We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Critical Dat Files

Hoping some kind person may be able to shed some light for me...

I was playing along quite happily with my fiancée - everything had been going smoothly since I reinstalled a couple of weeks ago. I logged out to get myself some food and when I went to log back in (i.e I exited the game completely) my loading screen got stuck at the "Getting Character Data" section, hung for about 3 minutes and then gave me the error "Critical resource could not be loaded from DAT files".

So I rebooted my machine, checked that there had been no changes to my firewall/antivirus or windows updates and tried loggin in again - still the same issue.

Playing on Vista Home 32 - only reinstalled about 3 weeks ago and can't really afford to go through a reinstall and big update again (as I'm in a country that has very small data-caps).

Any suggestions folks? Seemed odd that it was all running fine and literally 15 minutes later had problems on loading.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

K

Sounds like you installation is corrupted. Try reparing it via the installer. That does not work. Uninstall. Install the game again.

I lost both my Bullroarer and both of my live Lofro clients to corruption issues this year. I ended having to download the Steam installer to get back in game. My Live Lotro installer would not install a working copyu of the game The bullroarer is old. It will not work. At some point I will have to download the latest Bullroarer installer via Pando Medis Booster.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Ah well thanks for that Yula - I'll try to do a repair through the installer and just hope that works (as I can't re-download the installer). I do wonder what could have corrupted the files in between playing and having lunch :-(

Either way - thanks for the assistance and I'll see how I go...

K

Went through and did the repair as you suggest - seemed to fix it!

Thanks very much for the help - greatly appreciated.

K