That's a difficult question.
At its simplest if while taking part in RP you find any of the following true:
- There are too many rules
- You're scared you might utter something that doesn't fit with the lore
- Your language skills are being brought into question
- You are typing "thee" and "thou" and "canst" all the time
- You feel overly restricted and your creativity is stifled
- You have to create a full character background story before you are allowed to join in and it must be peer reviewd
- It's no fun, too structured / regimented / formal
Then the RP is probably too much on the heavy side for you.
Conversely if you find any of the following true:
- The idiots you are playing with have no understanding of basic language skills, nor can they spell
- Everyone seems to be related to Legolas, Frodo or Gandalf in some way
- Some of these people have no knowledge whatsoever of the lore
- Out of character references keep spoiling your immersion in the RP
- There's too much messing around and not enough actual RP
- Nobody has a character background story to help you get to grips with their character and inspire your RP
- It's lacking structure, too informal and uninspiring
Then the RP is too light for your taste.
As an example light RP in kinchat could be mixed with OOC (out of character) chat and would likely revolve around just good natured banter and mocking dwarves, hobbits, elves along racial stereotypes. Light RP events will be informal and fun without too much structure and possibly some hidden storyline that will emerge courtesy of the event organisers and anyone can join in without any fear of making a mistake or putting a foot wrong.
Heavy RP on the other hand would all occur in the say channel and will be accompanied by appropriate emotes. If it's an event then there will most likely be a preset course or storyline, with roles predefined. Efforts to derail the storyline or divert it from a preset course may not be appreciated. Certain standards of behaviour may be expected in accordance with predefined roles, such as bowing to a lord and using correct titles when addressing one another.
As for medium RP you can pretty much guess that is just anything that falls in between the above two scenarios, but essentially it is all just relative to your own viewpoint and what you desire from RP.
As for your spelling and grammar you have nothing to worry about judging by your post here. Good luck in finding what you seek. Safe journey my friend.
Last edited by AnnatarsGift; Apr 02 2013 at 08:20 AM.
[center][size="4"][font="Book Antiqua"][color="#F5DEB3"]Є[/color][color="#F5CAB3"]~[/color][color="#EFA9A4"]T[/color][color="#EF6868"]h[/color][color="#DF6161"]e[/color] [color="#CF0000"]Sanct[/color][color="#CF3333"]u[/color][color="#DF5353"]a[/color][color="#EF6868"]r[/color][color="#EFA9A4"]y[/color][color="#F5CAB3"]~[/color][color="#F5DEB3"]Э[/color][/font][/size][font="Book Antiqua"]
[size="3"][color="wheat"](founded Nov 2005)[/color][/size][/font]