We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Lottery

Lottery

Is the lottery broken, I las won something on the 13th of March, I normally havea better success rate and I notice there was none today?

Quite a bit of discussion about this in the lottery forum.

http://forums.lotro.com/forumdisplay...ite-Discussion

Just thought I'd share.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...ust-unlucky...

Yay! Lotteries back tomorrow!

eh!....new community site? When can we expect this?
    [color=purple]Cefely Elenhilde of Rivendell, lvl 85 Hunter;[/color][color=turquoise] Nenriel Lirulind of Lorien, lvl 85 Minstrel;[/color][color=hotpink] Cherrie Berry of the Fallohides, lvl 85 Burglar;[/color][color=green] Harloe Palohelm of Rohan, lvl 85 Warden;[/color][color=red] Ayan Anfalase of Gondor, lvl 85 Captain;[/color][color=yellow] Onja Anfalase of Gondor, lvl 83 Champion[/color]
    [color=cyan]Leader of founding Kinship Elenhilde on Meneldor[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by Cefely View Post
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...ust-unlucky...

Yay! Lotteries back tomorrow!

eh!....new community site? When can we expect this?
    According to Sapience if everything goes as planned should have it some time in May.

Quote Originally Posted by Eartholloth View Post
    According to Sapience if everything goes as planned should have it some time in May.
    I don't believe it! Do you have a source?

edit: does this include new forums as well?
    [color=purple]Cefely Elenhilde of Rivendell, lvl 85 Hunter;[/color][color=turquoise] Nenriel Lirulind of Lorien, lvl 85 Minstrel;[/color][color=hotpink] Cherrie Berry of the Fallohides, lvl 85 Burglar;[/color][color=green] Harloe Palohelm of Rohan, lvl 85 Warden;[/color][color=red] Ayan Anfalase of Gondor, lvl 85 Captain;[/color][color=yellow] Onja Anfalase of Gondor, lvl 83 Champion[/color]
    [color=cyan]Leader of founding Kinship Elenhilde on Meneldor[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by Cefely View Post
    I don't believe it! Do you have a source?

edit: does this include new forums as well?
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...32#post6727432

Quote Originally Posted by Lobengulu View Post
    Is the lottery broken, I las won something on the 13th of March, I normally havea better success rate and I notice there was none today?
    As to you odds of winning: they depend on:
    - how many players on your server have entered the particular lottery
    - how high the number of winners is set by Sapience for that particular lottery

It's a raffle system, meaning a lottery is created for a selection of players from a server (for example anyone level 10-20 or hunters level 10-85) and a fixed number of winners is tied to the lottery, for example 100. Now if only 100 characters are entered into a lottery with 100 winners, everybody wins! But if 1.000 characters are entered into a lottery with 10 winners, you odds are down to 1%.

It is my personal opinion that
    a) the lottery has become more popular meaning more unique individuals entering their characters into it
    b) over time each unique individual enters more of their alts into it
    Effects a+b mean over time there is a gradual increase of numbers of characters entered into each lottery. And a gradual decrease of you chances of winning.

And then there's effect c): we don't know about the tweaks Sapience gives the numbers of winners. All I do know is that he tweaks, because he knows about effects a+b and wants to keep some control over the odds at winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Eartholloth View Post
    Beta V2.0?
    [center][url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?18699-How-to-get-help-on-the-Tech-Forums-and-how-to-contact-Turbine][color=gold]How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine[/color][/url]

[color=green]Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.[/color][/center]

Doing better than me. Last time I won was in October.

Quote Originally Posted by WBS View Post
    Beta V2.0?
    As long as we don't go backwards and end up with a forum in Alpha

Personally very happy to see the lotto back. I have won some nice stuff over the years and always miss it when it is missing for awhile.

In fact one of the reasons I have some many high level alts is because the really good stuff is for those toons. Made me get my alts to cap during RoI and trying to continue that in RoR.
    I wonder what IS behind that waterfall?
    The Player Council knows!

Lottery is up for 31 March