We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 133
  1. #101
    developers on crack?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDYr_A5zdqE

    listen to ~17:15 to 17:30. A developer mentions that sometimes instead of the mob falling over n dying when being defeated they stand still like statues..that is normal and not worth paying attention to. In my experience it changes the whole method of knowing when waves spawn on T2c because those "dead" mobs can act as if they're alive. If I ever wanted consistency with spawning new waves and those dead things were alive I had to reform the instance. Anyone else experience the same issue?

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellery01 View Post
    I really don't think it's my place to divulge exactly how everything works, since we've spent quite a good amount of time working on this as a kin and the world first claim is still apparently up for grabs. However, I can tell you that the mechanics of the instance (other than the warriors I guess) are all able to be worked out and understood to a pretty good degree of confidence. The way waves spawn is not at all obvious if all you've worked on is t2 regular, and will require some time spent doing things in different ways to figure it out. But it does work in a regular and predictable way.

    If Yelk cares to tell more, I'm sure he will. This post is just to offer some peace of mind that the wave spawn mechanic does seem to be working in a way that can be understood. I would definitely encourage more people to be working on t2c, as I think this is a genuinely difficult fight and getting it down on challenge with the way it is implemented currently would be worth a lot of internet dollars.
    lol.........

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by timmyloo22546 View Post
    developers on crack?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDYr_A5zdqE

    listen to ~17:15 to 17:30. A developer mentions that sometimes instead of the mob falling over n dying when being defeated they stand still like statues..that is normal and not worth paying attention to. In my experience it changes the whole method of knowing when waves spawn on T2c because those "dead" mobs can act as if they're alive. If I ever wanted consistency with spawning new waves and those dead things were alive I had to reform the instance. Anyone else experience the same issue?
    Actually, the only time I've really run into that is when we were doing low level runs and stuff was dying super fast. In all of our 85 t2c attempts, this has been extremely rare.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0720600000015a567/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  4. #104
    Killing of mobs simultaneously seems to trigger the Flight WL bug. Or when too many of a mob, say captain buff similar to WLs aura or hunter run speed.
    Yelk, Hunter| Rank 15 | Arkenstone | Leader of Shock and Awe
    Original Challenger of Saruman
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

  5. #105
    I've had it happen maybe once or twice a night when doing T2 at level 85. Just doing T2 it isn't an issue. But when getting into challenge I feel that it can really mess things up...although technically it may make challenge easier cuz less mobs to control. But still

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,280
    Quote Originally Posted by timmyloo22546 View Post
    listen to ~17:15 to 17:30. A developer mentions that sometimes instead of the mob falling over n dying when being defeated they stand still like statues..that is normal and not worth paying attention to.
    LMAO, how can they call it working as intended? aka... "It takes too much work/we can't fix it, so it's totally normal."

    I agree it hasn't been much of an issue in T2C, but occurs regularly on T2 (and T1). When it happens it's an obvious bug.
    Last edited by Beastnas; Apr 24 2013 at 05:14 PM.

  7. #107
    can anyone please share how in the world the waves spawning works for t2c? I understand it's intentional but I can't find reason to the madness. Send pm or w/e you'd like, but i'd like to give this a fair shake.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfigglesworth View Post
    can anyone please share how in the world the waves spawning works for t2c? I understand it's intentional but I can't find reason to the madness. Send pm or w/e you'd like, but I'd like to give this a fair shake.
    By the end of the fight the only way to do challenge mode really is to have over 20 mobs up aside from the remaining wave. This is unavoidable and makes it more and more likely to wipe as you get closer to the last wave from the result of multiple archers and captains being left alive, I don't mention warriors cause they don't really count.

    If you can't understand the concept of how to spawn waves on control the spawn I waves I suggest not wasting time figuring out on how to deal with them and complete challenge. That may seem harsh but the reality is the fight really is not super fun, its repetitive and there are so many variables that you will soon just get frustrated. If I can get people back together and finish it I'll post something not so people can copy but so that A) You know it can actually beat and what it is going to take and B) Have a guideline to modify using your own methods, teamwork and skills.

    This challenge takes determination and a almost stupid person to complete. I'll tell you right now even if my kin does complete it I wouldn't attempt to do it twice in one night. As I stated above there are so many random variables the only way to complete challenge is to get lucky. If you get 7 waves in a row where you HAVE to keep a captain alive you will die. If a berserker spawns right beside the 4 captain wave and kills 4 people you wipe. This instance is easy in it's own way but nothing to be laughed at. I'll update with any news in 1-2 weeks. Before I left on my month break we reached 7 minutes on par with killing.
    Yelk, Hunter| Rank 15 | Arkenstone | Leader of Shock and Awe
    Original Challenger of Saruman
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by YesMaam View Post
    By the end of the fight the only way to do challenge mode really is to have over 20 mobs up aside from the remaining wave. This is unavoidable and makes it more and more likely to wipe as you get closer to the last wave from the result of multiple archers and captains being left alive, I don't mention warriors cause they don't really count.

    If you can't understand the concept of how to spawn waves on control the spawn I waves I suggest not wasting time figuring out on how to deal with them and complete challenge. That may seem harsh but the reality is the fight really is not super fun, its repetitive and there are so many variables that you will soon just get frustrated. If I can get people back together and finish it I'll post something not so people can copy but so that A) You know it can actually beat and what it is going to take and B) Have a guideline to modify using your own methods, teamwork and skills.

    This challenge takes determination and a almost stupid person to complete. I'll tell you right now even if my kin does complete it I wouldn't attempt to do it twice in one night. As I stated above there are so many random variables the only way to complete challenge is to get lucky. If you get 7 waves in a row where you HAVE to keep a captain alive you will die. If a berserker spawns right beside the 4 captain wave and kills 4 people you wipe. This instance is easy in it's own way but nothing to be laughed at. I'll update with any news in 1-2 weeks. Before I left on my month break we reached 7 minutes on par with killing.
    lol

    a "no" would've sufficed.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    400
    Eredor-Champion, Ereworn-Minstrel, Ereshorn-Runekeeper, Eresworn-Hunter, Pleasefarmme-Reaver Eremourn-Burglar Erehorn-Captain, Erelorn-Warden, Eretorn-Lore-Master... And Erecorn-Master Farmer

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    569
    Actually, Yelk provided some clues on the mechanics of the fight.

    His 2nd paragraph provided some sage advice, particularly the first sentence of that paragraph. It was extremely diplomatically phrased, even if it wasn't what you wanted to hear.

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by YesMaam View Post
    By the end of the fight the only way to do challenge mode really is to have over 20 mobs up aside from the remaining wave.
    I disagree with this. The most mobs that should be up including a freshly spawned wave is ~18 and even that is pushing it. I'm fairly certain if done "correctly" (keeping as little adds alive as possible) there should never be more than 8 mobs up when a new wave spawns.

  13. #113
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    308
    Quote Originally Posted by YesMaam View Post
    By the end of the fight the only way to do challenge mode really is to have over 20 mobs up aside from the remaining wave. This is unavoidable and makes it more and more likely to wipe as you get closer to the last wave from the result of multiple archers and captains being left alive, I don't mention warriors cause they don't really count.
    We initially thought that too and tried to complete challenge mode this way. Zero second confound etc trying to CC 20 left over mobs. However when you think about it, that is &&&&&&&&. There is another much better strategy on spawning waves that I guess you haven't figured out yet. It is streaks ahead of any other strat we came up with. The challenge for my kin to getting the right 12 people available at the same time and keeping them interested for 3-4 hours. It is DEFINITELY possible to complete the challenge and doesn't really rely much at all on luck. Just flawless execution. Each wave has its own unique strategy in terms of what to do and everyone in the raid needs to understand their role for each wave, but I am sure you know this.

    Quote Originally Posted by YesMaam View Post
    If you get 7 waves in a row where you HAVE to keep a captain alive you will die. If a berserker spawns right beside the 4 captain wave and kills 4 people you wipe. This instance is easy in it's own way but nothing to be laughed at. I'll update with any news in 1-2 weeks. Before I left on my month break we reached 7 minutes on par with killing.
    I don't know what you mean by 7 waves in a row with a captain you have to keep alive. The first seven waves are unique and never a duplicate. From the 8th wave onwards is when you start getting duplicated waves. And with our strat there are only two waves where you have to keep a captain alive (if I remember correctly).

    Edit: To a certain extent you can control the spawn of berserkers too such that it won't spawn on top of you as you kill the four captains at their spawn point.
    Last edited by wasteland; May 25 2013 at 03:30 AM.
    [CENTER][B][COLOR=#ffff00]Isabaeux[/COLOR][/B] - 2nd rate Captain | [B][COLOR=#ffff00]Falurze[/COLOR][/B] - 3rd rate Guard
    Off Peak | Elendilmir[/CENTER]

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfigglesworth View Post
    can anyone please share how in the world the waves spawning works for t2c? I understand it's intentional but I can't find reason to the madness. Send pm or w/e you'd like, but i'd like to give this a fair shake.
    Without giving too much away, you have to keep 2 mobs alive per wave all the way.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Shintagh View Post
    Without giving too much away, you have to keep 2 mobs alive per wave all the way.
    That isn't true. The only time you have to keep a specific wave up the "entire" fight is if you used that wave to force a new wave.

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by wasteland View Post

    I don't know what you mean by 7 waves in a row with a captain you have to keep alive. The first seven waves are unique and never a duplicate. From the 8th wave onwards is when you start getting duplicated waves. And with our strat there are only two waves where you have to keep a captain alive (if I remember correctly).
    I guess play a different game then because we get duplicates early. Like you I have 2 waves where I leave 1 captain and sometimes we end of wiping because by the 8th wave we have 4-5 captains on the one tank. If what you said was true many of the variables I talked about would be gone but for us that isn't the case. We have gotten the same wave back to back manytimes.
    Last edited by YesMaam; May 25 2013 at 04:22 PM.
    Yelk, Hunter| Rank 15 | Arkenstone | Leader of Shock and Awe
    Original Challenger of Saruman
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

  17. #117
    So has anyone completed Flight T2C? If not how much close you have been?

  18. #118
    No one got it down as far as I know.

    Now that my kin is back to raiding twice a week we are making progress. Last night we managed to survive the 10 minutes controlling every wave pop (no timed wave).

    Since we had a low-dps group (we are still working on our strat.), we only killed about 70 adds at the 10minutes mark.

    I think that if we keep to our two raids per week rythm, we can hope to succeed within a month.
    Gabrediel, Original Challenger of Sarouman | Gabramir, Original Challenger of Gothmog

    Unquale - Sirannon [FR]

  19. #119
    Thanks for reply. Did Turbine lowered area of capitansHOT? There were some screen from BullroarerU11. Is it in our servers as well?

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    466
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrisengarmo View Post
    Thanks for reply. Did Turbine lowered area of capitansHOT? There were some screen from BullroarerU11. Is it in our servers as well?
    Yes, the size of the healing pool has been reduced
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8C8nLy2okg[/url] Saruman 6-man
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj4h-CF9log[/url] Warden Survival
    [url]http://tftgb.wordpress.com/[/url]

  21. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrisengarmo View Post
    So has anyone completed Flight T2C? If not how much close you have been?
    We made it to 8 minutes on par with challenge but the tank died everyone else got owned. Was unfortunate We haven't been practicing at all due to members on breaks in over 6 weeks... I hope to get back in and finish - not because I'm excited too but It would be my first non-completion on level thing in Lotro and thats not cool! Plus we already put in hundreds of hours of work so.
    Yelk, Hunter| Rank 15 | Arkenstone | Leader of Shock and Awe
    Original Challenger of Saruman
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

  22. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by YesMaam View Post
    We made it to 8 minutes on par with challenge but the tank died everyone else got owned. Was unfortunate We haven't been practicing at all due to members on breaks in over 6 weeks... I hope to get back in and finish - not because I'm excited too but It would be my first non-completion on level thing in Lotro and thats not cool! Plus we already put in hundreds of hours of work so.
    I thought when you ding 100 mobs, they run out off. Someone wrote it in the beginning of this threat... So I guess it was misleading information. Thank you for clarification. Last question I assume the Cats do not count into 100 am I right?

  23. #123
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    7,583
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrisengarmo View Post
    I thought when you ding 100 mobs, they run out off. Someone wrote it in the beginning of this threat... So I guess it was misleading information. Thank you for clarification. Last question I assume the Cats do not count into 100 am I right?
    From someone else's testing at other levels

    They don't run off. No more mobs spawn at the other waves. You still have to kill everything thats left standing is my impression.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    4,417
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrisengarmo View Post
    I thought when you ding 100 mobs, they run out off. Someone wrote it in the beginning of this threat... So I guess it was misleading information. Thank you for clarification. Last question I assume the Cats do not count into 100 am I right?
    Cats don't count.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN: Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10 + alts CRICKHOLLOW: Moochy, 21 Minstrel

  25. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrisengarmo View Post
    I thought when you ding 100 mobs, they run out off. Someone wrote it in the beginning of this threat... So I guess it was misleading information. Thank you for clarification. Last question I assume the Cats do not count into 100 am I right?
    The cats do not count. By on par I mean we had dealt with around 80 and the red bar was on track with the green. You need to do more than 10 waves to complete challenge - you would probably have to be starting the 10th wave around 8 mins and finishing at 9 resulting in around 1 minute to deal with 11th wave and any extra mobs.

    I cannot recall from testing if it completes at 100 or if you have to clear it all out.
    Yelk, Hunter| Rank 15 | Arkenstone | Leader of Shock and Awe
    Original Challenger of Saruman
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

 

 
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload