We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Stoneheight teal drop rates are terrible

i thought Fornost was stingey with loot - well Stoneheight is even worse. i have gone around thirty straight t2c runs without a teal drop for anyone in the group. the devs really need to look at this cluster and tweak the drop rates. it is so much lower than the drop rate of the other three man instances that i am thinking there is a bug here. teals drop like candy in school and library, both of which are shorter, easier, and have no challenge mode. run stoneheight t2c and odds are that nobody in your group will get anything other than a relic.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000000d123b/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    The [url="http://thenoldor.guildlaunch.com"]Noldor[/url] of Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by Souku View Post
    i thought Fornost was stingey with loot - well Stoneheight is even worse. i have gone around thirty straight t2c runs without a teal drop for anyone in the group. the devs really need to look at this cluster and tweak the drop rates. it is so much lower than the drop rate of the other three man instances that i am thinking there is a bug here. teals drop like candy in school and library, both of which are shorter, easier, and have no challenge mode. run stoneheight t2c and odds are that nobody in your group will get anything other than a relic.
    Yeah, both Stoneheight and Northcotton Farms have roughly equal and horrendous drop rates for teal items. I've taken my warden on roughly 115 combined runs of the two (give or take half a dozen) completing t2c every time, with the desire to acquire the teal agi/vit earrings that drop from them. For all of the people I've taken with me on these runs we've had a grand total of maybe 5 teals, 3 of the might earrings from sth for champs/cappies, 1 vendor trash agi pants from sth for my warden, and one of something i can't remember atm from NCF.

The majority of the time I take at least 1 hunter, if not two on the NCF runs with friends just looking for seals and hoping to help me get the drop I'm after.. no luck yet. It's really sad when you compare this to the drop rates of teals in other instances, particularly sch/lib in which a bad streak is going 2 consecutive runs without seeing a teal drop for at least 1/3 of the group.
    Eilinel, Bejaren- 85 Hunters
    Lienric-85 Warden
    Ilenwyn-85 Mini
    Gerlendad- 85 Burg

I concur, there seems to be something amiss in both Stoneheight and Northcotton Farm in terms of loot. I think I've done them about 20 times t2c and haven't seen any teals for anyone in my group. We've had many runs where not even a single purple dropped.

However, a few friends were doing Stoneheight for the first time and wanted to do it t1 and I got the teal earring. Was I just incredibly lucky that time or could the loot tables be mixed somehow?

Quote Originally Posted by Enfinite View Post
    I concur, there seems to be something amiss in both Stoneheight and Northcotton Farm in terms of loot. I think I've done them about 20 times t2c and haven't seen any teals for anyone in my group. We've had many runs where not even a single purple dropped.

However, a few friends were doing Stoneheight for the first time and wanted to do it t1 and I got the teal earring. Was I just incredibly lucky that time or could the loot tables be mixed somehow?
    when things are slow, i'll solo t1 stoneheight (t2 just takes too long). I won't claim any outlandish number of times having done this, but I've gotten nothing from any attempt, and its certainly in the double digits for completions on t1.

Agreed on T2 as well. I've seen 1 teal drop total in a very fair share of runs. This is in stark comparison to school/lib, which seemed to drop a teal quite regularly.

This is yet another foolish aspect to the current way remote looting is implemented in chests. Coupled with the tendency for things to be released with significant bugs in this game, its nearly impossible to determine if things are working as intended, whereas the old guaranteed drop system would take exactly 1 run to know whether things were working.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

Same thing for me; I've done T1/T2C in solo or duo dozens of times, I got a crystal of remembrance on the first try in T1, then a few purple/teal afterwards, but T2C seems worse than T1, with absolutely nothing most of the time...
    Last edited by Castorix; Apr 02 2013 at 08:39 AM.

Think i've seen teal drop there twice, some might items. Not sure how many runs I have done since update 10. Maybe 30-40. I don't run a lot if STH or NCF. But the droprate is off compared to other 3-man, I agree.

This also goes for drops in Fornost vs. other 6-man. Not sure if its intentional.

I personally dont care that much, my Warden is not my main, its semi-retired. But its pretty unfair considering the stat changes. The only new agi/vit/morale jewelries towards tanking for Wardens drops in STH and NCF. But it seem literally impossible to get those drops, kinda like farming teal items in Fornost, you can do an entire week of dry runs.

Yes we all know good teals are harder to get. Like the might bracelet in Haudh Valandil, and everything else considered more rare. But there is a difference, other classes have options. I dont need to farm the will earring from Water Wing, I have 5 other will earrings to pick from in my inventory, almost equally good. You cant really say the same for Wardens.

/signed

I literally ran stoneheight about 170+ times and I only saw the Earring of Grave tidings dropping once, I even got my class gold item from there without getting a teal lol...
    Brandywine: Aurn r13 Guardian / Eurn r10 Reaver, Eyebrowjoe r9 Blackarrow, Zoulapi r9 Warg, Aurney r7 Warleader
    Elendilmir: Ellada r6 Guardian / Elgreco r10 Reaver, Eurn r6 Blackarrow, Yurn r6 Warg
    [b]Acta Non Verba / Stainless[/b]

Guys i share your opinion too but wait a bit and some id....t will come to claim that the rng is working well and that you showed no proof of it ....
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/nzknxz.jpg[/IMG]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Anolus View Post
    Guys i share your opinion too but wait a bit and some id....t will come to claim that the rng is working well and that you showed no proof of it ....
    I could probably link you to some scientific articles that not only show it but also prove it although I don't think that would satisfy anyone though as it's so much more fun ranting and QQ:ing than accepting facts.

Now... With that out of the way. I don't think I've gotten a teal or seen a teal from these instances. I have people in kin run it multiple times with little to no luck. I just do them for the quick seals they provide (which, luckily, are not RNG dependent).

And when it comes to gold items. Well... I have my Mallendhrim Rune-Keepers Token and nothing else. Some people run about with five, or six pieces. Hating the RNG won't help much.
    [I]A small cog in a big machine.
    [/I]
    Life has no "Undo" button, only "I'm sorry". Thinking before doing is a good thing.

I agree, loot drop rates seem very low here compared to comparable content. This needs to be fixed ASAP (i.e. nerf the other instances down to Stoneheight/NCF/Fornost levels just to be sure that no one has fun playing this game).
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000019dccb/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Ulver - 85 Runekeeper | Grevling - 85 Burglar

It's not just Stone Height/ North Cotton Farms, it seems to me ALL of In their Absence content has horrible RNG of loot.
    (Lost Temple, Sari Surma & OD)
    We run Lt T2 Challenge 2-4x in a Row, and we always get a chest with either zero to 1 purple item
    SS T2 Cm
    OD (at least T1)
    Ncf T2 Cm
    Sth T2 Cm
    ALL horrible RNGs

Instances like..
    GB
    Anuminas
    Inn of the Forsaken
    Halls of Night
    Eregion cluster

ALL have good RNGs

I'm not saying it's bugged and I'm not saying it isn't bugged, but something has to be wrong. (I'm not complaining about the loot drop I'm just agreeing with the OP)

I also agree that Fornost RNG is on Par with In Their Absence Cluster's RNG

Warg Pens is another instance with shameful drop rate, takes forever to get a teal. I suppose is better then the OD content and Fornost tho, since I saw a goldie after about 40 runs. Too bad the person already had it and had to vendor it (it was a cloak).

Yea, sth has got a pretty terrible drop rate.

What would be nice, is if they upped the drop rate of teals to 25%, and golds to 5-10%.

As those are pretty high drop rates, it'd also be nice if turbine made instances which were actually challenging, to the point where a pug would struggle with T1, and not do T2, but an advanced group would be able to farm T1 and struggle on T2.

It's an idea that's quite similar to the times when instances were fun to do.

I remember when the first boss of sth was a pain to do, and often resorted in kiting while a hunter pew pewed. Then the final boss was when there were even more wipes.

Now, it can be done with dps gear and traits, and no healer.
    [IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/16gxuls.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by The_Divine View Post
    It's not just Stone Height/ North Cotton Farms, it seems to me ALL of In their Absence content has horrible RNG of loot.
    (Lost Temple, Sari Surma & OD)
    We run Lt T2 Challenge 2-4x in a Row, and we always get a chest with either zero to 1 purple item
    SS T2 Cm
    OD (at least T1)
    Ncf T2 Cm
    Sth T2 Cm
    ALL horrible RNGs

Instances like..
    GB
    Anuminas
    Inn of the Forsaken
    Halls of Night
    Eregion cluster

ALL have good RNGs

I'm not saying it's bugged and I'm not saying it isn't bugged, but something has to be wrong. (I'm not complaining about the loot drop I'm just agreeing with the OP)

I also agree that Fornost RNG is on Par with In Their Absence Cluster's RNG
    If 2-4 runs is your total for SS/LT that's not really much to go on in terms of guessing at the drop rate from there; though that's about how much I've completed them and don't recall getting much of anything from it either so it's possible the drop rates are just as bad as STH/NCF have been.

On the other hand, I think that from what I've seen the drop rates in OD seem to be quite appropriate to the time required and the difficulty. T1 we typically see between 0-2 teal drops at a rate comparable to t1 from the Erebor raids. T2 wound and fear we've seen generally a couple of teals. T2c poison and disease we've been seeing 2-4 teals on the handful of runs we've completed. All perfectly reasonable drop rates to my mind. Haven't been able to get enough people together with the appropriate deed requirements to have a go at ivar/gortheron yet.
    Lienric-85 Warden
    Ilenwyn-85 Mini
    Gerlendad- 85 Burg

I ran Stoneheight over 50 times (fifty, 5 - 0) on champion and captain. I have yet to see ONE teal drop (nvm a gold).

Great.
    Ricardofurriel 105 Champion Edved 105 Captain Roovery 105 Minstrel Galathriell 105 Lore-Master EddieVedder 105 Rune-Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoFurriel View Post
    I ran Stoneheight over 50 times (fifty, 5 - 0) on champion and captain. I have yet to see ONE teal drop (nvm a gold).
    Great.
    Yes, as Spelunker said, in particular in comparison to School, which is farmed in 5 mns with good DPS (and no tank, no healer, hum, what a challenge..), and gives teals regularly
    (and 3 seals vs 1 seal for a raid like Flight, I really don't see the logic...)
    Last edited by Castorix; Apr 07 2013 at 07:08 AM.

I have run glinghant over 200 times now and no teal relic-robber's bracelet. Always either on hunter or burg, but nothing to show for it. If that's not weird RNG, I don't know what is, so I'd stop complaining about STH and NCF if I were you. Others have it worse, lol.

I can post a screenie of my boss kills count for glinghant of both burg and hunter if you'd like. It's probably a little over 400 between the two of them so that is ~200 full runs if the first mini boss is counted as a kill, which I'm assuming it is.
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
    I have run glinghant over 200 times now and no teal relic-robber's bracelet. Always either on hunter or burg, but nothing to show for it. If that's not weird RNG, I don't know what is, so I'd stop complaining about STH and NCF if I were you. Others have it worse, lol.

I can post a screenie of my boss kills count for glinghant of both burg and hunter if you'd like. It's probably a little over 400 between the two of them so that is ~200 full runs if the first mini boss is counted as a kill, which I'm assuming it is.
    I hear what you're saying. But I base my posts on facts experienced by me. I saw that bracelet (and other teals for that matter) way more often than any teal in STH. I'd say that out of 50 runs I probably saw the bracelet drop 10 times. Which you're probably saying it's baloney, but it's a fact. At least for me.
    Ricardofurriel 105 Champion Edved 105 Captain Roovery 105 Minstrel Galathriell 105 Lore-Master EddieVedder 105 Rune-Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post

That's unfortunate for you. Really, I can understand how that would seem unfair and painful. But I'm sure you've seen lots of other teals drop from that many runs, if not for you because maybe your luck really is that bad, but at least for others. I've probably gotten a good 20 or 30 glinghant clears myself and have not seen that teal bracelet, but I have received a handful of the purples and a couple of the teal Ring of Deep Waters instead. As well, many others in my groups have received numerous purple and teal drops from my glinghant runs.

What you're experiencing isn't a case of glinghant having horrid drop rates like we're discussing about STH/NCF, you're talking about one particular item having an especially low drop rate (like a lot of the good items seem to have) and an extra special run of bad luck for just you. From my experiences in STH/NCF it's not just what I want that's not dropping, it's that nothing's dropping for anyone. It takes 5-6 straight runs just to see a purple for 1 person in the group and 30+ runs for someone to get a teal at all, never mind the ones we're actually trying to get. This is not right.
    Lienric-85 Warden
    Ilenwyn-85 Mini
    Gerlendad- 85 Burg

I agree the drop rate in Stoneheight is well below other instances. Could the devs check on this please?