We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Flight To The Lonely Mountain T2

So, we tried T2 Flight today and things seemed to be going ok on the 1st wave and then the 2nd wave but on the 3rd wave...

You can't see all the mobs (some behind me/off the the sides) on there but I assure you it was well over 40+ Humanoid mobs not counting Battle Cats, (Prob range from 15-25) it was literally a freight train.

so my question is has anybody else experienced this? is this really WAI?

~~~~~~NEW~~~~~~
    I decided to round up all the useful information and polish it up to help players understand the fight so they don't have to skim through the thread looking and reading. therefore no need to post anymore since this was turning into a Walk Through Thread.

~~~~~~~~~~~T2 NO CHALLENGE~~~~~~~~~~~
    Waves come when you kill 3rd to last mob in preivous wave or at every 2minite interval.
    you need to kill all adds excpet 3, when the 2 minute horn blows,
    you kill remaining 3 from the last wave and then kill the next wave but 3.

~~~~~~~~~~~~MOBS~~~~~~~~~~
    Berzekers - Enranged, high damage, 26k morale
    Captains - 50k morale. Drops healing puddles on other mobs, provide a buff aura that increases If a player dies, weak melee attacks.
    Archers - 26k Morale,Enraged, only move if their random target is out of range.
    Warriors - 50k Morale, heavy frontal AoE, have a stacking damage buff that increases the longer they are left alive. Put a stacking incoming healing debuff on their target.
    Summoners - 26k Morale, Summon battlecats, drops fire puddles on players, weak melee damage attacks.
    Battle cats - 30k Ish Morale, summoned by summoners, puts a wound on their target that isn't too bad.

~~~~~~~~~TIME SPAWNS~~~~~~~~~
    After the initial add spawn is killed,
    adds come every 2 minutes at the 0, 2, 4, 6, 8 minute marks containing around 7-10 mobs.
    A single berzerker comes every 2 minutes at the 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 minute marks. **New** This is wrong, the Zerk can Spawn whenever he feels like popping in and slashing players.

If fewer than 3 of an add spawn are left, a secondary one will come, regardless of the timer.

~~~~~~~~~RANDOM MOB SPAWNS~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 7 pre-made groups that can come,these are randomly chosen when a spawn needs to happen. these 7 groups
    have the 4 main types in (archers/summ/cap/warrior) while another called the bezerker will come in the bezerk can not be aggro & hits A LOT

7 different spawn permutations are:
    6 Archers, 4 Warriors
    6 Archers, 2 Cappies, 2 Summoners
    2 Archers, 2 Cappies, 2 Summoners, 2 Warriors
    4 Cappies, 3 Warriors
    2 Cappies, 4 Summoners, 1 Warrior
    2 Archers, 4 Summoners, 2 Warriors
    1 Cappie, 1 Summoners, 5 Warriors
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~
    ~~~~~~~Credit~~~~~~~~~
    Spelunker
    Wilksie
    Bohnashum
    Ellery01
    The Divine
    Last edited by The_Divine; Apr 17 2013 at 01:52 AM.

We have encountered this as well and there is a way to work around it, so I guess it's working as intended to be able to do the challenge.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc411/OrangeBlossom_/SignatureLaurelin_1.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

If you kill more than 75% of a wave before the 2m timer for that wave, you will spawn an additional wave. This is what makes challenge possible. This can also lead to multiple waves of adds occuring all at once.

If you're going for just t2, get your spawn down to 4 mobs (not counting cats), get them low on morale, and wait to kill them until the next set spawns. You will only have to deal with 4 sets this way.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0720600000015a567/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

on T2. waves come when you kill 3rd to last mob in preivous wave or at every 2minite interval. so for just doing T2. you need to kill all adds excpet 3, when the 2 minites horn blows, you kill remaining 3 from the last wave and then kill the next wave but 3. and so on.

there are 7 pre-made groups that can come, these are randomly chosen when a spawn needs to happen. these 7 groups have the 4 main types in (archers/summ/cap/warrior) while another called the bazerka will come in (currently don't know mech, but assumed at times) the bazerka can not be aggro and hits A LOT!!! so always is target number 1

the kill order completely depends on which pre-made group comes and what your willing to leave alive till next wave. while sometimes you might want to leave 2 archers stunned and a captain just tickling tank, next you might not have archer, might need to leave 2 warriors and a captain and spam heal tank. or have a summoner kited away so puddle won't stack on people.

T2cm is probebly same tactic, but instead of defeat a wave every 2mins, defeat every 1min so get the amount of kills needed.

once you start figureing out there skills and getting more intune with what needs killing + debuffed + stunned + tanked, it should get easier. we got to the 4min wave before a wipe from a nasty captain and warrior wave
    [CENTER][URL=http://s739.photobucket.com/user/bubushum/media/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png.html][IMG]http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx38/bubushum/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by bohbashum View Post
    on T2. waves come when you kill 3rd to last mob in preivous wave or at every 2minite interval. so for just doing T2. you need to kill all adds excpet 3, when the 2 minites horn blows, you kill remaining 3 from the last wave and then kill the next wave but 3. and so on.

there are 7 pre-made groups that can come, these are randomly chosen when a spawn needs to happen. these 7 groups have the 4 main types in (archers/summ/cap/warrior) while another called the bazerka will come in (currently don't know mech, but assumed at times) the bazerka can not be aggro and hits A LOT!!! so always is target number 1

the kill order completely depends on which pre-made group comes and what your willing to leave alive till next wave. while sometimes you might want to leave 2 archers stunned and a captain just tickling tank, next you might not have archer, might need to leave 2 warriors and a captain and spam heal tank. or have a summoner kited away so puddle won't stack on people.

T2cm is probebly same tactic, but instead of defeat a wave every 2mins, defeat every 1min so get the amount of kills needed.

once you start figureing out there skills and getting more intune with what needs killing + debuffed + stunned + tanked, it should get easier. we got to the 4min wave before a wipe from a nasty captain and warrior wave
    That's kind of what we found when we did some testing tonight. We're still a little uncertain on the berzerker both on timer and effects (other than that it cannot be aggroed), but we were able to determine that it does not count as one of the adds in a particular wave (that is to say, if you were to keep alive 2 other adds and the berzerker but kill the rest before the 2min timer, you WILL spawn an extra wave of adds).
    Eilinel, Bejaren- 85 Hunters
    Lienric-85 Warden
    Ilenwyn-85 Mini
    Gerlendad- 85 Burg

Quote Originally Posted by Lenilie View Post
    That's kind of what we found when we did some testing tonight. We're still a little uncertain on the berzerker both on timer and effects (other than that it cannot be aggroed), but we were able to determine that it does not count as one of the adds in a particular wave (that is to say, if you were to keep alive 2 other adds and the berzerker but kill the rest before the 2min timer, you WILL spawn an extra wave of adds).
    it critted our captains for 20k, I think it had like -50% inc damage and 22k moral? un-stunnable I think, and I assumed it was at 3mins. as we only got to that point once and that was the only time we saw it. it kinda makes sence if it's every 3mins. like first time he comes you should be semi in controll, then 6min would be a nasty timeing to come with adds. then one last one at 9mins to wipe you at last minite xD but unsure. the guy is very powerful though and huge priority for dps.
    [CENTER][URL=http://s739.photobucket.com/user/bubushum/media/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png.html][IMG]http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx38/bubushum/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by bohbashum View Post
    it critted our captains for 20k, I think it had like -50% inc damage and 22k moral? un-stunnable I think, and I assumed it was at 3mins. as we only got to that point once and that was the only time we saw it. it kinda makes sence if it's every 3mins. like first time he comes you should be semi in controll, then 6min would be a nasty timeing to come with adds. then one last one at 9mins to wipe you at last minite xD but unsure. the guy is very powerful though and huge priority for dps.
    That crit must've been with some aura buffs from the jangovar captains, because we never experienced a hit like that from the berserker. yeah, it has about 22k morale, like the archers. We had it come during the initial wave as well, around the 1min mark. but didn't seem to do that every time (it's possible we just didn't notice it right away during some attempts). So coupled with your statement at about 3min. My inclination is to suggest that they spawn 1min into each of the timed waves, ie 1,3,5,7,9 min marks. Will need to do some more testing to confirm that.
    Eilinel, Bejaren- 85 Hunters
    Lienric-85 Warden
    Ilenwyn-85 Mini
    Gerlendad- 85 Burg

Quote Originally Posted by Lenilie View Post
    That crit must've been with some aura buffs from the jangovar captains, because we never experienced a hit like that from the berserker. yeah, it has about 22k morale, like the archers. We had it come during the initial wave as well, around the 1min mark. but didn't seem to do that every time (it's possible we just didn't notice it right away during some attempts). So coupled with your statement at about 3min. My inclination is to suggest that they spawn 1min into each of the timed waves, ie 1,3,5,7,9 min marks. Will need to do some more testing to confirm that.
    hmm... I never spotted one at 1min, but I could of completely missed it tbh. same with buff too, just dis-regard my message lol. those intervals sound about right too. but yeah, it's a new day now ^_^ another day trying it out and will keep an eye on it this time

What I didn`t get so far is did actually someone beat it on T2 ? Or is just everybody focusing on challenge directly.
    We had a couple of runs last night on T2 but where only able to get up to wave 3.
    But with the tip of letting 3 adds (excluding cats) live we should get further tonight.

How are your generall group setups ? I have seen groups yesterday with 3-4 healers trying to outheal etc.
    Do you run with 2 Tanks or just 1 as in T1 ?
    I thought last night that 1 Tank (at least for T2 without challenge ) is sufficient, because 50% of the adds will either be cc'ed or can't be tanked anyway.
    Beloril Bembelbruder - Dwarf Guardian
    Lebouwski - Dwarf Runekeeper
    [DE]Morthond

Quote Originally Posted by Lebouwski View Post
    How are your generall group setups ? I have seen groups yesterday with 3-4 healers trying to outheal etc.
    Do you run with 2 Tanks or just 1 as in T1 ?
    I thought last night that 1 Tank (at least for T2 without challenge ) is sufficient, because 50% of the adds will either be cc'ed or can't be tanked anyway.
    3 healers are definitely not necessary, the damage is very manageable assuming nothing is loose and not standing where you shouldn't be.

2 tanks are nice though, allowing one to hold on to the last 3-4 mobs of a wave (plus stray battle-cats), and the other the pick up the entirety of the next wave. I could see good CC on certain mobs being an interesting option, but probably too much trouble due to the sheer number. The majority can be aggroed regardless.
    Last edited by Beastnas; Apr 04 2013 at 05:35 AM.
    Beastwise | Gladden | Shock and Awe

Quote Originally Posted by Ellery01 View Post
    If you kill more than 75% of a wave before the 2m timer for that wave, you will spawn an additional wave. This is what makes challenge possible. This can also lead to multiple waves of adds occuring all at once.

If you're going for just t2, get your spawn down to 4 mobs (not counting cats), get them low on morale, and wait to kill them until the next set spawns. You will only have to deal with 4 sets this way.
    Sometimes you do get a LOT more than just an additional wave though, just like what OP experienced. I'm all up for the idea of getting an additional wave to make challenge possible, but some of the time you simply get mowed down by 3-4 waves at once if you kill the adds quicker than required for t2.

Well, we tried FLM on T2.... it's insanely hard.

On our last try, 4 invocators proc 4 fire puddle... right in the middle of the group T_T 11k damage in one spot, boom \o/

It seems that someone were inside of a 40 meters range T_T

Quote Originally Posted by Gattsu_EU View Post
    8/10 That photoshop is ok....
    Bunnytail |Terminus Venatus Triumphus
    Mihiraa | Shock and Awe | Gladden
    Original Challenger of Saruman
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

I think CM will take a lot of work from my observation after we completed T2 regular but I have a sneaky suspicion it will be almost easier than T2 regular.

T2 vs T2CM involves restricting AOE dps as to not kill too many adds and alot of waiting around, stacking unneeded classes to cope with heals as the longer these suckers are alive the longer they can put INC debuffs and have higher damage buffs resulting in what is just what the developer diary described-survival.

I guess what I'm saying is after like 9 hours of practice and understanding all the mob mechanics, memorizing what waves come, dealing with them accordingly, being ready for them it would be easier in my mind to stack DPS and focus on mass aoe, active play-style and cc - the only thing to really figure out is the perfect timing of when you want to spawn extra waves and saving your cd's when you get the bad wave. I've always been a big fan of more dps and less heals just like the moors. If nothing is alive to do damage to you then you don't have to heal it lol.

I have a feeling this will be a refreshing dps fight, very tense and focused compared to the methodical chug of BFE.
    Last edited by YesMaam; Apr 04 2013 at 06:26 PM.
    Yelk, Hunter| Rank 15 | Gladden | Leader of Shock and Awe
    Original Challenger of Saruman
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

Thanks on replies, so I heard about the let 3 adds live Timer thing, but the thing is, that we slaughtered Group #1 and Group #2 never came with an extreme amount of adds, and if I can recall when group #3 popped we had about 2 adds left from Group #2. So I'm not entirely sure about the whole 3 add thing, but We'll try it sometime. Also yea, those puddles are deadly lol, right at spawn if you get an RNG of which adds spawn and it's 10+ Sorcs good luck. :P

As for the Group set up, you can see it all in the Pic. 2 Tanks, 2 Healers, 2 Cappies which are both excellent at Healing/DPSing 1 LM but I would like to try 2 LMs next time and some AoE classes. (didn't have perfect set up because didn't have a big choice to choose from at that time of night)

This is stupid, we tried for 3 hours tonight and 3 hours last night, we can't get past the first wave. Every time the captains drop several red pools on the support groups and we wipe instantly.

The warriors are bugged too, they face away from the person that have the aggro.

25 days downtime and this is what we get...

The red puddles are bugged too, the box that surrounds them is much larger than the actual puddle itself. When standing in the water you cannot see the box that surrounds the puddle.

I believe it's the Sorcerers that drop the Red puddles.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpymayo View Post
    The warriors are bugged too, they face away from the person that have the aggro.
    I don't think it's a bug. When I'm on the guard, I just have to get a little distance behind them once aggroed before they actually turn around.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000013a466/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt78 View Post
    I don't think it's a bug. When I'm on the guard, I just have to get a little distance behind them once aggroed before they actually turn around.
    I had the aggro of the warrior, his back was facing me and was targeting me. He was facing the wrong direction and attacking me, this is a bug.

This wasn't a one time glitch, it happens every time with every warrior.
    Last edited by Lumpymayo; Apr 05 2013 at 12:48 AM.

To clear up some misconceptions on the fight.
    Mobs you will see:
    Berzekers - enranged, high damage, 26k morale
    Captains - 50k morale. Drop healing puddles on other mobs, provide a buffing aura that increases in potency if people in your group die, weak melee attacks.
    Archers - 26k morale, Enraged, only move if their random target is out of range.
    Warriors - 50k morale, heavy frontal AoE, have a stacking damage buff that increases the longer they are left alive. Put a stacking incoming healing debuff on their target.
    Summoners - 26k morale, Summon battlecats, drop fire puddles on players, weak melee damage attacks.
    Battle cats - forget the morale, summoned by summoners, put a wound on their target that isn't too bad.

After the initial add spawn is killed, adds come every 2 minutes at the 0, 2, 4, 6, 8 minute marks containing around 7-10 mobs.
    A single berzerker comes every 2 minutes at the 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 minute marks.
    If fewer than 3 of an add spawn are left, a secondary one will come, regardless of the timer. So if you kill all of a wave in 1:30, another wave will come immediately, along with the regular group still coming at the 2:00 mark.

Things I'm not sure about:
    Which mob puts out the removable poisons and wounds?
    If you manage to kill a secondary add spawn before the timered one comes (the ones that come if you kill a timered wave before the 2:00 mark), does another one come?

I had the aggro of the warrior, his back was facing me and was targeting me. He was facing the wrong direction and attacking me, this is a bug.

I spent a couple hours tanking these guys, and did not experience this at all. I noticed if you are within their 180 frontal AoE, they won't always turn to directly face you, but they never were facing such that they attacked me (or anyone else) while i wasn't in a frontal 180. They do have a relatively long range for melee, similar to trolls and other 'large' mob types.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

And since it does happen every single time, it just might be WAI.

I've definitely seen what Lumpymayo is talking about. Had a Warrior slip through the initial grab of the tanks somehow, so I performed one of my tertiary duties as captain and off-tanked him. I figured I'd get eviscerated herding him back into the melee so I just posted up somewhere and held him and healed other folks.

Ended up, I was standing there tanking this guy, but he was facing away from me and just swinging away. He was targeted on me, but I was taking no damage as he was facing the same direction I was. A mini happened to run by, instinctively avoiding the side of the Warrior that I was on. She got shredded. When the target assist switched to the add I was on, a champ came over and stood on the opposite side of the Warrior as me to DPS. He also ate it hard. Again I'm taking no damage. I'm calling out the circumstances with this Warrior, but it's hard to break folks' habit of standing opposite the (off)tank.

Weird bug.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000363f98/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Rechart, Warden
    [url="http://platemetaljacket.blogspot.com/"]Plate Metal Jacket[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    .....After the initial add spawn is killed, adds come every 2 minutes at the 0, 2, 4, 6, 8 minute marks containing around 7-10 mobs.
    A single berzerker comes every 2 minutes at the 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 minute marks.
    If fewer than 3 of an add spawn are left, a secondary one will come, regardless of the timer. So if you kill all of a wave in 1:30, another wave will come immediately, along with the regular group still coming at the 2:00 mark.
    After getting the tip of letting minimum 3 adds live we tried that last night. Works fine, but you can actually just let 1 Add survive a Warrior.
    We did this as a mistake because of to much aoe damage in one fight and just had a warrior left. The next couple of tries we tried to do it the same way.
    Leaving one Warrior behind does not trigger an additional addwave. At least it did last night. Might be a bug though.
    We did smaug twice last n8 aswell and we had no addwaves in 70% of the time Oo.

Still Flight T2/T2cm seems very hard in regards to those puddles.

In regards to the not facing warriors:
    I was tanking last night and had the same issue, some of the spawned cats do the same thing, quite &&&&, only way to get around it is to move out of range to force them to move again, similiar to BfE trolls, but this is not possible most of the times to to the red/green puds.
    Beloril Bembelbruder - Dwarf Guardian
    Lebouwski - Dwarf Runekeeper
    [DE]Morthond

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast