We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Tactical Mastery on our banners?

I just recently noticed this (and since im stuck at work i have not had the time to test it myself) but is there an increase to Tactical Mastery Rating when we put down our banners or is it just Physical Mastery Rating? - if so, wouldnt the caster classes like an increase as well?

Well if you're talking about the war-banner, then you should notice an increase in tactical mastery as well due to the fact that might increase both, captain's physical and tactical mastery.

But i can't say i've noticed something like that with the other 2 banners.

Im talking about all banners. As a captain i put down a banner to help out not just myself but the whole fellowship (as i expect they work for everyone close to it).
    Numbers below are from wiki and expect they are current:

Intricately Wrought Riddermark Standard of War
    +5% Melee Damage when wielded
    +4788 Physical Mastery Rating
    +968 Maximum Morale

Intricately Wrought Riddermark Standard of Victory
    +3828 Physical Mastery Rating
    +626 Maximum Power
    +968 Maximum Morale

Intricately Wrought Riddermark Standard of Hope
    +1935 Maximum Morale

If i team up with 1 guard and 4 hunters as the healer the whole fellowshipe (me included) benefits from the Physical Mastery Rating and we should all do more damage.
    If i team up with 2 Rune Keepers and 2 Lore Masters i cant see them getting the same dps bonus as the 4 hunters and the healers (me included) dont get the + outgoing healing since theres no + Tactical Mastery Rating.

Why my question is if its a "spelling bug" (as in the +Tactical Mastery Rating is really there but not just in the discription) or if we dont add any Tactical Mastery Rating at all which cant be right at all.

I kinda got the same question for why theres a +5% Melee Damage when wielded on the War banner which should benefit 4 champions and no +5% Ranged Damage...

Well, the other fellowship members aren't wielding the banner, you are. The "When wielded" is just modifying the Captain, not the rest of the fellowship.

And yes, in a Tactical-heavy group, you're not going to want to put down your Standard of War.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgy View Post
    Im talking about all banners. As a captain i put down a banner to help out not just myself but the whole fellowship (as i expect they work for everyone close to it).
    Numbers below are from wiki and expect they are current:

Intricately Wrought Riddermark Standard of War
    +5% Melee Damage when wielded
    +4788 Physical Mastery Rating
    +968 Maximum Morale

Intricately Wrought Riddermark Standard of Victory
    +626 Maximum Power
    +968 Maximum Morale

Intricately Wrought Riddermark Standard of Hope
    +1935 Maximum Morale

If i team up with 1 guard and 4 hunters as the healer the whole fellowshipe (me included) benefits from the Physical Mastery Rating and we should all do more damage.
    If i team up with 2 Rune Keepers and 2 Lore Masters i cant see them getting the same dps bonus as the 4 hunters and the healers (me included) dont get the + outgoing healing since theres no + Tactical Mastery Rating.
    You are confused I think. Those are the benefits the banner gives to you personally when you equip them. None of the banners give mastery directly. For example, the war banner gives might/agility to fellow members in range, which gives some (but not all) classes mastery. It is a common complaint about the war banner that it doesn't help tactical classes...

Quote Originally Posted by DelgonTheWise View Post
    You are confused I think. Those are the benefits the banner gives to you personally when you equip them. None of the banners give mastery directly. For example, the war banner gives might/agility to fellow members in range, which gives some (but not all) classes mastery. It is a common complaint about the war banner that it doesn't help tactical classes...
    Like Delgon said, the displayed stats apply to the captain only, and when planted the banner offers additional benefits to the whole fellowship that are not explicitly stated on the banners. (What the bonuses are is stated, but not the numbers.)

War banner will offer +85 Might and Agility to the fellowship when planted, +102 to each when traited for.
    Hope banner will offer ~600 morale untraited (plus ICMR, who cares), and an extra 400 morale and +1 hope when traited.
    Victory banner offers +Power and +ICPR when planted, and offers more when traited.

So tl;dr: if the exact number is shown on the banner, that benefit applies only to the captain who has it equipped. If a bonus is stated but no exact number is given, that bonus applies to the entire fellowship.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    War banner will offer +85 Might and Agility to the fellowship when planted, +102 to each when traited for.
    Hope banner will offer ~600 morale untraited (plus ICMR, who cares), and an extra 400 morale and +1 hope when traited.
    Victory banner offers +Power and +ICPR when planted, and offers more when traited.

So tl;dr: if the exact number is shown on the banner, that benefit applies only to the captain who has it equipped. If a bonus is stated but no exact number is given, that bonus applies to the entire fellowship.
    Oh dear - so stuck in my search for benefits the hunters have over the tactical classes i got a "little" blinded and had a huge "blonde moment". Captain is not my main - clearly - and this is something i kinda know, but in the moment all i noticed was lots of numbers once again benefitting the "stupid" hunters . Thanks for, atleast this time, bringing me out into the light again

Quote Originally Posted by Torgy View Post
    I just recently noticed this (and since im stuck at work i have not had the time to test it myself) but is there an increase to Tactical Mastery Rating when we put down our banners or is it just Physical Mastery Rating? - if so, wouldnt the caster classes like an increase as well?
    Unfortunately, only classes that gain tactical mastery from either Might or Agility get the gains. I've been asking the developers to change this for awhile now, because it leaves Will-based classes out in the cold.

Don't know if it's a bug, but was looking at the buffs it gives to other people and it was 86 the other day.

I believe the crit-crafted banners give 86 Might/Agi, while the non-crit versions give 85.
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

Quote Originally Posted by furtim View Post
    I believe the crit-crafted banners give 86 Might/Agi, while the non-crit versions give 85.
    Makes sense, looked at a back-up I had and it was 85/85.