We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9
    Quote Originally Posted by Steppenwulf View Post
    I like to think of it as an reminder for people to be nice to your local Cappy. As in Focus: You just got burned! (should be the tooltip)
    lol yep

Quote Originally Posted by Almagnus1 View Post
    I think one of the big things here is Jeremi's play style is overly dependant upon having Shield Brother on the main tank at all times.

That seems like the one thing that drives his (non-sensical) love of Focus, as well as his desire to build extremely heavily into fate.
    Almagnus... for someone who has never ever played with me, it is amusing to me how you think you know so much about my playstyle.

Yes, I have on occasion found Focus useful. And yes, I do usually run with Shield Brother. But that isn't because I'm overly dependent or w/e on anything. It's just how I like to play. I am almost always the only healer in my group - and the added healing shield brother brings to the table is extremely useful. It has nothing to do with being "over-dependent" or anything like that. It's called using common sense and using the tools that make you the most effective at what you are doing.

I understand most people on this forum don't like Focus. I rarely use it myself these days in groups I'll admit (though I still use it quite a bit when I am solo skirmishing I should add), but that isn't because the buff itself is bad in my opinion. It's mostly just because of the ease of the content these days. Back when things were more difficult, I did use this buff more and it did help. Now I understand you disagree and think it's worthless when compared to our other buffs. Fine. We have a difference in opinion. But that doesn't mean you suddenly know all about me and can discuss my personal play style in detail, especially considering you have never even played with me before. It's just silly.

Just because people disagree with you doesn't mean there is something wrong with how they play.
    Last edited by Jeremi; May 21 2013 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    Just because people disagree with you doesn't mean there is something wrong with how they play.
    If an overwhelmingly majority of captains told me that X skill was pretty bad (and/or useless), I would seriously consider evaluating what I am doing because I'm probably doing something that's not beneficial to the rest of the group.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Quote Originally Posted by Almagnus1 View Post
    If an overwhelmingly majority of captains told me that X skill was pretty bad (and/or useless), I would seriously consider evaluating what I am doing because I'm probably doing something that's not beneficial to the rest of the group.
    Re-read my post. I say I rarely use it in groups these days, though an extra 400 ICPR is never going to hurt a group. Back when things were actually a challenge though it came in handy. Things die so fast these days though power is rarely an issue, so I'll concede on that point. But like I said earlier, that's more a testament to how simple content has become instead of a knock against Focus.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9