We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Lol i have to hold my hands up and say good job turbine although the other 2 raids are a walk in the park .
    Suddenly my world is upside down gj guys . suddenly the raid got hard.
    All that glitters isn,t gold.

Quote Originally Posted by bcdaedalus View Post
    How does the archers mechanic work? They first use a skill called target that shows a yellow crosshair on the player, after 6 seconds another skill pops up called marked, second later the archers use heart-seeker which usually 1 hits anything in its path.

How is this dealt with?
    keeping them stuned /mezed untill killed
    Do they also ranged damage? Most of it, its shadow (heartseeker) or lightning (aoe)...

As a lore-master I want to know if either wind (-60% range) or frost (-25% tactical) fits the best.. (or really both)?

ATM it looks like frost-lore..

And what do you do, if 4 summonors spawn? CC two of them?

The source of the damage is ranged. In that case windlore is fine. The migation for your is tactical. Just like hunters that use fire-oil ranged damage as source, but tactical migation for foes.
    [CENTER][B][SIZE="1"][color="red"]"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." [/color]
    Hunter - Champion - Guardian * [DE]Morthond * [URL="www.kdl-hdro.de"]Krieger des Lichts[/URL][/center][/size][/b]

Archer Heartseekers hit for your full morale minus tact mit. Every time that I've seen.
    You can't break their mark, but as others have said, you can mezz them.

Yeah, this fight can get out of hand pretty quickly...
    [CENTER]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=White]The [/COLOR][/SIZE][URL="http://thenoldor.guildlaunch.com"][SIZE=3][B]NOLDOR[/B][/SIZE][/URL][SIZE=1][COLOR=White] of Arkenstone[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Burio View Post
    The source of the damage is ranged. In that case windlore is fine. The migation for your is tactical. Just like hunters that use fire-oil ranged damage as source, but tactical migation for foes.
    Every caster is ranged but there you need frost lore... If not, you could debuff saruman to only do 15% damage

I don't know.. the normal hits are common dmg from these archers

A level 30 archer hit my geared 75 warden for 7.8k non crit. So it may have a % subtract or something. That number seems to be not mitigated to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Erunineriol View Post
    Every caster is ranged but there you need frost lore... If not, you could debuff saruman to only do 15% damage

I don't know.. the normal hits are common dmg from these archers
    you are wrong. Saruman isn't shooting... saruman is casting like a loremaster or runekeeper that source is tactical damage. Archers use ranged attacks that you need to debuff with windlore.
    [CENTER][B][SIZE="1"][color="red"]"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." [/color]
    Hunter - Champion - Guardian * [DE]Morthond * [URL="www.kdl-hdro.de"]Krieger des Lichts[/URL][/center][/size][/b]

Quote Originally Posted by The_Divine View Post
    Actually, this is MY thread so get your facts right, because you look stupid at posting that, it was made NOT to discuss techniques, firstly it was made to figure out if anyone else was experiencing the Freight Train of Mobs and if it was WAI.
    FYI, threads aren't owned by the person who starts them and you can't control where they go. And people tend to resent your attempts to try...

Am i right in thinking that the warrior's frontal aoe incoming healing debuff affect everyone except the one who has their aggro?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e2150000000775b8/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

you are wrong. Saruman isn't shooting... saruman is casting like a loremaster or runekeeper that source is tactical damage. Archers use ranged attacks that you need to debuff with windlore.
    I surrender and use wind-lore!

Quote Originally Posted by Pero_the_Cappy View Post
    Am i right in thinking that the warrior's frontal aoe incoming healing debuff affect everyone except the one who has their aggro?
    I don't know - most of the time our tanks complain, that they have the healdebuff...
    Last edited by Sarnedhiel; Apr 08 2013 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YesMaam View Post
    A level 30 archer hit my geared 75 warden for 7.8k non crit. So it may have a % subtract or something. That number seems to be not mitigated to me...
    Is your morale 15.6K?
    Level doesn't appear to matter unless your mits aren't capped vs on-level mobs. Meaning, they will get a boost vs under-level mobs. At level 20, my LM got hit for the same damage every time (exactly 60% of her morale). Never a crit, never a miss.

The Warden with me got hit for exactly 50% of his morale every time.
    Last edited by Southpa; Apr 08 2013 at 02:04 PM.
    [CENTER]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=White]The [/COLOR][/SIZE][URL="http://thenoldor.guildlaunch.com"][SIZE=3][B]NOLDOR[/B][/SIZE][/URL][SIZE=1][COLOR=White] of Arkenstone[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/CENTER]

Debuffs not working...

I tested both traited Windlore and traited Enrage from LM and Burg on Lvl 20 Archers. Neither worked. Dmg recieved was the same before and after windlore, and traited enrage did absolutely zilch. GG turbine!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000000ccbe0/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Shakalakaboom View Post
    I tested both traited Windlore and traited Enrage from LM and Burg on Lvl 20 Archers. Neither worked. Dmg recieved was the same before and after windlore, and traited enrage did absolutely zilch. GG turbine!
    i think for heartseeker debuffs don't work because the kill will substract max morale and has no damage range. For the other skills that the archers use debuffs should work.

i think for heartseeker debuffs don't work because the kill will substract max morale and has no damage range. For the other skills that the archers use debuffs should work.
    This is what I saw as well. The Heartseekers are nasty, but won't one shot anyone.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Southpa View Post
    This is what I saw as well. The Heartseekers are nasty, but won't one shot anyone.
    The heartseeker does do 100% of your morale as tactical damage (which is then reduced by your tactical mitigation)

Quote Originally Posted by Thorondir View Post
    The heartseeker does do 100% of your morale as tactical damage (which is then reduced by your tactical mitigation)
    Indeed, and since noone has 0% tactical mitigation it can't really count as a one-shot.

Quote Originally Posted by DelgonTheWise View Post
    FYI, threads aren't owned by the person who starts them and you can't control where they go. And people tend to resent your attempts to try...
    That was to state to that person saying this thread was made for "insert an option" I was telling them no it wasn't made for that I made it for a reason about the Freight Train of mobs. although it has turned into a talk about the whole raid. so I just piled together all the little notes people have put on my thread so far and made it into 1 big note on everything so far and now that the whole thread has derailed into a talk about the whole instance I'm gonna to give my 2cents. .

I think it would be best to CC your Archers, and work on Summoners, then Warriors. (that Income healing debuff is harsh you wanna get rid of that.)

You should leave Cappies/Archers LAST or say you have to keep 3 mobs alive until next wave so the Freight Train doesn't appear and you get a group like... 1 Archer, 1 Cappie, 3 Warriors 2 summoners. Mez Archer, try and mez a Warrior. kill Summoners, keep 1 Warrior alive, 1 Archer for your 3. NEVER EVER keep 3 Warriors alive unless you really hate your Tanks and want them to die. group should stack Crit Def and Mit gear for the puddles,the archer and Cats. (assuming some will get lose)

I really wish we could just Zerg the whole instance without triggering the train of mobs. EZMode Ftw.
    Last edited by The_Divine; Apr 08 2013 at 10:57 PM.

NEVER EVER keep 3 Warriors alive unless you really hate your Tanks and want them to die.
    That is categorically incorrect. I don't know what your tanks are doing however as the instance stands right now three warriors is the easiest configuration to lock down until the next wave.

group should stack Crit Def and Mit gear for the puddles,the archer and Cats. (assuming some will get lose)
    The group should have high/max mitigations but they should not be getting hit with any puddles. Only the tank should be hit with puddles, see this thread for more information.
    [CENTER][B][COLOR=#ffff00]Isabaeux[/COLOR][/B] - 2nd rate Captain | [B][COLOR=#ffff00]Falurze[/COLOR][/B] - 3rd rate Guard
    Off Peak | Elendilmir[/CENTER]

we had the group with 6 archers and 4 warriors and killled all beside 3 warriors... that was above the treshold but an additional wave spawned @ 1:50 -.-
    And no, this were no old mobs.

so if you have this wave,you must leave 4 mobs alive or 2 warriors and one archer? but 10 *0,25 is ~3 and not 4!

Bug or WAI?
    Last edited by Erunineriol; Apr 08 2013 at 11:56 PM.

I made it for a reason about the Freight Train of mobs.
    Controlling the waves is like 80% of the fight tho
    [center][img]http://i.tinyuploads.com/oif5aN.jpg[/img][/center]

In Snowbourn the Resurrection, Nine Words and Keepers of Lost Tales did T2. Working on HM ^^
    Laineth suxx!! <3

Quote Originally Posted by wasteland View Post
    That is categorically incorrect. I don't know what your tanks are doing however as the instance stands right now three warriors is the easiest configuration to lock down until the next wave.

Sure it's easy, but it's just horrible for the Tanks, do you think -25% (stacking 4x = -100%) Income Healing debuff is nothing?
    if you're not a Tank you don't care about it, play a Tank and try that annoying little debuff out. the Warriors get buffs the longer they're alive, that with the -Income Healing Debuff. isn't the easiest configuration, having 1 Cappy,1 Archer and another Archer or Cappy or 1 Warrior would be the easiest configuration

Quote Originally Posted by Erunineriol View Post
    we had the group with 6 archers and 4 warriors and killled all beside 3 warriors... that was above the treshold but an additional wave spawned @ 1:50 -.-
    And no, this were no old mobs.

so if you have this wave,you must leave 4 mobs alive or 2 warriors and one archer? but 10 *0,25 is ~3 and not 4!

Bug or WAI?
    are you sure you kept 3 alive? and 1 just didn't die before new wave appeared at 2mins? because just killing 1 can set off the train.

once you get the new wave to spawn you wanna finish off those 3 mobs you kept alive from the previous wave asap.

could just bug out the instance and gather loot and deed while 10/12 are afk. Rampant on Brandywine. Bugged it and filed tickets.

Get on the new Flight Club bandwagon before they take it down for 3 months this time....

are you sure you kept 3 alive? and 1 just didn't die before new wave appeared at 2mins? because just killing 1 can set off the train.

once you get the new wave to spawn you wanna finish off those 3 mobs you kept alive from the previous wave asap.
    If our group hasn't forget one warrior from the first group - yes - there were 3 warriors with almost full morale..

@giniluv: what do you mean with bug? one dead member has the agrro from all? or do you mean another bug?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast