We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

10.1 release notes

http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Update_10.1,Official

Captain

• In Defence of Middle Earth: Increased the amount of Fate provided
    • Banner of Victory: Lowered ICPR buff
    • Tactic: Focus: Lowered ICPR buff

That is the last straw, I'm never using Focus or Victory banner again! Wait, I already wasn't using them basically at all, hmm. Well, at least we get (some?) of our fate back, which is nice for the bit of added crit.

Tactic: focus was overpowered. You'd even want to give up +1800 crit for it.

People who don't play a captain themselves don't even know there is a third tactic besides crit/parry, because it is never used.
    Last edited by Nydhogg; Apr 03 2013 at 09:41 AM.

I really laughed hard when I read they're reducing Tactics: Focus. Gosh I hope they don't reduce the amount you get from legacies too! Oh no, my power banner is less effective!

Turbine, you amuse me with your knowledge of captains.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160000001738ad/01003/signature.png]r[/charsig]

[b][COLOR="#A52A2A"]"One does not need to know the truth. An estimation will suffice."[/COLOR][/b]

God, 371 ICPR was so OP.
    [size=1][i]A spaceship from another star / They ask me where all the people are
    I tell them I'm the only one / There was a war, but I must have won[/i][/size]

I know it seems silly, but they don't want to allow stacking ICPR to the point where power pools are effective unlimited without sacrificing huge chunks of other stats. Before, there was no danger of this, but with the Fate changes it really is possible for a group to get within a few hundred ICPR of infinite power. So they're just stopping us Cappies from putting them over the top, is all. :P

Really, though, it's a net buff, precisely because the Victory Banner and Tactic: Focus are so rarely used. We get back some of the Fate on IDoME, so we end up with the same amount of ICPR on it but slightly more Crit Rating.

So, no complaining from me, despite how weird as it is to see our most useless Tactic get repeatedly nerfed.
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

Maybe Focus could be changed to something cool then, like -induction duration

Quote Originally Posted by Nydhogg View Post

People who don't play a captain themselves don't even know there is a third tactic besides crit/parry, because it is never used.
    They know. My ignore list is half full of captains who insist my mini gets the focus buff without first asking or allowing discussion for my build/playstyle. Agreed that its rarely used, but at least some think there is a clear right/wrong when it comes to buffs regardless of any other variables

Quote Originally Posted by Chris91 View Post
    Maybe Focus could be changed to something cool then, like -induction duration
    Fortunately, there's that class revamp thing coming. Though I actually expect that Focus will simply go away rather than get changed, since a stated goal of the revamp is to reduce the number of skills each class has.
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

It's undocumented, but I'm happy to see that our "Time of Need" skill has once again only costs morale, and not power. Finally, the skill has some use again.
    [b][color=forestgreen]~Landroval~[/color][/b]
    [b][size=1][color=green]Raigar - 100 Captain[/color] | [color=green]Raigorn - 100 Hunter[/color][/b]
    [i][color=green]Captains of the West - Leader[/color][/i]
    [color=red]Founder[/color] | [color=red]Lifetime Member[/color] | [color=red]Raider[/color] | [color=red]Roleplayer[/color][/size]

Quote Originally Posted by Krindus View Post
    It's undocumented, but I'm happy to see that our "Time of Need" skill has once again only costs morale, and not power. Finally, the skill has some use again.
    Well, considering Fate is now nerfed a good bit, it's kinda too bad they didn't fix the rest of our skills. Me thinks they messed up.

Also, HAIL THE FOCUS BUFF

One Buff to rule them all
    One Buff to overwrite them
    One Buff to best them all and in the Fate-nerf bind them
    Last edited by Elrantiri; Apr 03 2013 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DelgonTheWise View Post
    • In Defence of Middle Earth: Increased the amount of Fate provided
    • Banner of Victory: Lowered ICPR buff
    • Tactic: Focus: Lowered ICPR buff

That is the last straw, I'm never using Focus or Victory banner again! Wait, I already wasn't using them basically at all, hmm. Well, at least we get (some?) of our fate back, which is nice for the bit of added crit.
    So in otherwords IDOME didn't have any changes at all. They decreased something and increased this which in the math is as if nothing happened at all... So why the hell did they even bother mentioning it? "Oh people, we made the cup bigger, so we had to pour more liquid it in. The cup is still half full though..."

Come on, Tarl, it's not like many used the victory banner anyway. It's always been semi-useful, yet not really useful enough. Like many, I personally go with the Coldfells banner (the one from the Ettenmoors). Just seems more useful to me. If I feel people need more power and we don't have a LM, I just use Fellowships Brother / Song-Bro Inspire. There's no need for higher power regen when you have that.

Focus nerf: A joke of a skill nerfed again. Focus will be famous for being just that, and doing no more than that. Derp.

Quote Originally Posted by Graycient View Post
    So in otherwords IDOME didn't have any changes at all. They decreased something and increased this which in the math is as if nothing happened at all... So why the hell did they even bother mentioning it? "Oh people, we made the cup bigger, so we had to pour more liquid it in. The cup is still half full though..."
    The nice thing about the IDOME improvement (other than the aesthetic awfulness of their hack) is that we get back the crit component...

Anybody know what the fate => ICPR contribution became?
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

I'd say the focus nerf is a fair trade-off for being able to use my warsteed in the moors.

The Ettenmoors

• The Spotted Warsteed and Orc Head on a Pike mounted cosmetics are back on the Warband lootboxes.
    • Penetrating Arrows for the Black Arrow should now work properly with Screaming Shafts and their Auto-attack.
    • Applying Enhanced Skill: Clinging Webs should now add the parry and evade rating debuff in addition to the miss chance debuff instead of overwriting it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000c7eb3/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Created two new healing-focused ring upgrades for the Eastemnet Shields, Weapons, Jewellery Quartermaster

Just got one and tested it: both MC+ SfW and WoC activate the proc: 800-1000 morale to fellowship

Now tank/healing just got a lot easier, with 2 more tools to increase aggro using healing. With this ring a captain becomes a valid main healer. And spamming WoC just got more fun, not to mention traiting SfW in a group became valid as well.
    Last edited by Nascephor; Apr 03 2013 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nascephor View Post
    Created two new healing-focused ring upgrades for the Eastemnet Shields, Weapons, Jewellery Quartermaster

Just got one and tested it: both MC+ NfW and WoC activate the proc: 800-1000 morale to fellowship

Now tank/healing just got a lot easier, with 2 more tools to increase aggro using healing. With this ring a captain becomes a valid main healer. And spamming WoC just got more fun, not to mention traiting SfW in a group became possible as well.

I got to say I disagree. While the heal is probably fine, it's really nothing compared to what a HoH Captain can heal anyway. The proc has a 30 sec cooldown and with a 15% proc chance from "Single Target Heal" it's the most unreliable heal in the Captains arsenal.

It's the same issues as with Erebor Healer proc, the low chance and the long cooldown makes them so unreliable that they're pretty much useless compared to what Perseverance and Hytbold Healer supplies. However, the ring is easier to fit into your build and still keep the Might proc (pocket/bracelet) and crit (ring), so you can argue for grabbing the ring anyway.

Captains have been valid main healers for 3-6 mans for a long time (even T1 raids and perhaps some T2), this ring changed nothing about that as I see it.

EDIT: Minor thing, but I guess you meant MC + SfW.
    Last edited by Elrantiri; Apr 03 2013 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrantiri View Post
    I got to say I disagree. While the heal is probably fine, it's really nothing compared to what a HoH Captain can heal anyway. The proc has a 30 sec cooldown and with a 15% proc chance from "Single Target Heal" it's the most unreliable heal in the Captains arsenal.

It's the same issues as with Erebor Healer proc, the low chance and the long cooldown makes them so unreliable that they're pretty much useless compared to what Perseverance and Hytbold Healer supplies. However, the ring is easier to fit into your build and still keep the Might proc (pocket/bracelet) and crit (ring), so you can argue for grabbing the ring anyway.

Captains have been valid main healers for 3-6 mans for a long time (even T1 raids and perhaps some T2), this ring changed nothing about that as I see it.

EDIT: Minor thing, but I guess you meant MC + SfW.
    Eh, I'm going with might/fate pieces for the pocket and a bracelet (and hope I get lucky enough to pull the orange 800 crit bracelet), and with the might and crit proc rings.

I'm hoping that's enough of a fate investment to cover it, so more stat slices can go to might, crit, and vitality.

Quote Originally Posted by Nascephor View Post
    With this ring a captain becomes a valid main healer. And spamming WoC just got more fun, not to mention traiting SfW in a group became valid as well.
    A 1k group heal every 50 seconds on average if you do nothing more but spam WoC every 3 seconds... I'm not sure that classifies as main healer...

Quote Originally Posted by Almagnus1 View Post
    Eh, I'm going with might/fate pieces for the pocket and a bracelet (and hope I get lucky enough to pull the orange 800 crit bracelet), and with the might and crit proc rings.

I'm hoping that's enough of a fate investment to cover it, so more stat slices can go to might, crit, and vitality.
    And that's a viable setup as I see it. However, you could just as easily go for the Rancid Oil pocket with the might proc and then wear the heal ring and the crit ring and thereby have three procs. So if you really want the heal ring, I'd say you can fit it in rather easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Jullandar View Post
    A 1k group heal every 50 seconds on average if you do nothing more but spam WoC every 3 seconds... I'm not sure that classifies as main healer...
    I fully agree. This heal is not making much if any difference.

Power is now a bit less easy to manage, though not bad in LtC. I was trying to solo NCF for the first time @85 last night, and found I did manage to run out of power against Thadur, who had something like 300K morale. I have a pretty decent level of fate, I think ICPR was 1700 or so. I was using blade brother on my herald, and did RC whenever it was up. Was a tedious run, and I ran out of time against the Cauldron. Anyone else notice the change in boss fights? Doesn't seem awful (haven't tried LOM, expect they are in really worse shape).

Quote Originally Posted by DelgonTheWise View Post
    Power is now a bit less easy to manage, though not bad in LtC. I was trying to solo NCF for the first time @85 last night, and found I did manage to run out of power against Thadur, who had something like 300K morale. I have a pretty decent level of fate, I think ICPR was 1700 or so. I was using blade brother on my herald, and did RC whenever it was up. Was a tedious run, and I ran out of time against the Cauldron. Anyone else notice the change in boss fights? Doesn't seem awful (haven't tried LOM, expect they are in really worse shape).
    Well I don't think Captain has really had any power problems for years except for LoM, but the issue is how Now for Wrath has been a must-have trait if you want to stay up on power (and keep the rest of your fellowship up on power too). While I like being able to help my fellowship as much as possible, it seems kind of weird that Now for Wrath is part of every single traitsetup I use because it's simply too good to leave out.

heh, hard to muster up any outrage over the focus and victory banner nerfs. Sure they are ridiculous nerfs to underpowered skills but I haven't used them outside of the Lt fight since RoI and with me many others.

Even the IDOME change leaves me completely cold since I don't even use it in small groups any more.
    Proud leader of [url]www.thewesternalliance.org[/url] On [EN-RP] Laurelin

Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker
    - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Elrantiri View Post
    And that's a viable setup as I see it. However, you could just as easily go for the Rancid Oil pocket with the might proc and then wear the heal ring and the crit ring and thereby have three procs. So if you really want the heal ring, I'd say you can fit it in rather easily.
    My concern would be not enough fate, or too much fate that sacrifices other good stuff....

Plus I would need to make a third proc ring XD