We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Why would you nerf Focus?

Tactic: Focus: Lowered ICPR buff
    *crickets* I'm... I'm sorry, you did what? You lowered something that was already a joke being as low as it was? Oh... Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Graycient View Post
    *crickets* I'm... I'm sorry, you did what? You lowered something that was already a joke being as low as it was? Oh... Cool.
    It has been improved! I put an unbuffed focus (used to be 60) on people I think do something particularly lame. For that purpose, the lower it is the better!

Quote Originally Posted by DelgonTheWise View Post
    It has been improved! I put an unbuffed focus (used to be 60) on people I think do something particularly lame. For that purpose, the lower it is the better!
    lol oh yeah I forgot about that. I've done that to people who piss me off too :P

One Buff to rule them all. One Buff to overwrite them. One Buff to best them all and in the Fate-nerf bind them.

I like where this thread is going.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160000001738ad/01003/signature.png]r[/charsig]

[b][COLOR="#A52A2A"]"One does not need to know the truth. An estimation will suffice."[/COLOR][/b]

Turbine is just helping us realize that focus should be really badly mispronounced.\

Viva The Mark of SHAME!
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Quote Originally Posted by DelgonTheWise View Post
    +rep.

I´m starting to use focus a lot more on some fellows :-)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000031a13e/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I agree this nerf was kinda silly - but over-all this last update was a huge buff to Tactics: Focus so I think you are missing the bigger picture here.

Now that everyone can't easily get an endless power bar by barely stacking into Fate, this buff is actually useful again. Song Brother is useful again. Now for Wrath is useful again. Victory Banner is useful again. This was a really good update for Captains - even more so for the Loremaster. Power management actually exists again, and that's good news for the support class.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    I agree this nerf was kinda silly - but over-all this last update was a huge buff to Tactics: Focus so I think you are missing the bigger picture here.
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH A!!!!

Oh wait, you're actually serious here? o.O
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Quote Originally Posted by Almagnus1 View Post
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH A!!!!

Oh wait, you're actually serious here? o.O
    Yes, I'm being serious.

Not to repeat myself: but if you take into account the dramatic nerf to the ICPR contribution of Fate (something that desperately needed to happen) this update was actually a buff to Tactics: Focus rather a nerf if looked at in the totality. 350 ICPR is actually respectable again, since you can't get thousands of it just by throwing on a little bit of Fate. So while it may have been a direct nerf, the update itself was an indirect buff - not only to Tactics: Focus, but every other power-related ability/legacy/trait we have.