We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Press Onward: Make it better

I think it would be a improvement to the hunter survivablity if Press Onward would be faster. I dont see why it shouldn't be a faster skill, the morale restored by Press Onward is also not much but enough to help the Hunter and not to be overpowered (My PO restores like 2-3k morale).

How about making Press Onward instead of a 4 second induction, a instant cast like Intent Concentration. You have to stand still to use it, but it will not have a 4 second induction.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbit View Post
    You have to stand still to use itThoughts?
    No thanks, too many skills root us. Enough is enough, we need a more dynamic gameplay.

Plus, it's a "Press onward" skill, Not a "Stay there doing nothing like a tree" skill.
    Hunter-Estel
    Member of the 2013 Lotro Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Aestiliat View Post
    No thanks, too many skills root us. Enough is enough, we need a more dynamic gameplay.

Plus, it's a "Press onward" skill, Not a "Stay there doing nothing like a tree" skill.
    You already have to stand still to use it anyway, but i'm suggesting it should be like Instant concentration... You "Press Onward" with doing a 4 second induction?

Smile Get rid of induction

I agree that hunters don't have enough non - induction skills, and that making this skill instant would help make combat more dynamic.

There has been much discussion about improving press onward on these forums and there exists an overwhelming consensus with the belief that it should be scaled and instant cast. If it doesn't appear in the upcoming class alterations that have been discussed on the twitter chat, then I'm doubtful it will be introduced at all.

Couldn't agree more. In fact, I don't even bother with Press Onward, never have since they took it down from the fixed +3000 morale/power gain. I'd rather use that legendary trait slot on something much more important. I also agree that hunters should be more deadly "on the move", since that's trademark hunter style. We can't do anything without remaining still and it's a complete liability. The upside to this is the war-steed, however. There are little to no shortcomings there... If we can solo Bugud, I'm not worried about it.

But it's already been stated that the devs are working on the hunter class, so I'm really hopeful because this has been going on for awhile. The hunter is in desperate need of a good amount of TLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooule View Post
    Couldn't agree more. In fact, I don't even bother with Press Onward, never have since they took it down from the fixed +3000 morale/power gain. I'd rather use that legendary trait slot on something much more important. I also agree that hunters should be more deadly "on the move", since that's trademark hunter style. We can't do anything without remaining still and it's a complete liability. The upside to this is the war-steed, however. There are little to no shortcomings there... If we can solo Bugud, I'm not worried about it.

But it's already been stated that the devs are working on the hunter class, so I'm really hopeful because this has been going on for awhile. The hunter is in desperate need of a good amount of TLC.
    The trouble is, with the ongoing Fate/ICPR shambles I find that is traited for DPS I need Press Onward for its power top up (on top of popping pots, ISOE etc etc) for long combats without a chance for OCPR to kick in. It needs to be given a decent, instant return or be made to be usable on the move if not instant.

I really hope something good is coming but as this is all going on in the context of imposing a tree skills system on all classes, I can't bring myself to believe. I want to be proven wrong but I'm dreading what this completely unasked for redesign will do to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooule View Post
    you are so optimistic... I'm rather afraid of upcoming changes and have only dark expectations

re: Press Onward: Make it better

Hello,

I think an issue the developers might have by making 'Press Onward' an instant cast is a hunter may pair the heal with 'Strength of Morale,' giving the man hunter an extreme morale heal in the moors or any other damage receiving situation.

None-the-less, from what I hear, you can use 'Hobbit-silence' and 'Desperate Flight' to enable 'Desperate Flight' in the moors. Given, of-course, you are a hobbit.

While the cooldowns prevent any of these 'tricks' from happening often, some payers 1v1ing may choose fights accordingly.

Personally, I don't think it is an issue giving hunters instant PO, even if the man hunter may heal 4-6k morale instantly (some hunters, who are glass cannons, might have nearing 6k morale anyways!).

Hope this adds to the discussion.
    Iberg, hunter
    Missxu

Press Onward definitely needs a revamp. But also as someone else on here stated there has been much discussion about it.

There have been many different forum threads about PO in the past 6 months at least, and the discussion is ongoing. Many people (me included) have been pushing for a revamp but unfortunately it has yet to happen. I would say my position regarding this matter but I have on many other Hunter threads here, and it would just be a waste of my time. Let's just hope this new "Hunter Dev" hears our calls.

Quote Originally Posted by Justanother View Post
    you are so optimistic... I'm rather afraid of upcoming changes and have only dark expectations
    Unfortunately, yeah, I tend to be a bit of an optimist I also have my doubts/worries about it, but there's been more of an out-cry about hunters as of late... And maybe it's my naïveté, but I have a feeling the devs will listen. Hunters are becoming so grossly obsolete in comparison to wardens and burgs, and I don't think there's any other class hurting more than hunters. I love the class enough that I don't want to believe we're going to get nerfed even further. I just feel like its our time, you know? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kongas View Post
    The trouble is, with the ongoing Fate/ICPR shambles I find that is traited for DPS I need Press Onward for its power top up (on top of popping pots, ISOE etc etc) for long combats without a chance for OCPR to kick in. It needs to be given a decent, instant return or be made to be usable on the move if not instant.

I really hope something good is coming but as this is all going on in the context of imposing a tree skills system on all classes, I can't bring myself to believe. I want to be proven wrong but I'm dreading what this completely unasked for redesign will do to us.
    I understand, but I still don't see the power drain that you must be experiencing. I have Deep Concentration traited to restore power, and I have my melee skills also traited to reduce power cost and decrease cool down time. So I find that I can easily resort to melee when I need to focus on building more power. Bow of the Righteous also helps, as small as the power return is. When I find I'm really desperate for power (and soloing or have aggro in an instance) I knock out/trap mobs and use Strength of the Earth.. None of these methods bring power back to 100%, but they boost power intermittently to keep the hunter fighting. Power pots also come in handy, and while they're on cool down, all of these methods are adequate substitutes.

I agree that power drain is still a problem, but its manageable.
    Last edited by Sooule; Apr 24 2013 at 12:09 PM.