We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by several people
    warriors not facing their aggro target
    Interesting. As I said, I was tanking in there for quite a bit, and had nothing similar happen to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebouwski View Post
    After getting the tip of letting minimum 3 adds live we tried that last night. Works fine, but you can actually just let 1 Add survive a Warrior.
    Again interesting we had a couple accidental kills (or miscounts, :/) and most assuredly got an add wave early as a result of having fewer than 3 mobs alive (and cats weren't counting, either). we were leaving warriors for last, so there was always a warrior alive when this happened, too.

Anyone have any other thoughts on this?

We'll as I said, I'm not even sure. Everything was king of messed up /bugged last night as I said with the smaug runs.
    I'm not sure about the warrior thing, it did work in 3 runs last night out of 4. Where the first one was doing it with 3 adds alive.
    But all 4 runs hat the issue with warriors facing somewhere else and in some runs having the same issues with cats even though I had the aggro.

I won't be very constructive in this thread, as yesterday I did just t1 with pugs (just once), but the same problem occured with wrong facing mobs. From the very beginning I was a bit confused if I had aggro or not, or how I needed to turn mobs. For example at certain moment I had about 4 mobs that I was quite sure should be on me, but all of them were facing (and seemed like beating) someone else. When I switched targets, they were on me, but overall I lost some time to do it.
    I'm quite sure that such confusion of what is the mob's target also caused some deaths in the group. Like mine, when I went there for the first time on burg and once was blown in 2 seconds while being in the position that seemed to be completely safe.

Anyway, it's good to know about the issue, so I could take it into account.

I spend a lot of time and money last night figuring our what the 7 different spawn permutations are. For anyone interested they are:

6 Archers, 4 Warriors
    6 Archers, 2 Cappies, 2 Summoners
    2 Archers, 2 Cappies, 2 Summoners, 2 Warriors
    4 Cappies, 3 Warriors
    2 Cappies, 4 Summoners, 1 Warrior
    2 Archers, 4 Summoners, 2 Warriors
    1 Cappie, 1 Summoners, 5 Warriors (Credit to Lunasa for confirming this one)

The real killers are the ones with 4 summoners. 4 puddles are likely to kill anyone faster than they can run out of them.
    Last edited by Wilksie; Apr 05 2013 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilksie View Post
    The real killers are the ones with 4 summoners. 4 puddles are likely to kill anyone faster than they can run out of them.
    And the problem is that the Tanks cannot control the location of these puddles, they are spawn on a random person of the raid. When 4 of these spawn on the group it's an instant wipe. Heck even 2 of these can be enough to wipe the group but can be managed.

If group is already hurt from the archers or summoned cats and when the puddles hit the group it's an instant wipe.

It's ridiculous, the archers cannot be stopped quickly enough and by time they are stunned or what ever several red pools have already hit the group causing an instant wipe.

Our record so far is clearing the first wave after the first group is killed. We tried techniques such as leaving 3 warriors alive and killing them moments before the next wave spawns so our cool downs recharge but still, the second wave is an instant wipe primarily due to multiple red pools stacking on our support classes.

Can someone who has completed this please enlighten the rest of us pathetic noobs. What build were you running? Where do you stand when the first wave is spawned? Where do you move before the second wave? Any other important things would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Lumpymayo; Apr 05 2013 at 06:39 AM.

The warrior thing is here from the start.

The only way they faced you is to move away (but they have a long range for melee dps T_T)

Quote Originally Posted by Gardhik View Post
    The warrior thing is here from the start.

The only way they faced you is to move away (but they have a long range for melee dps T_T)
    The warriors are moved several times during each wave due to the red pools. Even after the tanks pulled the warriors they turn around as soon as they reached their target.

Pulling the warriors doesn't work, they still turn around.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilksie View Post
    The last one I'm not 100% sure on. It is something like:

2 Cappies, 2 Summoners, 4 Warriors
    The last one is 1 captain, 1 summoner, 5 warriors.

The other 6 waves are correct.
    Ishtarien - Captain 105
    Ishtarel - HNT 105 / Ishtaridas - LRM 105 / Cabernetta - GRD 105 / Ishtari - RNK 105 / Ishti - BRG 105 / Lunasa - MNS 105 / Medovinus - BRN 105
    The Mellowship - [EN] Eldar -> [EN] Evernight

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpymayo View Post
    And the problem is that the Tanks cannot control the location of these puddles, they are spawn on a random person of the raid. When 4 of these spawn on the group it's an instant wipe. Heck even 2 of these can be enough to wipe the group but can be managed.
    When trying this we found that spreading out worked ok. If the group is balled up everyone will be caught in the 4 puddles but if you spread out and stand e.g. in groups of 2 you can escape.

The puddles are controllable by having enough distance from the summoners at the time they spawn, something like 30 or 40 meters.
    Beastwise - Captain, R15 | Shock and Awe
    Currently playing on Gladden, formerly Brandywine.

We tried techniques such as leaving 3 warriors alive and killing them moments before the next wave spawns
    you kill them after the next wave comes. in T2 your constantly in combat, if you kill a wave before the next (every 2 mins) your spawn another wave. this wave is completely extra for the challange mode, you will still get another wave come at each 2minite interval.

We finished t2 yesterday, lvl 20

After killing the first wave, the second comes, after killing them, the third comes (instant) untill the red bar is full.

After this (red bar full), no more group spawns..

@ 1:30 we wait untill the end - and no, you do not get the deed for doing this :P

Anybody tried bringing yellow traited burg there? Apart from regular CC duty he could debuff every single mob with the 0 cd on tricks. Especially traited Enrage could disable ranged skills of Archers.

Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    To clear up some misconceptions on the fight.
    Mobs you will see:
    Berzekers - enranged, high damage, 26k morale
    Captains - 50k morale. Drop healing puddles on other mobs, provide a buffing aura that increases in potency if people in your group die, weak melee attacks.
    Archers - 26k morale, Enraged, only move if their random target is out of range.
    Warriors - 50k morale, heavy frontal AoE, have a stacking damage buff that increases the longer they are left alive. Put a stacking incoming healing debuff on their target.
    Summoners - 26k morale, Summon battlecats, drop fire puddles on players, weak melee damage attacks.
    Battle cats - forget the morale, summoned by summoners, put a wound on their target that isn't too bad.

After the initial add spawn is killed, adds come every 2 minutes at the 0, 2, 4, 6, 8 minute marks containing around 7-10 mobs.
    A single berzerker comes every 2 minutes at the 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 minute marks.
    If fewer than 3 of an add spawn are left, a secondary one will come, regardless of the timer. So if you kill all of a wave in 1:30, another wave will come immediately, along with the regular group still coming at the 2:00 mark.

Things I'm not sure about:
    Which mob puts out the removable poisons and wounds?
    If you manage to kill a secondary add spawn before the timered one comes (the ones that come if you kill a timered wave before the 2:00 mark), does another one come?

I spent a couple hours tanking these guys, and did not experience this at all. I noticed if you are within their 180 frontal AoE, they won't always turn to directly face you, but they never were facing such that they attacked me (or anyone else) while i wasn't in a frontal 180. They do have a relatively long range for melee, similar to trolls and other 'large' mob types.

I think it's the Berserkers that add the -25% Income Healing debuff that can stack up to 4x. just like they do with Honor Guard in BfE. therefore you'll wanna CC them or kill them Asap (Just like in BfE)

As for the mobs, I'm pretty sure it's a bug and not WAI because 1, why would you have mobs attack from behind that is just stupid turn their arms behind swinging their swords around? you can do the same thing to Durin's Bane in OD Fear Wing. you can tank him turn your back and still get Block/Parry responses along with hitting your melee skills. Hopefully they'll fix that up.

As for the Puddles being dropped, they're random on ANY player in the Raid, no matter how far, we tried all the way back by the beginning and STILL got puddles that far away.

And for any techniques on how to do this, PLEASE DO NOT POST THEM. My Kin and I like to figure things out ourselves so please respect that & Thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastnas View Post
    The puddles are controllable by having enough distance from the summoners at the time they spawn, something like 30 or 40 meters.
    i'm 99% sure its a 40m range on their puddle drop (and definitely not an unlimited range). Its a big map, and you can use that to control who and where they drop puddles.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Divine View Post
    I think it's the Berserkers that add the -25% Income Healing debuff that can stack up to 4x. just like they do with Honor Guard in BfE. therefore you'll wanna CC them or kill them Asap (Just like in BfE)

As for the mobs, I'm pretty sure it's a bug and not WAI because 1, why would you have mobs attack from behind that is just stupid turn their arms behind swinging their swords around? you can do the same thing to Durin's Bane in OD Fear Wing. you can tank him turn your back and still get Block/Parry responses along with hitting your melee skills. Hopefully they'll fix that up.

As for the Puddles being dropped, they're random on ANY player in the Raid, no matter how far, we tried all the way back by the beginning and STILL got puddles that far away.

And for any techniques on how to do this, PLEASE DO NOT POST THEM. My Kin and I like to figure things out ourselves so please respect that & Thank You.
    I am 100% positive the -25% inc healing debuff is warriors. Easily confirmed by leaving the first one alive in the pull before the waves start, or like we were doing, which was leaving several alive to prevent the additional wave. The cooldown on the -inc healing debuff is almost exactly the same as the duration, so for example, barring a resist, if you are tanking 2, you will always have 2 debuffs, and momentarily have 4 as 2 new ones are reapplied just before the old wears off.

The bezerker may also put out an inc healing debuff, but i never really dealt with it as it was enraged and generally killed within a couple seconds of spawning (if dps was doing its job).

Quote Originally Posted by Erunineriol View Post
    We finished t2 yesterday, lvl 20

After killing the first wave, the second comes, after killing them, the third comes (instant) untill the red bar is full.

After this (red bar full), no more group spawns..

@ 1:30 we wait untill the end - and no, you do not get the deed for doing this :P
    Sure this sounds like a good plan but try it at level 85. You need to kill the wave before the 2 minute mark so your cool downs reset. Keeping mobs alive when the next wave hits keeps you in combat and when the next wave hits your cool downs will not reset. Having all your cool downs for the next wave helps a lot.

What? This thread is for discussing techniques to complete FLM T2, if you want to solve this without help then why are you reading this thread? If anyone was going to post techniques please disregard this comment and continue discussing, My kin and I would like to complete this so please respect that & Thank You.
    Last edited by Lumpymayo; Apr 05 2013 at 01:29 PM.

Sure this sounds like a good plan but try it at level 85. You need to kill the wave before the 2 minute mark so your cool downs reset. Keeping mobs alive when the next wave hits keeps you in combat and when the next wave hits your cool downs will not reset. Having all your cool downs for the next wave helps a lot.

What? This thread is for discussing techniques to complete FLM T2, if you want to solve this without help then why are you reading this thread? If anyone was going to post techniques please disregard this comment and continue discussing, My kin and I would like to complete this so please respect that & Thank You.
    Killing a wave before the next spawns simply gives you an extra spawn. If every time you killed a wave your cooldowns reset, you could keep Fellowships Heart up 50% of the time on challenge mode easily, using it every other wave. You would be able to alternate Captain IHW/LS with Fellowships Heart and basically have a cooldown every wave. It would trivialize the fight. Your cooldowns only reset for the first four you kill. There has never been any resetting of cooldowns during a raid fight, and I certainly hope there never will be.

How does the archers mechanic work? They first use a skill called target that shows a yellow crosshair on the player, after 6 seconds another skill pops up called marked, second later the archers use heart-seeker which usually 1 hits anything in its path.

How is this dealt with?

How does the archers mechanic work? They first use a skill called target that shows a yellow crosshair on the player, after 6 seconds another skill pops up called marked, second later the archers use heart-seeker which usually 1 hits anything in its path.

How is this dealt with?
    keeping them stuned /mezed untill killed

Quote Originally Posted by bcdaedalus View Post
    keeping them stuned /mezed untill killed
    Does stunning them make them start over with their heartseeker?

Actually, this is MY thread so get your facts right, because you look stupid at posting that, it was made NOT to discuss techniques, firstly it was made to figure out if anyone else was experiencing the Freight Train of Mobs and if it was WAI.

#2 I don't want people to post a full walk through on how to do this Raid on T2, if you have noticed something like Bugs sure that's acceptable to post about, however if someone wants to post a walk through go ahead and make a new thread about it but don't do it on mine. Thank You.

Thanks

Actually, this is MY thread so get your facts right, because you look stupid at posting that, it was made NOT to discuss techniques, firstly it was made to figure out if anyone else was experiencing the Freight Train of Mobs and if it was WAI.

#2 I don't want people to post a full walk through on how to do this Raid on T2, if you have noticed something like Bugs sure that's acceptable to post about, however if someone wants to post a walk through go ahead and make a new thread about it but don't do it on mine. Thank You.

Thanks
    You probably should have said you wanted a "Yes/No" answer then because some people actually want to tell you why they think it's WAI and not just post "Yes/No"...

Thanks
    All hail the almighty ruler of this thread and bow down to his rules!!!! yes the fight is WAI, its called mechanics, run the fight, learn them and profit, otherwise keep quiet and let people who do know how to figure them out share if they please.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000014f798/01001/signature.png]Thulock[/charsig]
    Token Pothead of Revelations
    Relish the Death and Bathe in its Glory

Quote Originally Posted by shibby5556 View Post
    All hail the almighty ruler of this thread and bow down to his rules!!!! yes the fight is WAI, its called mechanics, run the fight, learn them and profit, otherwise keep quiet and let people who do know how to figure them out share if they please.
    That has nothing to do about it, He posted to say that this thread is for information and such which no it was not made for it, I make it therefore I know why I made it. I didn't try to make it sound like sound like a jerk, but it if did I'm sorry. I just wanted it clear that no this thread was not made for a walk through. I was only stating that I made it to see about the massive mobs happening to other players. I still don't want people posting on how to do everything 100%, because like I said my Kin and I like to figure things out from scratch and don't want someone holding our hands and teaching us how to do content. it takes all the fun out of learning new content.

Now Bow Down to me!

And for any techniques on how to do this, PLEASE DO NOT POST THEM

just like they do with Honor Guard in BfE. therefore you'll wanna CC them or kill them Asap (Just like in BfE) .
    So I'm not entirely sure about the whole 3 add thing, but We'll try it sometime.
    ugh? which is it?

A technique is a procedure used to accomplish a specific activity or task
    I guess by that definition there was technique leaks at 2nd reply. in for a penny in for a pound here, playing "just the tip" with tactics defeats the purpose. this thread is easily avoided for those who don't want to know. starting a "is it working" is of course going to start discussion on the mechanics if there working. like life, you can't solve the problem properly without knowing the problem thoroughly

sorry for digressing the thread more

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast