We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Housing revamp

Lightbulb Housing revamp

Housing revamp is coming?

Then here are my suggestions:

1) Shire Deluxe houses have way too big a living room. It is very hard to decorate and leaves huge expanses of bare floor. Reduce the size or rearrange the hooks.

2) Bound items at kinship houses should be identified. Instead of RETURN TO OWNER it needs to say RETURN TO <character name>

3) A lot more variety of special furniture is needed. More rep factions can offer special items, and maybe some can be crafted at higher tiers. Failing that, special furniture slots need to accept large furniture.

4) The problem of abandoned houses needs to be dealt with. We need a long lasting escrow for abandoned houses and then the neighborhood can be opened up to new purchases.

5) Some mini-transaction games have housekeepers who can be customized! This is a fun thing, and a perfect place for people to visit the store and spend money! We vanity freaks get a new dressup and Turbine makes money. What a win win!

6) More of the hard to get trophy decorations need to be animated. Think of the Heads of the Globsnaga Elders bubbling and burping!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c000000114d1e/01005/signature.png]Lavadoc[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by MercedMike View Post
    Housing revamp is coming?

Then here are my suggestions:

1) Shire Deluxe houses have way too big a living room. It is very hard to decorate and leaves huge expanses of bare floor. Reduce the size or rearrange the hooks.
    dont know if its doable...but i would love to see a much more freeform decoration system. having slots already defined in preset locations is yuck. let me move the stuff where i want (within reason, obviously) in my own house and yard please.

Wow... You guys wanna aim a little above the carpet?

1) If Turbine keeps the hook system, the revamp will be a waste of time, period.

2) Not a big deal, but yes, would be nice...

3) See 1

4) Turbine has said they will be doing something about the abandoned houses. See the last Dev Twitter chat.

5 & 6) Go and look at the housing update request sticky... There is an enormous thread full of suggestions for housing with an excellent concept at the start of it, basically 5 years of combined thought out requests. Hopefully Turbine hasn't forgotten this thread, personally, I think it should be printed and stapled all over the housing devs desk...

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    Wow... You guys wanna aim a little above the carpet?

1) If Turbine keeps the hook system, the revamp will be a waste of time, period.

2) Not a big deal, but yes, would be nice...

3) See 1

4) Turbine has said they will be doing something about the abandoned houses. See the last Dev Twitter chat.

5 & 6) Go and look at the housing update request sticky... There is an enormous thread full of suggestions for housing with an excellent concept at the start of it, basically 5 years of combined thought out requests. Hopefully Turbine hasn't forgotten this thread, personally, I think it should be printed and stapled all over the housing devs desk...
    i aimed where i aimed because thats the only thing i care about revamping. just let me put the stuff where i want to put it. oh and sorry i didnt post my reply in the "official housing revamp thread".... not to mention I cant find the "sticky" you are talking about. i dont see any stickies in this forum. there are 3 in the housing forum...none of which are a housing update request sticky....not saying its not there...but its not like its posted on the front page in bold letters or anything
    Last edited by husaragi; Apr 03 2013 at 10:52 AM.

Card Parties at Kinhouse

im new to reading all the posts and threads here... please forgive me if i am restating something already suggested. i think it would be great if we could have Card Parties at Kinhouses. i have played other mmo games that have poker... blackjack/21... and dice games available for people to play. you bet with ingame tokens... way fun!

Thumbs up Card party at the Kinhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by juliehood View Post
    im new to reading all the posts and threads here... please forgive me if i am restating something already suggested. i think it would be great if we could have Card Parties at Kinhouses. i have played other mmo games that have poker... blackjack/21... and dice games available for people to play. you bet with ingame tokens... way fun!
    ROFL now there is a great idea!

And fulfills the frequent requests for a new hobby too!

Love it!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c000000114d1e/01005/signature.png]Lavadoc[/charsig]

I like the ideas, but I have set my sights a bit lower. I would like "something" to change. I would take even a few more hooks.

Feel free to add to the mondo semi-official housing suggestion thread (or see if yours has already been suggested!)

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...using-Redesign

i'd rather have the ability to increase house sizes or restructure the interior of my house, add rooms, tear down walls etc, may be tie this up with quest that allows permission to have these things done.

Leave out the un-needed stress

My apologies, but I would like to add my own 2 cents to this forum page ... From what I read, many of the ideas like more varied floor plans, a non-static decorating system, stables, the ability to have multiple houses on one account, additional storage for those who have more then one toon ... All these ideas are wonderful. Even the ideas concerning adding more housing related crafts, fests and quests ... Brilliant. I, for one, would like to see more involvement in the housing areas.

But, I would like to strongly recommend leaving out any negative or stress inducing concepts like decor wear and penalties for not using the houses. I do not want to feel harassed by the concept of just wanting a house of my own to decorate, store things in, and feel part of the LOTRO world. There is enough for me to worry about other then is my house intact from the last time I left it?
    [IMG]http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff98/Amberdrake67/sig-lotro2_zps2d1c9938.jpg[/IMG]
    Have fun storming the castle!