We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Why would you nerf Focus?

Tactic: Focus: Lowered ICPR buff
    *crickets* I'm... I'm sorry, you did what? You lowered something that was already a joke being as low as it was? Oh... Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Graycient View Post
    *crickets* I'm... I'm sorry, you did what? You lowered something that was already a joke being as low as it was? Oh... Cool.
    It has been improved! I put an unbuffed focus (used to be 60) on people I think do something particularly lame. For that purpose, the lower it is the better!

Quote Originally Posted by DelgonTheWise View Post
    It has been improved! I put an unbuffed focus (used to be 60) on people I think do something particularly lame. For that purpose, the lower it is the better!
    lol oh yeah I forgot about that. I've done that to people who piss me off too :P

One Buff to rule them all. One Buff to overwrite them. One Buff to best them all and in the Fate-nerf bind them.

I like where this thread is going.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160000001738ad/01003/signature.png]r[/charsig]

[b][COLOR="#A52A2A"]"One does not need to know the truth. An estimation will suffice."[/COLOR][/b]

Turbine is just helping us realize that focus should be really badly mispronounced.\

Viva The Mark of SHAME!
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Quote Originally Posted by Almagnus1 View Post
    Turbine is just helping us realize that focus should be really badly mispronounced.\

Viva The Mark of SHAME!
    Took me a while to work it out, but love it
    +Rep

We gonna use Focus now more than ever before.
    -Buff plz.
    - Focus you!

I don't see how this is a nerf at all. This is a massive buff to this essential trolling skill, especially now that people can toggle off forced emotes.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000019dccb/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Ulver - 85 Runekeeper | Grevling - 85 Burglar

Quote Originally Posted by Gylve View Post
    I don't see how this is a nerf at all. This is a massive buff to this essential trolling skill, especially now that people can toggle off forced emotes.
    Yes, I can see it now...

**Spams GLFF: Captain Buff 5g**

**some poor fool pays**

**give them focus**

Quote Originally Posted by DelgonTheWise View Post
    +rep.

I´m starting to use focus a lot more on some fellows :-)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000031a13e/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I agree this nerf was kinda silly - but over-all this last update was a huge buff to Tactics: Focus so I think you are missing the bigger picture here.

Now that everyone can't easily get an endless power bar by barely stacking into Fate, this buff is actually useful again. Song Brother is useful again. Now for Wrath is useful again. Victory Banner is useful again. This was a really good update for Captains - even more so for the Loremaster. Power management actually exists again, and that's good news for the support class.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    I agree this nerf was kinda silly - but over-all this last update was a huge buff to Tactics: Focus so I think you are missing the bigger picture here.
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH A!!!!

Oh wait, you're actually serious here? o.O

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH A!!!!

Oh wait, you're actually serious here? o.O
    Yes, I'm being serious.

Not to repeat myself: but if you take into account the dramatic nerf to the ICPR contribution of Fate (something that desperately needed to happen) this update was actually a buff to Tactics: Focus rather a nerf if looked at in the totality. 350 ICPR is actually respectable again, since you can't get thousands of it just by throwing on a little bit of Fate. So while it may have been a direct nerf, the update itself was an indirect buff - not only to Tactics: Focus, but every other power-related ability/legacy/trait we have.

Yes, I'm being serious.

Not to repeat myself: but if you take into account the dramatic nerf to the ICPR contribution of Fate (something that desperately needed to happen) this update was actually a buff to Tactics: Focus rather a nerf if looked at in the totality. 350 ICPR is actually respectable again, since you can't get thousands of it just by throwing on a little bit of Fate. So while it may have been a direct nerf, the update itself was an indirect buff - not only to Tactics: Focus, but every other power-related ability/legacy/trait we have.
    But it still leaves focus as our troll buff/gold star buff.

The only good [captain related] thing to come out of the update was the fate buff to IDoME.
    Last edited by Almagnus1; Apr 05 2013 at 01:31 AM.

But it still leaves focus as our troll buff/gold star buff.

The only good [captain related] thing to come out of the update was the fate buff to IDoME.
    Shocker, but we just disagree.

I think this was a really strong update for the Captain class, and made a lot of our abilities relevant again.

Shocker, but we just disagree.

I think this was a really strong update for the Captain class, and made a lot of our abilities relevant again.
    The only thing it (may) have made relevant was NfW, and potentially Strong Voice. IDoME gets it's fate back (which should never have been messed with), but IDoME was pretty strong both before and after 10.1, so that particular change is really a wash.

Focus gets nerfed (so it STILL remains the badge of shame), and Victory Banner also gets nerfed, which means tanking on a captain became that much harder.

Song Brother has been (and likely will be) my desired main healing brother because of the 2 Perserverance/4 Hytbold Healer armor setup I'm using, so this update changed nothing there. Same with Blade Brother as the default X Bro.

So really, what abilities are you referring to?

For the record, I could give out 370 ICPR before 10.1. Now I can give out 340.
    [size=1][i]A spaceship from another star / They ask me where all the people are
    I tell them I'm the only one / There was a war, but I must have won[/i][/size]

The point is, even before BOTH nerfs, the skill was still a joke.

The only thing it (may) have made relevant was NfW, and potentially Strong Voice. IDoME gets it's fate back (which should never have been messed with), but IDoME was pretty strong both before and after 10.1, so that particular change is really a wash.

Focus gets nerfed (so it STILL remains the badge of shame), and Victory Banner also gets nerfed, which means tanking on a captain became that much harder.

Song Brother has been (and likely will be) my desired main healing brother because of the 2 Perserverance/4 Hytbold Healer armor setup I'm using, so this update changed nothing there. Same with Blade Brother as the default X Bro.

So really, what abilities are you referring to?
    I already referred to them Almagnus. Just go reread the earlier post you responded to. I listed them in the second paragraph.

I already referred to them Almagnus. Just go reread the earlier post you responded to. I listed them in the second paragraph.
    Fun with copy and paste!

====================

Now that everyone can't easily get an endless power bar by barely stacking into Fate, this buff is actually useful again.
    Focus gets nerfed (so it STILL remains the badge of shame)
    Song Brother is useful again.
    Song Brother has been (and likely will be) my desired main healing brother because of the 2 Perserverance/4 Hytbold Healer armor setup I'm using, so this update changed nothing there.
    Now for Wrath is useful again.
    The only thing it (may) have made relevant was NfW, and potentially Strong Voice.
    Victory Banner is useful again.
    Victory Banner also gets nerfed, which means tanking on a captain became that much harder.
    ============================== ================

Let me put it so you can understand it:

Can I have whatever it is your smoking? I think you got some of the Dev's good stuff.....
    Last edited by Almagnus1; Apr 05 2013 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Graycient View Post
    The point is, even before BOTH nerfs, the skill was still a joke.
    I don't understand why you think it's a joke. 340 ICPR is a respectable amount of in-combat power regen in my opinion. If someone is struggling with power, it can be of help to them. Why so much hate for this buff? I don't get it.

Let me put it so you can understand it:

Can I have whatever it is your smoking? I think you got some of the Dev's good stuff.....
    Don't start trying to insult me Almagnus simply because you can't understand the simple logic of how nerfing Fate has by contrast made our power-related abilities more relevant. It's a very common sense argument, and one does not need to be on drugs to make it.

The first person who has to resort to personal attacks is always the first person to lose the debate. Remember that.

And in reference to your copy and pasted quotes, which you added after I made this post - the slight nerfs abilities like Focus and Victory Banner may have received in this last update are far outweighed by the relevance they gained by the dramatic nerfs to Fate. That's the part of my post you don't seem to understand.
    Last edited by Jeremi; Apr 05 2013 at 05:28 PM.

Don't start trying to insult me Almagnus simply because you can't understand the simple logic of how nerfing Fate has by contrast made our power-related abilities more relevant. It's a very common sense argument, and one does not need to be on drugs to make it.
    Go reread that post, every point you made was countered.

This change did more harm than good, since LoM took yet another arrow to the knee.

Edit:
    And you are also one of the only captains to have stacked fate, and now that the build's zenith has come and gone.......

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast