We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Partial mitigation relics Vs. Incoming healing relics

For me it seems incoming healing relics are lot better...

so avoidances damage reduction goes for partial avoidances only and now we have only 5% chance of them - a bit more from block i know - but still for me this seems really not much, so 1 relics increases partial mitigation from 35% to 45%, on two mitigation... so 1 partial avoidance reduces incoming damage witout these relics by 1,75%, and 2,25% with these relics...

it affects two avoidance it increases damage reduction by 0,5% (+ some avoidance + some staat)

in other hand incoming healing runes give some niceportion of incoming healing... for me it seems around 5% i gain from my 2 t9 rune (also they give some shny block rating too, and its not overcapping anymore !yay!)

And incoming healing ealps us counterone of our weaknesses - the spike damage. If we got bad luck (so boss hit us more times in a row), or some radical dmg increase, gigantic crit hit, this really healps for healers to heal us back faster, and prevent the cahnces of death coz we were in low morale. Also currently in battle of erebor we have jangovar elite warirs who can debuff our inc healing, so if u accidentally got the debuff this staat can make difference. I have 21% incoming healing.. and healers like it XD

Quote Originally Posted by Leri927 View Post
    And incoming healing ealps us counterone of our weaknesses - the spike damage. If we got bad luck (so boss hit us more times in a row), or some radical dmg increase, gigantic crit hit, this really healps for healers to heal us back faster
    I think increasing avoidence helps us more to soak up more hits, lessening the chance "bad luck". if we are getting huge spike damage, I don't think the 5% inc healing accounts to needing burst healing back as much as I'd like.

I'm pretty sure there will be new relics in U11, level 85 relics that'll start lodes of complaints and lodes of new builds. hopefully we'll see something new. I'm not the lucky to have millions of T9's, I've spend too many on checking out moors weapons D:

so I don't think it's worth it for the 3rd relic slot at the moment.
    Last edited by bohbashum; Mar 30 2013 at 10:41 PM.
    [CENTER][URL=http://s739.photobucket.com/user/bubushum/media/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png.html][IMG]http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx38/bubushum/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

I've always favoured the padding of avoidance mitigation versus raw incoming healing. Comparatively mine has always been lower than other wardens, but my partial mitigations have always been significantly higher.

The way I see it, incoming healing aids the effort of other people's jobs in keeping you there doing your job, while the partial mitigation is purely something that you can do to keep you there doing your job.

It's a trade-off that ultimately doesn't account for a whole lot until it comes down to specific mechanics, and I certainly don't always take into account the fact that we can heal ourselves.
    But my attitude will always be prevention and not cure.

so avoidances damage reduction goes for partial avoidances only and now we have only 5% chance of them - a bit more from block i know - but still for me this seems really not much, so 1 relics increases partial mitigation from 35% to 45%, on two mitigation... so 1 partial avoidance reduces incoming damage witout these relics by 1,75%, and 2,25% with these relics...
    The normal cap for partial avoidances is 10%. Wardens can buff this to 22% for block and 16% for parry and evade.
    The normal cap for partial mitigations is 35%. Those relics can buff this to 55% for block and evade and 75% for parry.

The partial mitigations those relics provide cannot be gotten through any other means. They are unique to those relics. On the other hand incoming healing is quite common on all sorts of items. So for me at least it's essential to get the partial mitigation relics, I'll buff up my inc healing with other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaphael View Post
    The normal cap for partial avoidances is 10%. Wardens can buff this to 22% for block and 16% for parry and evade.
    The normal cap for partial mitigations is 35%. Those relics can buff this to 55% for block and evade and 75% for parry.

The partial mitigations those relics provide cannot be gotten through any other means. They are unique to those relics. On the other hand incoming healing is quite common on all sorts of items. So for me at least it's essential to get the partial mitigation relics, I'll buff up my inc healing with other stuff.
    as ii remeber there was a silent buff so gambit builders not give partial b/p/e anymore, instead thegive normal b/p/e, so only 10% chance for evade and parry, and 14% for block...

also seems not that bad iwht these numbers.. btwguys how much inc healing u have? i have 10k

as ii remeber there was a silent buff so gambit builders not give partial b/p/e anymore, instead thegive normal b/p/e, so only 10% chance for evade and parry, and 14% for block...

also seems not that bad iwht these numbers.. btwguys how much inc healing u have? i have 10k
    Not sure what silent buff (I think you meant nerf?) you're talking about...the basic gambit builders still work the same way they have for a long time. Just tested it in game they still give 6% partial BPE (at max tier).

My inc healing is 5.7k @ 19.5%. But I'm not fully geared yet.

I always prefer avoidance over incoming healing, specially partial avoidance since AFAIK it is not affected by Finesse. Think of it this way, with capped partial avoidance chance and mitigation you'll be taking the same hits as a guard 50% of the time. The other 50% our normal avoidance + self heals are beastly. Avoidance is much better than inc healing for fights like BFE t2c when you're working with +200-300% damage buffs. Even guards build avoidance for that fight.

The DR for inc healing kicks in fairly quickly and tbh even if you get capped inc heal the difference in inc heals is minimal. Also as someone mentioned earlier, inc healing is a very cheap stat and is can be obtained from many sources where as partial mit is unique to the relics.

Quote Originally Posted by Shintagh View Post
    I always prefer avoidance over incoming healing, specially partial avoidance since AFAIK it is not affected by Finesse.
    your right, it's not. overcapping avoidence isn't that bad in many cases and many mis-conceptions on how it works. I should do a more current and better sample test though so I'm right first, but...

finesse reduces avoidence evenly, for example;

10% block,parry,evade = 30% avoidence
    10% finesse reduces that 30% by 10% to 20%.

5% block 10% parry 15% evade = 30% avoidence
    10% finesse would be split up evenly to the ratio of avoidence
    in this case 1:2:3, there are 2 times as much parry as block, and 3 times as much evade as block. 5 slices
    10% / 5 = 2%. so the end result is 3% block, 6% parry, 9% evade
    worked out is: 5%-2%block , 10%-4%parry , 15%-6%evade

I tested this useing combat analysis addon to see what happened in multiple spars with a hunter who took off finesse gear on half of them. (and not useing x-bow or li's with increasing hit chance or anything else...)

again I'll do this test again with a larger sample and might put it up here for warden-math nurds to oggle over
    [CENTER][URL=http://s739.photobucket.com/user/bubushum/media/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png.html][IMG]http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx38/bubushum/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Shintagh View Post
    I always prefer avoidance over incoming healing, specially partial avoidance since AFAIK it is not affected by Finesse. Think of it this way, with capped partial avoidance chance and mitigation you'll be taking the same hits as a guard 50% of the time. The other 50% our normal avoidance + self heals are beastly. Avoidance is much better than inc healing for fights like BFE t2c when you're working with +200-300% damage buffs. Even guards build avoidance for that fight.
    Most *Good* guards I know, build for avoidance for tanking all fights, not just t2 raids. It's far better to use the partial mit % due to the fact that it takes effect whether or not you have self buffs up, granted, they're more effective with them up, but they still provide mitigation during a lapse period, or initial buff building. also, I generally find that partials make up about 14-17% of all of my total avoidance numbers whenever I log TPS in Combat analysis, but I also run a high-avoidance build.
    [url=http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php][img]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wsiga.php/5885254mErZw.png[/img][/url]

Where has your Wadening taken you?

...lol thx for advices guys...

i changed my inc heal relics to partial ones, and i can feel the difference, it is not that lot but i can feel it