We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 40 of 40
  1. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Lendas View Post
    Right on schedule.


    you're all surprised? you expected Turbine to re-adjust the power restores of "that bow class"?
    LOL. This is right in line with projections for the bi-monthly nerf to Hunters. no surprise here. just the usual downward tumble


    Kelsan has not uttered a peep for the past few weeks (despite claiming that he will be releasing details as soon as possible)

    i've heard from the Florida meeting that the devs are already in the advanced stages with the class revamps (not that they would tell us anything or ask us for our opinions)


    the revamp needs to be nothing less than stellar.
    There's Lendas, I was wondering when you'd stop by to comment on this.

    Bi-monthly nerf to Hunters you say? Hmm, this might indeed be a plausible theory.
    My other Warhorse is a Fleet Tactical Escort Retrofit,[I] Defiant-Class[/I], [I]U.S.S. Say My Name[/I], NCC-93144

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    387
    Waiting for:

    Heartseeker power cost has been increased by 150% because no skill that small has a cloaking device.
    [center]RIP Character signature generator, June 2013.[/center]
    [center]Theiol, Fervar, Turthonn, and Vanka, [i]retired LOTRO[/i]|Croue, Folter, [i]Rift - Shatterbone shard[/i][/center]

  3. #28
    I'm pretty much back to the same amount of ICPR I had before they started this whole mess, but now my power pool is 2x larger and skill costs are much higher. I seem to run out of power at the same rate, but now when I run out I am pretty much out for good, any power restore doesn't last nearly as long.

    I sympathize with all those that changed their builds based on unlimited power, but honestly I saw this nerf coming. They perceived a problem where one stat was irrelevant and created a scenario where a whole bunch of LI legacies, class traits and class skills were now irrelevant. In short the cure was worse than the disease!

    From now on I'm taking a 'wait and see' attitude to turbine. I'm going to assume that any new change has not been well tested and does not represent the final situation. I'm not going to make any knee-jerk reactions until they fix the issues. Its just a shame that the larger community has to bear the burden of testing their changes.
    [SIZE=3]NO SLEEP 'TILL MORDOR!![/SIZE]

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,876
    Spent a lot of time testing power on testing dummies.

    Major caveat of course - i am a hytbold armour hunter, not top of the line geared. When in raids i sacrifice dps for survivability and icpr on the grounds that running in pugs as i do i will often pull if i go all out anyway.

    I tested lots of combinations. Found bow of Rigt was useless. Running the best rotation i could i found that 4 blue and 3 red, improved strength of the earth, press onward and intent concentration triggered as soon as off cooldown allowed me to sustain my rotation indefinitely withounpower pots.

    But this is no doubt a mediocre one compared to raiders. I didn't use fleetness either. My icpr was around 1350 or so.

    Don't know how that compares to competing classes. I certainly had to give up a lot to sustain fire. If i went withba pure dps, fleet build power was gone quickly and pots could not sustain me.

    So, we can manage our power but only by reducing our dps worth still further. I don't know how that compares to other classes. I do know that in battle for erebor i needed all the mits and morale i could get. It was notable that the high dps low morale hunters are among the first to burn up at the end if the healers cant keep up. Followed by melee types when the catapults fall on the troll location. I am not an expert but it looked to me that a hardy hunter's steady dps was pretty handy. Better than that of a dead dps hunter or champ.

    But these were pugs and melee types were dying in the confusion of the clse in melee not knowing whether to get away from the catapults or followcthe guard as he hooefully tanked the troll out of the target square. I guess with a practsed raider team things would be a lot different. We succeeded in 4 out of 6 runs. In the 2 fails we had inexperienced healers who could not keep up.
    Last edited by Kongas; Apr 06 2013 at 07:50 PM.

  5. #30
    Interesting read, around what level of ICPR is needed to sustain Fleetness now? Would be interested to know because it's the playstyle I love on my own hunter.
    Brynhildn Mistress Over Fear
    [B][COLOR="#FFD700"]Sons of Numenor[/COLOR][/B], Est 2008, calls on all seeking an [COLOR="#FF8C00"]established[/COLOR], [COLOR="#E399FF"]mature [/COLOR]and friendly community! Share your path with us and help build your home in a unique Kinship where you belong! [URL="http://www.sonsofnumenor.com"]SonsOfNumenor.com[/URL]

  6. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Kongas View Post
    Spent a lot of time testing power on testing dummies.

    Major caveat of course - i am a hytbold armour hunter, not top of the line geared. When in raids i sacrifice dps for survivability and icpr on the grounds that running in pugs as i do i will often pull if i go all out anyway.

    I tested lots of combinations. Found bow of Rigt was useless. Running the best rotation i could i found that 4 blue and 3 red, improved strength of the earth, press onward and intent concentration triggered as soon as off cooldown allowed me to sustain my rotation indefinitely withounpower pots.

    But this is no doubt a mediocre one compared to raiders. I didn't use fleetness either. My icpr was around 1350 or so.

    Don't know how that compares to competing classes. I certainly had to give up a lot to sustain fire. If i went withba pure dps, fleet build power was gone quickly and pots could not sustain me.

    So, we can manage our power but only by reducing our dps worth still further. I don't know how that compares to other classes. I do know that in battle for erebor i needed all the mits and morale i could get. It was notable that the high dps low morale hunters are among the first to burn up at the end if the healers cant keep up. Followed by melee types when the catapults fall on the troll location. I am not an expert but it looked to me that a hardy hunter's steady dps was pretty handy. Better than that of a dead dps hunter or champ.

    But these were pugs and melee types were dying in the confusion of the clse in melee not knowing whether to get away from the catapults or followcthe guard as he hooefully tanked the troll out of the target square. I guess with a practsed raider team things would be a lot different. We succeeded in 4 out of 6 runs. In the 2 fails we had inexperienced healers who could not keep up.
    The experiences with power you've had are similar to what I've seen, if handled a bit differently. Running with about 1350 icpr and the 2 piece erebor huntsman (keeping fleetness up at all time) I've found for the most part I can break even somewhere around 2k power using pots and intent concentration when off cd, not taking into power drain mechanics such as in Bells of Dale. It gets a bit better in Smaug and Flight for me, as cappies in there can keep now for wrath rolling most of the time, which helps some issues. I still run bow of the righteous on occasion though, as it's a tossup between it and press onwards for my third legendary slot after fleetness and bard's arrow (in situations where rain of thorns isn't needed). I think in an average 5 minute fight it returns about 1800 power to me, which is higher than the equivalent I'd get from press onward. Plus, I don't have to wait for inductions for power returns when using IC, pots, or BotR, so I can keep dpsing.

    I just find what turbine is doing extremely out of touch and, sadly, characteristic to how the game has been going of late. Fate was, admittedly, OP for a bit in regards to its icpr output; power wasn't anything I even considered. However, after deciding fate was too good, and therefore cutting the icpr contributed down to about 1/3 of what it was, I'm at about the icpr I had at 65 with double the power pool and higher skill costs. Not to mention the nerfs to our power restoration abilities (press onward, strength of the earth, etc.) without any rollback when fate's icpr contribution was cut.
    [b]The thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty forever beyond its reach.” - J.R.R. Tolkien[/b]

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,876
    Quote Originally Posted by WhimsicalPacifist View Post
    Interesting read, around what level of ICPR is needed to sustain Fleetness now? Would be interested to know because it's the playstyle I love on my own hunter.
    I dread to think. I usually run with full fleet using gear swap to get the max needful haste bonus. When i tested this the power went so quick it wasn't even funny. Burned through pots like nothing trying to keep up. But i will max out my icpr, at great sacrifice to dps, slot bow of uselessness in the RoT slot and see.

    I guess this is an artificial test as in raids we might get power top ups but like i said, if i can get a raid slot it is in a pug and you never know what you are getting.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,876
    Okay. Fleet legendary, BoT legendary, wyrmscale cloak with power return, red book, improved SoE, Intent concentration, press onwards, power potions, my max icpr of 1450.

    I was able to keep a reasonable rotation up indefinitely. That was sacrificing a lot of physical mastery and critting though, including my nice new gold cloak.

    I wonder if other classes have to seriously compromise their reason to exist to this extent?

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,028
    Quote Originally Posted by Kongas View Post
    red book
    Hope you mean Blue tome (Red is the reduced threat tome)
    Chromite (Hunter) - Grumbletocks (Guardian) on Landroval, Appendage (Hunter) on Brandywine

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,876
    I know. I used the Red Tome to simulate being in a Raid.

    Spent about 6 hours raiding and instancing today and in practice Pots, SOE and Intent Concentration (with some Press Onward in emergencies) was enough to keep power fine. I did notice other hunters in the group, particularly the top-spec one with 1st Age and burglar bracelets (he was great) was having real bad power issues. Probably a combination of much more power-hungry rotation and not following a top up whenever something is off cool-down regime.
    Last edited by Kongas; Apr 07 2013 at 05:42 PM.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Kongas View Post
    Except that they removed icpr from items as it wasn't needed and people took them at their word and removed power conserving legacies from weapons. I'm certainly in a worse place, having to trade off stuff i never needed to trade off before to claw back some icpr. I can get back to pre-fate icpr by trading off AG and morale, leaving me at least 1k down on pre-fate change morale and i didn't touch my legacies.

    Bow of Righteous remains useless even though they claim to have improved it.

    They are just flailing around. They don't know what the hell they are doing. they don't listen to Bullroarer feedback, they don't seem to see the most blindingly obvious of outcomes. Do you trust them to pull off the total revamp of all classes they've been threatening when they pull howlers like this? I sure don't.
    Its pretty much this, its slightly humorous that people did take them at their word. One has to assume they havent been here long enough to see the historical evidence why you should never believe a turbine dev. The key is, was and will be are you getting from the game what you want.

    A lot of people are invested deeply into lotro I get that, they really should step back and find supplemental outlets for thier gaming consumption.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Internetz
    Posts
    1,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    Its pretty much this, its slightly humorous that people did take them at their word. One has to assume they havent been here long enough to see the historical evidence why you should never believe a turbine dev. The key is, was and will be are you getting from the game what you want.

    A lot of people are invested deeply into lotro I get that, they really should step back and find supplemental outlets for thier gaming consumption.
    IDK about others but myself and other hunters I know here are not as "invested" as you think....

    just by logic it's a far better use of time to type some quality QQ here and go do something else and pressure a fix/grow the movement than spend untold hours re-grinding gear only to have it obsoleted soon after you get it.

    Personally when i saw the U10 rubbish come out I didn't buy it for a minute and stuck fast to my current build that takes power into account (while other Hunters dove headlong into the now-empty pool) and now im feeling fine and dandy even though im running out of power much faster than before because i didn't waste time on the grind.

    so instead of flailing and flopping around the chaotic toss-and-turn grind-build-distroy broken-class-rollercoaster, I am writing QQ and waiting for the revamp, and ending up better than other hunters.

  13. #38
    I'd agree there is a serious power issue. They made the power pool larger, the cost for the skills larger but lowered every regen we had or removed from items. At the same time they didn't make power pots more effective so they really nerfed them as well. Too bad I wasted all that stuff on a 1st age that USE to have an extra major that happened to be power savings and now is gone forever.

    Show some respect for your customers Turbine, don't change the rules 3x in a little over a month just to have everyone up the creek and have to spend money on TP to compensate.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,876
    Quote Originally Posted by NobodySpcl View Post
    Show some respect for your customers Turbine, don't change the rules 3x in a little over a month just to have everyone up the creek and have to spend money on TP to compensate.
    "And my work here is done." </Warner Bros accountant>

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5
    Prior to U10 power was noticeable & annoying, but acceptable factor in gameplay.

    Post U10 power was much less of a burden & game was more enjoyable for me. I was one of the many that, after reading quotes from developers & giving it a few weeks, adjusted (at significant cost) my legendaries, items etc.

    Post U10.1 power is...well, I would personally describe it as "broken" for hunters at the moment.
    I MUST have regen food on at all times to maintain. When the 5 min food buff expires I outpace the benefit/cooldown of Blue Pots. If in combat for more than 10minutes (which is often) and fully utilizing ISoE, Beneath Notice etc. etc. I am left with a stalled and empty blue bar firing off auto attacks.


    I am hoping that there will be a fix soon.

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload