We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Cool Ending and Starting times of lottery

When does this lottery end? and when does the next lottery start?

[size=1][i]A spaceship from another star / They ask me where all the people are
    I tell them I'm the only one / There was a war, but I must have won[/i][/size]

I know i saw that that doesnt really help me answer any of my questions

http://my.lotro.com/home/lottery

If neither of those links answer your question, I am at a loss.

I understand--I think

I think the question really is why are they not happening according to schedule. When I first started playing there happened to be lotteries every day. Then they started being every other day. Since then they have been very happenstance imo, even though it is posted they will run twice a week they do not.

Monday Noon Eastern - Thursday 10:00AM Eastern
    Thursday Noon Eastern - Sunday 11:00PM Eastern

I personally feel it is very irritating to look forward to entering lotteries that never happen when they are supposed to. I put a lot of money into this game and I feel upset about that one thing, espeically. I pesonally feel when LOTRO says they will do lotteries twice a week, they should do them and exactly as stated. If they want to or dont want to do extra lotteries that is their prerogative but I believe that when someone gives their word, come what may, they should not retract. I try to live my personal life this way and expect others and other institutions to do likewise. Maybe unrealistic of me but that is the world I was brought up to believe in. I am older than most players though, at nearly 49 years old and truthfully, the world I was brought up in is quite a different world than what it is today, sadly, in many cases, though I do enjoy the technologies I am quie dissatisfied with the values and mores of this brave new world. To me, failing to live up to what you state you will do is really an offense and I am offended. Not that it matters. I love the game and will play whether there is a lottery or not, but I would almost prefer it either not have one or state plainly it will have no schedule and will just be something extra once in awhile, than to post a schedule and not follow through with it.
    Live Simly that Others May Simply Live

As I recall- they used to announce 'flash lotteries' on Twitter. The ones that lasted 24 hours or less. Of course that was mostly during festivals; but twitter could be another source of information of when a Lottery will start.

From the links it's clear the schedule says nothing starts before Noon on Monday. I'd wait at least that long to start complaining.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000001c136d/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

There hasn't been a flash lottery in 13 months.

This topic was started while the Sunday lotteries were still going.

From what we've been told, the lotteries need to be kicked off by a person, so they may
    not start exactly at the time listed in that lottery link, but they always end at the listed
    time, because that's when the system chooses the winners, and that part is automated.

That said, we did have a period of a couple of weeks where there were no lotteries.
    My guess is that something was broken, because myLOTRO went down for an hour or
    so Thursday afternoon, and right after it came back up the Thursday-Sunday lottery
    popped up.

A place where cotton grows and oil flows.
    The lottery ending 31 March at 11 PM EDT appears to have ended properly as scheduled, and I was fortunate enough to have a couple of winners. As pointed out above, the lotteries seem to require initiation by a person (Sapience or once in a while Celestrata), so a wee bit of slack in the schedule should be granted. Hopefully, a more automatic system is coming sooner than Soon™, but that remains to be seen. In any case, thank to Sapience, Celestrata and Turbine for these little 'extras' like the lotteries that add to our overall gaming experience.
    Be well and good questing, all! See you about Middle Earth another time!

In a list of his responsibilities, the community manager for Lotro named the lottery's as one of his jobs. Hey-ho.

As of the time of this posting ~8pm EST 4/1/13... has a new lottery started?

I saw and entered the one from last week; but still nothing so far this week. Just curious.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000001c136d/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

There aren't any going right now. You surprised?

Quote Originally Posted by Nakiami View Post
    There aren't any going right now. You surprised?
    Not really; but as buggy as the system has been... it'll take a little time to decide it's really fixed. (If you are being excluded...how do you..without input from those who aren't?) My 'faith' is not yet restored. Thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Thallan View Post
    Not really; but as buggy as the system has been... it'll take a little time to decide it's really fixed. (If you are being excluded...how do you..without input from those who aren't?) My 'faith' is not yet restored. Thanks for the reply.
    Turbine's lottery tooling could benefit by some usability changes like the ability to see all active lotteries even if you can't enter them.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Sapience is on vacation this week and next, whether he is able(willing) to kick off lotteries remotely during his vacation, I do not know. The last pause during the lotteries was during the preparation for PAX I believe. The lotteries are something he does for us the players, as time permits.
    “And some things that should not have been forgotten were lost. History became legend. Legend became myth. And for two and a half thousand years, the ring passed out of all knowledge.”
    ? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    Turbine's lottery tooling could benefit by some usability changes like the ability to see all active lotteries even if you can't enter them.
    That would indeed be a nice to have.

But in the mean time I always use the list made and maintained by RingTailCat to check if I missed a lottery.