We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Proposed Warleader Changes

Hey Guys

After my take on the Defiler, you can see my ideas here http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...48#post6716448 , I thought about a few changes for the WL

A new tanking stance (R6):
    +10% Physical and Tactical Migitation
    +5000 Maximum Morale
    +1800 Critical Defence
    +10% Incoming Healing

Brawler Stance changes:
    My goal is to make Brawler a real DPS option. Right now it serves as a band aid for broken Commander induction knockbacks. But that's not what Brawler is intended for, Commander should be fixed instead to work as it should

-) Crack the Whip! - Healing reduced by 50%, self-only
    -) All other healing skills disabled
    -) +50% Melee skills Critical Multiplier
    -) reduced cooldowns for melee skills (Cleave 1s, Shield-Bash 12s)
    -) new skill Ferocious Assault (Brawler Stance only):
    3-target AoE, that applies a 3% melee crit chance to the WL per target hit (buff uptime 20s, skill cooldown 20s)

Commander Stance:
    +5% Healing Critical Chance

Field Promotion:
    Cooldown in Commander Stance 1min 30s, outside of Commander 3min

A new (stance dependend) skill:
    Blood-Brother:
    Brawler: If you and your Blood-Brother are within 10 meters both of you gain +20% damage
    Commander: If your Blood-Brother scores a Critical Hit with a damage skill, your next healing skill is instant
    Tanking Stance: All damage your Blood-Brother takes is transferred to you (mirror skill to shield wall)

Comments? Suggestions? "This is soo OP" QQ?

OP. Nerf already.

I like it tbh, and the idea of giving a tanky class a shield wall like skill instead of defilers is good too.

My suggestion? Don't bother with ideas. They do not acknowledge them.

War-leaders do not need massive overhauls at the present time. Brawlers is a good dps stance.

Before anything else is added to my lovely War-Leader, for the love of Melkor give them a 3rd short cooldown single target heal PLEASE.

3-5s CD
    80-120 power cost
    1800-2500 morale heal
    Single target
    25m range
    Useable only in commanders stance
    Available at rank 7

Well for starters I must completely disagree with your assessment that inductions are "broken." Commanders Stance is where a Warleader is most powerful, and it's not "in spite of" having inductions, it's because of a massive healing output boost and the fact that inductions got fixed back at the start of Rohan so that they now only get knocked back twice.

Seriously, more Warleaders need to learn to just stand still and unload with their induction heals instead of using Brawlers as their go-to operation mode and crutch.

As to your proposed changes:

They look boring.

They take away from skill dynamics (of what use is Power of Fear in your new Brawlers? Absolutely none), the percentage boosts just make me yawn, Blood Brother looks like a rehash of two freep skills (Shield wall and the Captain's brother skills) with less usefulness than either of them, the bubble changes are unnecessary, I really do NOT want to go back to stance skill gating (which was what we always had prior to Isengard), the tank stance looks extra boring as it's basically a way to get three defensive auras if you mix it with Defensive aura with nothing else fleshed out about it, Brawlers already fills the tanking role, and your proposed Bralwers changes turn the Warleader from a team player/support class into a self absorbed DPS munchkin which is pretty much a cardinal sin as far as I'm concerned.

I think I'll stop there, but if you said tl;dr: I'm completely unimpressed by any of these proposals.

I think that the warleader skill called fracture could use a animation and damage effect update

It should look like this

changed to a knockdown aswell as same interupt.

also leaves a permanent scar on victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivaneus View Post
    Well for starters I must completely disagree with your assessment that inductions are "broken." Commanders Stance is where a Warleader is most powerful, and it's not "in spite of" having inductions, it's because of a massive healing output boost and the fact that inductions got fixed back at the start of Rohan so that they now only get knocked back twice.

Seriously, more Warleaders need to learn to just stand still and unload with their induction heals instead of using Brawlers as their go-to operation mode and crutch.

As to your proposed changes:

They look boring.

They take away from skill dynamics (of what use is Power of Fear in your new Brawlers? Absolutely none), the percentage boosts just make me yawn, Blood Brother looks like a rehash of two freep skills (Shield wall and the Captain's brother skills) with less usefulness than either of them, the bubble changes are unnecessary, I really do NOT want to go back to stance skill gating (which was what we always had prior to Isengard), the tank stance looks extra boring as it's basically a way to get three defensive auras if you mix it with Defensive aura with nothing else fleshed out about it, Brawlers already fills the tanking role, and your proposed Bralwers changes turn the Warleader from a team player/support class into a self absorbed DPS munchkin which is pretty much a cardinal sin as far as I'm concerned.

I think I'll stop there, but if you said tl;dr: I'm completely unimpressed by any of these proposals.
    What he said