We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Fires of Smaug Bugged Valves?

I'll apologize in advance if this is a repost but it's been on my mind.

In the raid "The Fires of Smaug" my kin (as well as others) are running into an issue where a few members of our raid will see the vales open at different rates.

I.E. I will see the valve open by one click while another raider right next to me will see it as completely open.

This makes time management very hard to do and makes the fight harder overall. Obviously this UI is not working as intended, if we're not the only one seeing this issue.

Regarding this problem I have two questions:
    Is anyone else experiencing this bug?
    And are the devs working on a fix to this bug?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000024cec6/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by mavemasta View Post
    I'll apologize in advance if this is a repost but it's been on my mind.

In the raid "The Fires of Smaug" my kin (as well as others) are running into an issue where a few members of our raid will see the vales open at different rates.

I.E. I will see the valve open by one click while another raider right next to me will see it as completely open.

This makes time management very hard to do and makes the fight harder overall. Obviously this UI is not working as intended, if we're not the only one seeing this issue.

Regarding this problem I have two questions:
    Is anyone else experiencing this bug?
    And are the devs working on a fix to this bug?
    I had not previously heard of this bug before and cannot say if turbine is aware of it or doing any work to fixing it at this time. However, last night while running t2 smaug and working on completing challenge (we did manage it on our 3rd attempt, yay) 2 of the 4 people we had maintaining the valves closed (thankfully on opposite sides) had the valves visually bug on them to show it at 3 open for the entirety of the fight, initially causing concern about closing them and occasionally sending extra people over needlessly if they forgot it was bugged at a given time.

I have no idea what caused this, but if encountered by someone assigned to valves simply have that person make sure they get the buff for using the valves and have someone without the bug calling out to verify the valve is fully closed for you. It's a management technique but certainly not a fix.
    Eilinel, Bejaren- 85 Hunters
    Lienric-85 Warden
    Ilenwyn-85 Mini
    Gerlendad- 85 Burg

yeah, this usually happens to 1 or 2 people in our raid group every time we run it, and always causes quite a stir of confusion when someone is calling out for extra people to help on a valve and their partner is disagreeing with them. I think our group understands the mechanic enough now, that we can usually tell if it goes bugged for someone because they will call it as fully open or some such when there clearly hasn't been enough time for it to have gotten that far yet. Best bet to let the devs know and have them fix it is probably to have the whole raid file bug reports after every run when someone is bugged.

Yup, this is very annoying. At least one of the valves on my side has bugged for me every single time we've done Smaug, whilst some people always see them correctly. I can't for the life of me work out what causes it.
    Eraelin | Redemnus

We were also having this problem a few times.

For us, it happened mostly after the first fire tender was down, sometimes it hadnt pass enough time to open valves completely so some would see it correctly but.. and this is what's weird, others would see them completely open in spite of not being the truth

To fix this, we have decided to have all 5levels of each valve pressed everytime after we killed tenders and i think bug disappareared for erveryone since we do it like this - still quite a bit of time left when cm is finished.
    Elunwe Minstrel | Elunduil Hunter | Ellirin Champion | Micolo Burz |

We had this in a run today.

Very frustrating, especially considering 1 of the 3 raids is unavailable and we had to wait so long to run them at all
    [SIZE=3]NO SLEEP 'TILL MORDOR!![/SIZE]

Thank you everyone for responding, please continue to post if you continue to experience this issue. I'll go back in game and file an official bug report now that I know more people are experiencing this bug (we already did but I'll do another).

I'm still curious to hear from a dev to see if this is a known issue.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000024cec6/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Same here.
    It's quite annoying since it's the main feature of this fight.
    Usually happens for us after a firetender spawn, and usually on the left side, top valve.
    But if you close the valve before killing the firetender, the valve should be on 0, or 1 if you spent more than 90 seconds.
    Sometime looking at the dragon mouth at the end of the duct you can see the mouth fully closed, and even if the indicator says that is open, the mouth usually says the truth.
    [CENTER][B]Commander Almeric[/B][I]
    Captain - Furia Italiana[/I]
    [B]Chieftain Almenakh
    [/B][I] Warg - Black Guard[/I]
    [/CENTER]

The display seems to bug when you stop pulling levers or step away to help with firetenders (even when someone else is definitely still pulling).

Staying on levers the whole time and/or bringing the whole fellowship when needed does minimize the issue.
    Beastwise, Captain, R15 | Gladden | Shock and Awe
    Original Challenger of Saruman
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

This bugs when leave your side usually, either by going to a fire-tender or switching sides. Your valve will show higher then it actually is, therefore you always want to go with the lowest value seen by a raid member.
    Windfola:
    Bretela LVL 100 Warden Gwaithol LVL 100 Hunter Brilliance LVL 86+ LM
    Mac User, Raider

You could also look physically at the pipe. If the dragon's mouth is open, you still have to use the valve to close it.
    Melliot - Hobbit Hunter and many alts :)

Quote Originally Posted by AlmericITA View Post
    Sometime looking at the dragon mouth at the end of the duct you can see the mouth fully closed, and even if the indicator says that is open, the mouth usually says the truth.
    Agreed. Watching for the mouth being closed is the most accurate state of the valve.
    Server: Landroval

Main: Hirawyn/Mini ~ Hirra/RK ~ Rochir/Capt ~ Aerider/Hunter ~ Ararian/LM

There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. Einstein

Nope, that bugs too. On occasions I have seen a fully open graphic & 4 notches on the indicator when the valve is in fact completely closed.
    Eraelin | Redemnus

I'm trying hard to remember if any valve ever bugged *other* than the top valve on the left side as you enter. If others have bugged, that particular valve does seem to do it much more often than any other.

It also seems to bug for the same people pretty consistently.

The fact that people are still able to do T2C even with the bug present means that it probably isn't due for a fix any time soon.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000019dccb/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Ulver - 85 Runekeeper | Grevling - 85 Burglar

I always seem to notice it bugging if I am not far enough away from the fire tender when he dies, and it's mostly melee classes that have it bugged, ranged and healers have only had it when they have been relatively close for whatever reason. I am usually the only melee that doesn't get it cos I leg it when he is on about 10k to see if I avoid it since I am usually calling one side, and so far I have only had it bug once when I forgot to run.

I have seen the mouth bug also, can't remember what caused it though, think I had used it when it was bugged but shut and it pinged open.

It is very annoying, but usually there are enough people able to see it unbugged that we can work around it, we just assume if 2 people see it at different values then the lower one is usually correct!

A friend of mine told me that in his testing it appears that the person who sees the valve as "the most closed" is correct. So if you've got two people standing there and one guy sees it as closed and the other sees it as needing 5 clicks, the valve is closed.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000019dccb/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Ulver - 85 Runekeeper | Grevling - 85 Burglar

I think it might be due to the fire tender bumping up the morale of the grim which then gets DPSed down again past the 5% threshold again.

For example, Grim gets to 75% valves open +2, you close them then kill the adds and fire tender. In the mean time the fire tender has healed the grim to 81%. As you then DPS it down past 80% the graphics incorrectly show the valve is open +2 when actually is is still closed, same again at 75%. By the time the DPS get it to 70% when it actually opens the graphics might incorrectly show its fully open.

We avoid this by closing 2 valves at 80%, then not closing at 75%, instead we kill the fire tender and adds, then all 5 close bottom and top (as you do at the start of the instance) which sorts out the graphics glitch.
    Lose = To suffer defeat or fail to win.
    Loose = Not tight or released from a fastening or attachment.

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2221900000017d924/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

This bugs for us on the levers. It's usually the top levers, but once someone has had it, they also seem to have it on all. I believe it is about being close to Tender when he dies relative to what the Grim has been healed.

I have bugged it as well.

Looking at the actual valve doesn't matter either. That bugs and in fact will open more sometime when you click it as an animation even though it closes it a notch for real.

25 minutes in this fight and seeing this routinely as a key mechnaic for CM is very annoying to a player/customer.
    TheInklingsKin.com

Quote Originally Posted by JTollers View Post
    This bugs for us on the levers. It's usually the top levers, but once someone has had it, they also seem to have it on all. I believe it is about being close to Tender when he dies relative to what the Grim has been healed.

I have bugged it as well.

Looking at the actual valve doesn't matter either. That bugs and in fact will open more sometime when you click it as an animation even though it closes it a notch for real.

25 minutes in this fight and seeing this routinely as a key mechnaic for CM is very annoying to a player/customer.
    Yes consistently buggy but we never look at/trust the valves any more.
    you can work past it completely if you follow the mechanics of the valves.
    Don't trust the value, instead trust the percentage ticks and coordinate around the 90 second cooldowns and you can don't need to see them.

Still it would be nice if it were fixed to help out pugs or less organized groups.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000b1e1a/signature.png]Kangas[/charsig]
    [URL="http://helmsdeep.guildportal.com"]Helm's Deep[/URL] Kangas-Captain Kangdoom-Champ Furtive-Burg Wildlife-Hunter