We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Idea for replacing Uruk Heal

Atleast for Warleader...

I say get rid of Uruk Heal as a racial skill.. it's pretty worthless now.

Instead, give Warleader a "champ bubble" of sorts... 4k health bubble + a -50% incoming dmg buff for 10 seconds. put it on a 5 or 10 minute cooldown.

oh and make PvE earned jewellery unusable in the moors, and moors jewellery unusable in PvE land.

i'm privately protesting the moors on my warleader for now... I worked my way to a zero rating, and so now, when I get killed, nobody gets any renown. and i'll keep it like that until balance comes to the moors.
    Rank 10 Hunter, Rank 9 Warleader, Rank 8 Weaver, Rank 7 Reaver, Rank 6 Guardian, Rank 6 Warg, Rank 5 Lore-master, Rank 5 Blackarrow, Rank 4 Champion, Rank 3 Reaver, Rank 2 Rune-keeper, just to name a few.

Good luck with your protesting, although I doubt it will make turbine listen to the creep community.

What about BAs? They're Uruks, too, lol. I don't really play any Uruk toons (I have a r4 wl, lol), but I've not really heard many complaints about the skill (other than the CD). Though bubbles are always nice

Side note... I giggled a little at the last part of your post. I mean no offense but I thought it was funny your creep has a 0 rating and your freep a 2k, lol. Extremes, ftw? Haha.

Rather than add more bubbles/heals to the moors, I'd rather they tone it down a little.

And on a BA, uruk-heal is so-so. One self-heal does nothing against most freep classes, all of which have multiple such options.

Not a bad idea, except, Uruk Heal is used for more than just self-healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Menathradon View Post
    i'm privately protesting the moors on my warleader for now... I worked my way to a zero rating, and so now, when I get killed, nobody gets any renown. and i'll keep it like that until balance comes to the moors.
    Renown is not based on rating, and hasn't been since Rohan release. Everyone will get renown from you.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofHermes View Post
    Renown is not based on rating, and hasn't been since Rohan release. Everyone will get renown from you.
    I believe this is the case. They have multipliers based on rank, and rating is rather meaningless. A vestige of the past.

I like the uruk heal...and if you ask me, much better than a useless man heal with a 1hr cd that "roots" you in place while you use it. Always laugh when I see someone man heal in the moors, hilarious.
    Last edited by fulred; Mar 31 2013 at 01:42 AM.

Then how come people weren't getting renown from me at all when I got the zero rating... They didn't get anything.
    Rank 10 Hunter, Rank 9 Warleader, Rank 8 Weaver, Rank 7 Reaver, Rank 6 Guardian, Rank 6 Warg, Rank 5 Lore-master, Rank 5 Blackarrow, Rank 4 Champion, Rank 3 Reaver, Rank 2 Rune-keeper, just to name a few.

Quote Originally Posted by fulred View Post
    I like the uruk heal...and if you ask me, much better than a useless man heal with a 1hr cd that "roots" you in place while you use it. Always laugh when I see someone man heal in the moors, hilarious.
    As usual someone talks about ideas for improving Uruk Heal and some freep brings up man heal and how it sucks comparatively.

Anyways I think the size of the heal of Uruk Heal should be doubled.
    Rank 15 Blackarrow HinderSpam
    55,000 Killing Blows and Counting

Odd. Why the complaint about mean heal?
    Most freep classes, that aren't even healer classes, have rather crazy self heals outside manheal.

Renown is infact still based on rating, try killing a 0 rating versus a 2000 rating, you'll see a massive difference in gain, regardless of what the Devs said.

On topic, don't like the idea; love uruk heal as is.

/unsigned

Quote Originally Posted by Exion_Blade View Post
    Odd. Why the complaint about mean heal?
    Most freep classes, that aren't even healer classes, have rather crazy self heals outside manheal.
    Basically freeps complain about it because it's called "A racial"
    A man heal is a self-heal, uruk is 6-target AOE
    Man-heal is 1H cooldown uruk heal is 3M cooldown.

However none of the above made things unbalanced.
    It's all because of the name, nothing more, if it were called a class skill they wouldn't whine about it nowhere near as much

@Mena

I agree, to allow more balance to reach the moors adding audacity to moors-only jewellery should control the PVP balance much more.
    Besides the power changes freeps didn't get revamped(yet) they just got given epic-PVE-earned gear which is by far overpowered in PVP.
    Turbine did a smart move by adding PVP gear needed to stand a chance out there, making sure they could control what goes in the moors independent of what is available in PVE-land.

I think balance can return, i don't think turbine cares as much to do it fast, most likely we're looking at probably up to half a year waiting, probably just before the elder scrolls online comes out(or just after)

Ex

I'd say Uruk Heal is in a perfect spot. The only issue I have with it is that it's a fast skill and takes 2 seconds to fire off unless followed by an immediate skill.

Not to say I wouldn't gladly take a increase in its heal but no where near double. That would be dumb.
    Kilganon R11 Champion/Galmielwing-r12 Warg/ Tacky R11 Mini(Retired/Defeated by grind)

I swear creeps won't be happy unless they can rank from 1 to 10 in a month of gv camps.

Oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Mrblowitbytheoz View Post
    I swear creeps won't be happy unless they can rank from 1 to 10 in a month of gv camps.

Oh wait...
    I remember a large many of the freeps on my server shot up from blue ranks to purple ranks or r0's to green ranks during ROI.
    As of right now, new and previously unseen (noob) freeps are already blue ranks (R6+), and u10 has been out how long?
    Lets not forget the fact that freepside ranks are no longer meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Menathradon View Post
    Then how come people weren't getting renown from me at all when I got the zero rating... They didn't get anything.
    The more you kill the same person within a certain time span (of 10m I believe?), the less renown/infamy you get from said person. It can hit 0 after several kills.

Uruk heal is fine as it is, but honestly, both are not that strong. I would give my preference to man heal, since only impale gets close to the heal, rather than a Penetrating Shot that does equal damage as uruk heal heals us.

Tuning it slightly with an additional buff maybe could be cool, uruk heal remains a group heal which is very handy for panic saving someone when the defilers/warleaders can't manage.

Or ninja healing some person and use uruk heal to get up, also a winner

Shortly, no reason to nerf it after SoM, where it was slightly OP. Now it's a minor heal, yet better than nothing at least, in a 1v1 situation on Blackarrow mainly.