We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Being quite new to some of the mechanics i have 2 questions.

1. Why are the grp moving between the trolls?

2. why are one of the hunters not moving with grp?

Regards Wao

Quote Originally Posted by Elrantiri View Post
    Hopefully you do pop your CD's before starting the fight in order to reset them straight away?
    I do yes, most have to use theirs in combat though.
    My home is a spider den, my garden is Hoarhallow and I visit Grothum on holiday. I just happen to be really unlucky and meet freeps there ;)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2022401000010e4a5/signature.png]Basilbrush[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Waolas View Post
    Being quite new to some of the mechanics i have 2 questions.

1. Why are the grp moving between the trolls?
    Because trolls switch debuffs (-incoming melee / -incoming ranged damage)

2. why are one of the hunters not moving with grp?
    He/She is on the 3 adds that spawn every 30s (Reinforcements). Champ and Cappy are on adds as well.
    Ricardofurriel 115 Champion Edved 105 Captain Roovery 105 Minstrel Galathriell 105 Lore-Master EddieVedder 105 Rune-Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Ollof View Post
    I do yes, most have to use theirs in combat though.
    Most? Who can't use at least some of their cooldowns before the fight is started?

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoFurriel View Post
    Because trolls switch debuffs (-incoming melee / -incoming ranged damage)

He/She is on the 3 adds that spawn every 30s (Reinforcements). Champ and Cappy are on adds as well.
    Thanks for the answer altough i knew what he did i was more wondering if it wouldn't be better to have the hunter move with grp to avoid oneshot.

Thanks for the answer altough i knew what he did i was more wondering if it wouldn't be better to have the hunter move with grp to avoid oneshot.
    The hunter is out of range of the distributed from both trolls. He doesn't take that attack at all. Less moving for him is better dps.
    Mihiraa-Fallarden ~ Situational Awareness ~ Arkenstone
    Bunnytail ~ Terminus Venatus Triumphus

Original Challenger of Gothmog x2

Quote Originally Posted by jennirich View Post
    The hunter is out of range of the distributed from both trolls. He doesn't take that attack at all. Less moving for him is better dps.
    Aha cheers. i always just figured it could hit you on the whole arena. thanks for clearing that up

Aha cheers. i always just figured it could hit you on the whole arena. thanks for clearing that up
    I don't think it was mentioned in this thread, though it was in the progression thread, but the AoE distributed hit is an 11m radius from the troll, 12m is the closest you can be and still avoid it. Having the hunter at 12+ meters from both trolls means he only has to worry about Inferno damage.
    Elendilmir
    Kinship: [URL="http://e-apex.guildlaunch.com/index.php?gid=256768&sid=3b8e42d88e54213114e395e1cdd477ae"]Apex[/URL]
    Garcimili - 85 GRD /// Arthilios - 85 HTR /// RonSwanson - Defiler

Am I the only one that thinks this went a bit TOO smoothly? Hardly anyone dropped below 90% morale the whole fight! Also, at the end of the video when the hunter's target swaps to an add to kill it, the number 85 seems a bit... in the wrong place.

Given the upload date (April Fools Day) is it possible this was completed at level 65 and the actual level was just photoshopped over at the end?

Either way well done, either for a great success or an epic Aprils Fool
    Lose = To suffer defeat or fail to win.
    Loose = Not tight or released from a fastening or attachment.

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2221900000017d924/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Wilksie View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks this went a bit TOO smoothly? Hardly anyone dropped below 90% morale the whole fight! Also, at the end of the video when the hunter's target swaps to an add to kill it, the number 85 seems a bit... in the wrong place.

Given the upload date (April Fools Day) is it possible this was completed at level 65 and the actual level was just photoshopped over at the end?

The only thing to really knock some morale off players is either to be a tank or to take on a distributed attack for your own. Even catapults arent that much of a problem unless you get hit by more than one within a short period.

As for S&A's video being at lvl 65 there's several pointers against it. You can see when Yelk selects the bosses that their text is white rather than grey. Also, the deed only completes at lvl 85 as far as I know, and you can see the deed getting completed when the trolls die. Also, Yelk has done about 1 million damage by the end of the fight and there's no way he'd deal that much damage if the instance was lvl 65, it would be over way before that.

The reasoning for nobody taking damage will be explained in full detail in the guide section below the original post which you can see I already have begun to edit. As for April fools that was yesterday and it is over . As already stated we got seals, the mobs were on level and I alone did over the amount of damage in an entire 65 instance. But thanks for the compliment!!

My hope is when I'm done here most kins regardless of skill level can do it in 10-13 min as safe and controlled as it seemed in the video by following the guide.
    Yelk, Hunter| Rank 15 | Arkenstone | Leader of Shock and Awe
    Original Challenger of Saruman
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

Quote Originally Posted by YesMaam View Post
    I think for first timers focusing on keeping it even would be easier than staggering one side perfectly each time - thoughts? A bit more damage on each tank is a small price to pay when keeping it simple.
    Hmm, I guess it would make sense to try with the 200% and if the tanks are killed then try the staggering? That was our way of dealing with it at least.

I'll respond.... this was done at 85, no april fools sheet here.

thanks

Very nice video and guide!

I wanted to ask question about burg,you said debuff one,so i suppose he was a Gambler?
    Asking cause i'm likely to try this on my burg soon. Since this is not a dps race i asume gambler would be better then QK.

thanks!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2322100000012394b/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Ahearn View Post
    Very nice video and guide!

I wanted to ask question about burg,you said debuff one,so i suppose he was a Gambler?
    Asking cause i'm likely to try this on my burg soon. Since this is not a dps race i asume gambler would be better then QK.

thanks!
    Yes can do gambler, basically anything but dps traits as the burgs dps is irrelevant. Full disbale on both bosses, aoe dust adds/stun, traited riddle for adds that get loose, anything to help anyone else basically. You want disable to last at least a minute though because 1 burg has to keep disable on both bosses and you'll want trick range.

Am I the only one that thinks this went a bit TOO smoothly? Hardly anyone dropped below 90% morale the whole fight!
    it's because they have the valiant strike HoT and rally cry HoT running constantly. the fact that captains can put out so much healing really seems to have lowered the difficulty of this fight.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000000d123b/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    The [url="http://thenoldor.guildlaunch.com"]Noldor[/url] of Arkenstone

Nice job

very nice write up
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207000000083fbc/01007/signature.png]Tyronetheone[/charsig]

'Chosen to Serve, Inspired to Lead'

Quote Originally Posted by Souku View Post
    it's because they have the valiant strike HoT and rally cry HoT running constantly. the fact that captains can put out so much healing really seems to have lowered the difficulty of this fight.
    in number terms captains can do 4k hps. one of our minstrels were getting 4k too!!!

rk healing epic single target healing gets the "adds tank" (even if it's a chimp) works well.

most the killers are bad tactics, but tbh I love it because of that :3 isn't much of a RNG in here when you got it down... well maybe sometimes with unlucky avoidence or crits but still it feels so close to tactics being the major factor.

I guess it's quite easy to say it's "easy" if your in a good group when tactics are most of the raid and we're so used to our classes in many cases. gorothul was hard, but tbh I was in a kin at the time that was farming him weekly, and at that point I could say it was easy :/ same with most of OD which was the last epic hard raid all round 4/6 of bosses

anyway... thx for guide very helpful, but could you update with a picture of positioning of everyone and the 2/3(?) places where adds come and if there is a tactics to know where? currently in a little fuss to know where sometimes
    [CENTER][URL=http://s739.photobucket.com/user/bubushum/media/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png.html][IMG]http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx38/bubushum/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

Very nice, this should help us a lot. And no Ahearn, that burg spot is mine!!!!
    +Moose+ tells you, 'Do you still need me to put the smack down on this foe??'

Thanks for the post! This will help a lot.

Is the warden doing a full heal rotation (around 200 dps) or is he just using conviction to keep his dps non existent?

Quote Originally Posted by jugger181 View Post
    Is the warden doing a full heal rotation (around 200 dps) or is he just using conviction to keep his dps non existent?
    My sustained DPS for the whole fight was around 240. Absolutely can not do it without keeping your rotation going. I focused on t3 and t4 heals, conviction, DoW, shield mastery and wall of steel. My mini kept anthem of prowess up for 91% of the fight, which was more than enough to keep my evade capped with DoW and shield mastery going.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0720600000015a567/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

any new sugestions or ideas or helping thoughts ?? :d

Just curious if anyone has tried this strategy:

1 tank on each Troll

1 Ranged/Tac DPS on each Troll

1 Melee DPS on each Troll

2 Healers

4 People on Adds (preferably 2 Capts + 2 anything else)

This takes advantage of the incoming damage debuff each troll puts up so both groups should proceed at the same rate.

Additionally, with 4 on adds, they should be burned down fairly quickly which takes advantage of cappie RC spam which should help cover for Inferno and just help with general healing
    Occupy Warden Forums to bring back teh awesome.
    NO GAMBIT COOLDOWNS!

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_Dan View Post
    Just curious if anyone has tried this strategy:

1 tank on each Troll

1 Ranged/Tac DPS on each Troll

1 Melee DPS on each Troll

2 Healers

4 People on Adds (preferably 2 Capts + 2 anything else)

This takes advantage of the incoming damage debuff each troll puts up so both groups should proceed at the same rate.

Additionally, with 4 on adds, they should be burned down fairly quickly which takes advantage of cappie RC spam which should help cover for Inferno and just help with general healing
    Did you even watch the video? What you described is exactly what we did except a captain helped the burg VS the hunter for troll DPS because the burg is busy doing jobs the hunter is not. So 2 main add DPS and 1 captain.

I think the biggest thing that is hitting most groups is the distribute. Eliminate 50% of all distribute damage taken in the fight by moving which the melee troll mark as shown. Have hunters stand back so DPS is not hindered. As far as healing goes I'm sure our healers will tell you they much preferred taking a few steps than healing people being hit by back-back distribute.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast