We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by anteku View Post
    I bet that it's not just killing 100 mobs, but rather that the mobs need to be killed evenly across waves. Note the text from the developer diary, particularly the point about a 75s zerg.

"Your goal for challenge is to kill at least 100 enemies, 10 waves worth, before the time expires. Well over 80 enemies can spawn, so you're not closing the spout and making it any easier. This introduces a very strong DPS element to the fight, but the goal is still the timer. You can't beat challenge with a 75 second burst of DPS – it has to be a balanced sustainable rhythm of DPS mixed in with communication, coordination, target selection and priority, etc.

So I notice in the 11.2 patch notes that the number of mobs was decreased to 80, and I flashed back to this post (which I remember thinking was a little confusing at the time), where a dev in the diary gives us conflicting information. While he says we have to kill 100 enemies, he also says "10 waves worth". But the average wave has 8 mobs. (8x10=80)

He then goes on to say, as you see, "Well over 80 enemies can spawn".

Something tells me that 80 was supposed to be the number the entire time.
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    So I notice in the 11.2 patch notes that the number of mobs was decreased to 80, and I flashed back to this post (which I remember thinking was a little confusing at the time), where a dev in the diary gives us conflicting information. While he says we have to kill 100 enemies, he also says "10 waves worth". But the average wave has 8 mobs. (8x10=80)

He then goes on to say, as you see, "Well over 80 enemies can spawn".

Something tells me that 80 was supposed to be the number the entire time.
    If you read above Yelk's post said they were on par at 8m. That means that the 100 was quite probably the intended number all along, which begs the question of why change it?

Had all the groups simply stopped trying?

I wonder what metrics they were using.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    If you read above Yelk's post said they were on par at 8m. That means that the 100 was quite probably the intended number all along, which begs the question of why change it?
    Just because they said they could have gotten 100 doesn't mean that 100 was intended. It could just mean that they put enough effort into the fight, and had more than the amount of gear and store/DP buffs that the fight was balanced for that they were ahead of the curve by 2 minutes. If it had turned out that groups were killing 105 mobs in 10 minutes, we wouldn't be speculating that the intended total was supposed to be 105.
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

Hope to see someone down this now. Does anyone still raid?
    Beastwise, Captain, R15 | Gladden | Shock and Awe
    Original Challenger of Saruman
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

Going from 100 ennemies to 80 is a huge nerf, and I think any kin that spend some time building a strat for this fight will get it the next evening they give it a try.

For us it's probably going to be on monday, as we have two key players on holidays right now.
    Gabrediel, Original Challenger of Sarouman | Gabramir, Original Challenger of Gothmog

Unquale - Sirannon [FR]

Quote Originally Posted by Beastnas View Post
    Does anyone still raid?
    Nope. Not on LOTRO anyway :P
    [CENTER][B][COLOR=#ffff00]Isabaeux[/COLOR][/B] - 2nd rate Captain | [B][COLOR=#ffff00]Falurze[/COLOR][/B] - 3rd rate Guard
    Off Peak | Elendilmir[/CENTER]

The new challenge is not killing 80 mobs but fighting the lag that this raid is experiencing now!

What the hell, I thought the raid was going to be improved not actually made worse. Once you start spawning multi waves, the lag is crazy.

Anyone else???

Quote Originally Posted by EmmeraldFireFox View Post
    The new challenge is not killing 80 mobs but fighting the lag that this raid is experiencing now!

What the hell, I thought the raid was going to be improved not actually made worse. Once you start spawning multi waves, the lag is crazy.

Anyone else???
    I haven't that much lag in Flight, atleast not compared to Etten.

I usually have a slight FPS drop just at the spawn of a wave, but no skill lag so usually no problems with picking up the spawning wave.

Flight with massive lag will make it impossible, so I hope it wont get worse for me...
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8C8nLy2okg[/url] Saruman 6-man
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj4h-CF9log[/url] Warden Survival
    [url]http://tftgb.wordpress.com/[/url]

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6