We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Flight to the Lonely Mountain Guide

Guide is up for those of you who are interested =p

http://sidetracked-lotro.blogspot.co...-mountain.html

while I thank anyone who makes guides, yours (assumeing you made it) doesn't say it's only a guide for T1 and is wrong in multiple area's. I'll touch on the biggest parts.

There will usually be a total of 12 mobs: 4 Captains, 4 Archers, and 4 Warriors. Sometimes you will have summoners instead of archers, or instead of captains, etc etc.
    when they spawn, there are 7 pre-made group that can come. at the beginning and then each 2mins the game will randomly choose one of these pre-made groups to spawn. your kill order will change depending on what comes.

regarding the mobs
    archers can be perma stunned, summoners only once.

in T2 summoners do a verity of debuffs that need to be potted. and also red puddles of doom! these can take priority sometimes so they don't stack puddle in one place and wipe group.

warriors are not to be ignored. over time they get more and more powerful (+25% damage) these can wipe the raid in T2 depending on how your organizing pulls of next wave.

a kill order isn't the best plan of action, you'll need your rat to be smart what to attack. get summoners down so theres 1, captains normally second. archers must be playerd by stuns, if theres more than stun able there priority. and warriors need to be slowly downed so your not left with them full moral and 6 stacks of massive buff to 1 shot tank. there is a horrible wave of 6warriors 5 captains. for example here you can leave 3 captains better than 3 warriors for wave controll.

If you manage to kill every wave quickly enough
    if you run into T2 with that attitude it'll wipe very quick. you need to organise your kills so 3 are left so you don't get over run for T2. and organise even better between 1min marks for cm to get enough kills in.

--------------------------------------------------------------

your guide is helpful, but only for T1. please could you update that. as T2 follow completely different rules in many cases
    [CENTER][URL=http://s739.photobucket.com/user/bubushum/media/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png.html][IMG]http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx38/bubushum/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

Will certainly update, thanks for the input. I do love constructive criticism. If anyone else has anything to add please feel free to reply. Also, please keep in mind there are a great number of ways to go about doing any one thing, the guide will only focus on one method for the time being. Which method is best for what setup will vary from group to group. You are most certainly free to take whatever information you find useful and ignore the rest. I've personally done this with various setups, and found this to be my favourite.
    Last edited by Dulce; Apr 03 2013 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dulce View Post
    Will certainly update, thanks for the input. I do love constructive criticism. If anyone else has anything to add please feel free to reply. Also, please keep in mind there are a great number of ways to go about doing any one thing, the guide will only focus on one method for the time being. Which method is best for what setup will vary from group to group. You are most certainly free to take whatever information you find useful and ignore the rest. I've personally done this with various setups, and found this to be my favourite.
    np. again, awesome helpfull guide for T1 and some of T2 actually

I breifly mentioned it. but the key for T2 is to organise your kills with a 2minite mark. if you kill all the first wave you'll get another wave very soon, and get very over-run. you need to leave 3 at minimen untill the 2min mark passes, then kill the 3 adds you left before proceeding onto the next wave where you would do the same

the whole point I was trying to make with "kill-order" is sometimes it's more productive to leave 2 archers stunned and a captain, or 2 captains and a warrior. I don't think summoners should ever be left in the "to kill when next wave comes" as they get annoying with puddles (which wipe very quickly if they stack). problem with captains spawning too, if killing the last wave will instancly give next group of caps 3stacks of there aura.

if your doing T2cm you need to kill roughly 2/3 extra waves along with the 5normal I think, not 100% sure on the size of them yet. which would mean killing a while wave in under a minite, then very quickly organising there moral and which to stay alive till the 2minite mark when a wave will come. if you kill your previous wave before the 2/4/6/8minite mark adds, you could find yourself with 2 waves on you and will cause a wipe.

with this general idea we got to 4mins before the next wave wiped up doing T2, and alot of our run was waiting, so I do see this very do-able at cm. huge point is learning the pulls and getting kills at right time and SMART DPS!!!
    [CENTER][URL=http://s739.photobucket.com/user/bubushum/media/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png.html][IMG]http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx38/bubushum/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

Nice, but what to do with these red puddles, which are everywhere and pretty fast are killing everyone?

Commander Liliam - the Warden