post
    At your level, I wouldn't bother trading SMs for xp runes. You'll level so fast it isn't worth wasting SMs, especially now that they have more value at cap level. Even when you get a lvl 65 2nd age, you'll level yourself and LIs so fast, that it's not worth it to spend SMs or TP on LIs. I'd save everything for lvl cap.
    The problem I have now is I need Threat generating legacies to minimize aggro loss on fellowships. I need two guard belts (solo vs tank) and that's a lot of items to get to 30. If I had paid better attention to this stuff at level 48ish I would have better tank capability now.

I'd totally agree. LIs are largely disposable as you go up, unless you buy the no-XP pocket item and freeze your level for a long time. No point in investing long term resources like skirmish marks in a weapon you will trash every few levels anyway. When levelling I personally tended to use what I found until cap, slotting low tier relics...

I have to agree with most of the posters here -- save your marks for level cap LIs.

It's a good idea to slot extra 3rd Age LIs as you level; this increases the total amount of IXP you earn as you kill mobs and turn in quests with IXP rewards, and it will help you get familiar with the legacies available to your class. (See lotro-wiki's LI page; the table at the bottom of the section shows how IXP rewards increase with the number of levelling LIs.)

It's also not a bad idea to go ahead and extract legacies where you can to put on the LIs you're using, but don't bother spending marks or shards for empowerment scrolls to get all legacies to max tier. This is for practice -- you'll want those resources at level cap to perfect your 2nd Age or 1st Age LIs, but working on a level 60 or 65 or 75 LI will help you know what you want when you do get to level cap.
    Join the LotRO Volunteer QA Team!
    Use the [url="http://lotrobugs.turbine.com"][color=red]bug reporting tool[/color][/url] or type /bug in-game!*
    [SIZE=1]*no rants please[/size]

Ok. I'll try to resist the temptation then. As an aside - do Legacy tiers go up during leveling/reforges or do you have to empower them?

At lvl 40 and every ten levels after (50,60, 70(if you unlock - not worth it until cap)), you get to upgrade one legacy one time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tooknoob View Post
    Ok. I'll try to resist the temptation then. As an aside - do Legacy tiers go up during leveling/reforges or do you have to empower them?
    At lvl 40 and every ten levels after (50,60, 70(if you unlock - not worth it until cap)), you get to upgrade one legacy one time.
    and if you have choice to upgrade tier 6 minor legacy or something else - just choose something else, otherwise you will get a tier 1 major legacy (even if it is a good one do not bother on your level with).