We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Untg99 View Post
    Probably my first observation is standing in truth, perhaps in order for skill efficiency and more effective balancing I will have to look at an alternative way of gimping myself, perhaps not so unlike your third ager build.
    Very honorable of you both to intentionally gimp yourselves to attempt to have a relatively balanced fight and for that, you have my respect. It's just frustrating to us creeps (and I'm sure you can see it from your side of the fence as well) that no matter how well we play, our class still has its limit as to how much potential it has (since corruptions are always a tradeoff and we have no gear customization). Whereas you are having to basically downgrade and abstain from using certain skills to get down to the level we're currently at. It's nice to see that some players are actually interested in balance, but at the same time it's appalling that Turbine has left the issue of balance to one side's discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by DrKeyLogger View Post
    Very honorable of you both to intentionally gimp yourselves to attempt to have a relatively balanced fight and for that, you have my respect. It's just frustrating to us creeps (and I'm sure you can see it from your side of the fence as well) that no matter how well we play, our class still has its limit as to how much potential it has (since corruptions are always a tradeoff and we have no gear customization). Whereas you are having to basically downgrade and abstain from using certain skills to get down to the level we're currently at. It's nice to see that some players are actually interested in balance, but at the same time it's appalling that Turbine has left the issue of balance to one side's discretion.
    The most fun i've personally found in the game has come from challenging myself. What's the biggest challenge in this game? Testing myself against others who are all about testing themselves against others. Thats what this game became to me.

It is insanely fun at times being a Lotro hercules, not that i've ever taken pursuit or initiative to achieve the true potential of that, and for a lot of creeps it's something that the classes aren't capable of.
    The only other time I would see a justification of the hercules style would be in extremely outnumbered odds with little recourse for other options, which, personally have become a lot more frequent when I have had the time to play. I still haven't adapted to those circumstances and really don't care to as I never really have anyway.

Comes down to the question 'Where's the fun when everything is handed to you on a platter?'.

Sadly gimping yourself one way or another,has been the only way for decent fights for a long long time in lotro..
    But not many do it,most seem to love what you just called "Hercules" mode :=) and seem to deny their class beeing over the top. Goes for other classes too ofc,not just wardens

Quote Originally Posted by Untg99 View Post
    The most fun i've personally found in the game has come from challenging myself. What's the biggest challenge in this game? Testing myself against others who are all about testing themselves against others. Thats what this game became to me.

It is insanely fun at times being a Lotro hercules, not that i've ever taken pursuit or initiative to achieve the true potential of that, and for a lot of creeps it's something that the classes aren't capable of.
    The only other time I would see a justification of the hercules style would be in extremely outnumbered odds with little recourse for other options, which, personally have become a lot more frequent when I have had the time to play. I still haven't adapted to those circumstances and really don't care to as I never really have anyway.

Comes down to the question 'Where's the fun when everything is handed to you on a platter?'.
    I have to agree with this. Sometimes it is very fun (usually when massively outnumbered) to be a god but it gets very boring after awhile. Its the reason I go glass cannon build solo in moors (though I will admit I do often group with 2 - 3 others) When OPs are balanced pretty much every fight against a skilled creep ends up in a double kb for me now. But if you want to try true god mode (and I have done this when freepside was really outnumbered) get a RK healer or two and a captain while in glass cannon spec. The healers and captain mean that you can become an un-killable death ray and if you include spear lords set take down healers easy unless they are really heal stacked (which is still possible just requires a bit of luck with criticals.

I find it very amusing you're seriously nerfing yourself.. It just like: look at meee, I'm so good, I need a nerf! O well.. I got to learn much.

Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    I find it very amusing you're seriously nerfing yourself.. It just like: look at meee, I'm so good, I need a nerf! O well.. I got to learn much.
    No,its more like : Look at my class! Turbine broke balance,they wont fix it,so if i want "fair" fights i gotta make them happen by doing something like this..

Fair was used in lack of another more fitting term,but i think everyone knows what im trying to say ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Cillion View Post
    No,its more like : Look at my class! Turbine broke balance,they wont fix it,so if i want "fair" fights i gotta make them happen by doing something like this..

Fair was used in lack of another more fitting term,but i think everyone knows what im trying to say ^^
    ^^Largely this. I've seen you express quite proudly how you don't use heals in 1v1s with the top creeps on your server. How is me saying that I DO use heals, but limit myself in other ways fundamentally different from this? We're both putting limitations on our class for the sake of a more challenging experience in the moors, you through skill options, me more through gear options.

Perhaps this wasn't the right thread to 'show off' my build, but my intention was not:

it was to back up previous statements I've made about how out of balance I think the class is in the moors. I apologize if you or others think I come here to brag about my abilities, this really isn't remotely my intention. I do think I am a better player than many who come to the 'moors, but without question there are plenty of players who are better than me, and I am certainly not that good.

Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    ^^Largely this. I've seen you express quite proudly how you don't use heals in 1v1s with the top creeps on your server. How is me saying that I DO use heals, but limit myself in other ways fundamentally different from this?
    First of all, if I did this, it would be to show what a Spear warden is capable of, and not to show how good I am (because I'm not). Secondly, I don't think it's any different. I just find it funny.

I find it very amusing you're seriously nerfing yourself.. It just like: look at meee, I'm so good, I need a nerf!
    First of all, if I did this, it would be to show what a Spear warden is capable of, and not to show how good I am (because I'm not).
    ./Sigh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2