We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Talking Do Hunters get Self Heals?

I really want to know if hunters get some good self heals soooo i can stay alive as well as do lots of ranged DPS if there are self heals i would like to know the Name and Level of the self heal i want to know this because i have been beating a Runekeeper until this one spar when he completely DESTROYED me soooo i want to know if i can damage him and heal myself to stay alive longer sooo i can start beating this Runekeeper again like i used too and also Self Heals will help in tight fights and that is another reason why i really want to know this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Roxygingerz101 View Post
    I really want to know if hunters get some good self heals soooo i can stay alive as well as do lots of ranged DPS if there are self heals i would like to know the Name and Level of the self heal i want to know this because i have been beating a Runekeeper until this one spar when he completely DESTROYED me soooo i want to know if i can damage him and heal myself to stay alive longer sooo i can start beating this Runekeeper again like i used too and also Self Heals will help in tight fights and that is another reason why i really want to know this stuff
    We get Agile Rejoinder which involves being within melee range of a mob. It's a small heal over time.
    We also get Cry of the Hunter which is a morale bubble among other things but it's not a heal.

Oh, you can also trait Press Onward which has an induction
    There's also a channeled heal you can use with Strength of the Earth (and a legacy)

That's it. None of them are anything like what Champs get.
    Last edited by ChromiteSwiftpaw; Mar 26 2013 at 08:00 PM.
    Chromite (Hunter) - Grumbletocks (Guardian) on Landroval, Appendage (Hunter) on Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    We get Agile Rejoinder which involves being within melee range of a mob. It's a small heal over time.
    We also get Cry of the Hunter which is a morale bubble among other things but it's not a heal.

Oh, you can also trait Press Onward which has an induction
    There's also a channeled heal you can use with Strength of the Earth (and a legacy)

That's it. None of them are anything like what Champs get.
    And one final thing added with the recent update which is entirely up to your playstyle, is the 'Sunbrand Huntsman's Ring of Rohan' which has a chance to activate a short heal over time when you are hit. This item combined with the agile rejoinder heal works quite nicely, but it is still quite a small value, as both together will still only get you about 450 morale every 3s.
    [center]Superior Grand Master Spectator of Wall-Paint Drying[/center]

That's hell of a long sentence. Please use punctuation.

Here's a link with all information about Hunters. http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Hunter As you can read there, you will be able to train Agile Rejoinder at level 24.

whats this Ring of Rohan about?

What level do you get it at and where do you get it?

the ring is level 85 and is gotten from the jewelry barter vendor in all major rohan cities. Frankly , the best heal hunters have atm is the heal pot. I recommend carrying a full stack if you can. If you want to survive against landscape mobs I recommend using traps and cc to keep multiple mobs at bay. I also recommend getting the virtues that give mitigations (innocence,compassion,charity, tolerance, fidelity,zeal) and level them as high as you can. By 75 if you can get 7k physical and 4k tactical mitigation you will live alot longer. This can be done through getting at least level 10 in 5 of those virtues. If you are at least 48 you should have a skill called dazing blow, this is your best friend use it on any mob the moment you need some space. At 58 you will get distraction shot this is like a remote trap use it to stun one mob then switch to the other while a 3rd get stuck in a trap and 3 mobs won't be an issue at all.
    Welleg - brandywine, Kelleg/Gelleg - Landroval
    WARNING: leveling a warden may cause you to neglect your other characters.

Press Onward the self heal mentioned is a legendary skill with a big induction and the amount healed has not been scaled since introduction. Therefore when first earnt it will heal maybe 60% plus of your health bar, as you level up, get better Vit gear etc. it becomes less and less useful. See make press onward inductionless in this forum for more info on what hunters feel about this skill.

The Cry of the Hunter is an level 83 skill and is also not well received. See the lotro wiki link above for more info.

Agile rejoiner is ok, its just small and over time but is useful even though its a parry responce.

Tolkien's bane players can be very good (RK's) due to the nature of thier class, never sparred or PvP'ed so cant give you much advise there really except if they start DPS on you they lose "attunement" with their healing skills and so will take a while to switch to powerful self heals and back again to DPS on you. I suspect the knack is getting them down quick and the battle will probably swing in their favour the longer you go.
    Elendilmir - 95 Hunter Berenthalion - 80ish Burg Berendybuck - baby warden Berenion.

Worst Reaver on the server BerendyBash - R4

Quote Originally Posted by Eldarian_Grace View Post
    Press Onward the self heal mentioned is a legendary skill with a big induction and the amount healed has not been scaled since introduction. Therefore when first earnt it will heal maybe 60% plus of your health bar, as you level up, get better Vit gear etc. it becomes less and less useful. See make press onward inductionless in this forum for more info on what hunters feel about this skill.
    iirc, it was briefly altered so it scaled, but it was apparently "too powerful" and has undergone nothing but nerfs since. The latest being to the power return.

Honestly Agile Rejoinder is a hunters "best" self-heal type skill. And it's much better than it used to be. Best bet is to trait for survival (+vit, +mits) while leveling and look into slotting the inc. healing setting in one (of both) of your LIs when you get them. You'll see a much improved difference in your self heals when you do get them off. Once you get closer to cap, you can reasses your setup based on tricks you've learned along the way.

Lastly, I wouldn't be worried about matching up against a rk. Lotro has no open world PvP or scenario where you'd find yourself fighting against another freep class (except the odd spar, but I don't believe many are concerned with those).
    [center][color=#CC3300]Lieutenant Sersi Niflhel[/color] [color=#666699]· [i]Retired[/i][/color]
    [color=#993333]"I will give you no quarter, and I will take none."[/color][/center]

or roll a as a man

man heals ftw.

and the extra inc. heals ofc.

i mean..not like you could parry lightning or fire anyway...

or manage to get press onward before you get roflstomped.
    [center][color=cyan]Fellowship Hadacar: I now have a mental image of a little pea with a NE Patriot's logo painted on it.[/color][/center]
    [center][img]http://bit.ly/1Oq7Mgg[/img][/center]
    [center]From Dwarrowdelf to Arkenstone | [color=red]Asylum | No-QQ[/color][/center]

Agile Rejoiner is a not bad self heal if you have the legacy on your melee LI. Although getting a parry response can be quite annoying sometimes (helps if you use Swift Stroke with the +whatever parry rating)

Press Onward is an Okay self heal. It got nerfed with U10 (or U9, don't remember), which made it a little more difficult if you're using it in the middle of a fight. It also has a somewhat long induction (4s) which again makes it a little difficult especially if you're taking a beating.

Strength of the Earth just isn't worth it in my opinion. Even if you have the legacy (there also might be a trait for it, don't remember off-hand), it still gives minimal morale and power. It is a channel skill, which I like, but the regen just isn't enough :/
    [Jonp - Rank 11 Hunter] [Garaluk - Rank 9 Reaver]

The heals a hunter has can get annoying. Agile rejoiner is a nice heal, but requires you to parry an attack. So this is useless against tactical attacks. And if you do get a parry response it requires you to have to run up to your target when a hunter usually wants to keep a good distance for both safety and because our bow auto attacks are greater than melee auto attacks. And then there are the other heals. They are all either a long induction or channel skill which not only requires you to be rooted, but also impacts the amount of damage you can do. These can save your life though in certain circumstances. The only clicky that we get(Cry of the Hunter) is at lvl 83 but its not so much a heal as it is temporary morale that will be gone as soon as the timer on it expires. I'd like to see some of our other heals magnitude increase to match higher levels as well as become a clicky and not a long induction.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000024b89b/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [color=blue][I]Nasbuira[/I][/color] 85 Warden
    [color=blue][I]Helnuir[/I][/color] 81 Hunter

endurance stance

if you use quick shot in endurance stance you can regain a small amount of moral
    "All that glitters, is not gold".

Hunter: Dragonfang, Wardon: Flamefang, Beoring:Swordfang,
    all in Eldar

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    We also get Cry of the Hunter which is a morale bubble among other things but it's not a heal..
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldarian_Grace View Post
    The Cry of the Hunter is an level 83 skill and is also not well received.
    I actually use Cry of the Hunter strictly for its multi-mob stun and not the temporary morale, because the stun is more useful than the bubble. I'll get 3 mobs on me, hit the Cry, then burn down one mob and sometimes half the next, all before they wake up.
    For heals, I either stick with pots or, depending on which trait build I am using at the time, I'll hit one of my stuns (Cry of the Hunter, Distracting Shot or Dazing Blow) or fear (Bard's Arrow) then Press Onward or Strength of the Earth.
    Andirien, Adanarien, Asina and Angraroth on Nimrodel
    Saelarwen on Elendilmir
    Adirien on Brandywine

Cooldown of Press Onward can be reduced from 2 mins to 30 secs with legendary legacy. It's great, especially on lower levels. It's getting less and less efficient when you leveling up, but it is very helpful when you have about 5000-6000 morale, it heals almost 50% of it then. It also gives o lot of power about 1000 on my level, 80. There is skill which makes Press Onward more efficient, by 15% on max rank. Right now on 80 level I'm playing with Huntsman build + Heart Seeker and Press Onward from Bowmaster build and with maxed legacy Press Onward Cooldown and it's very helpful. Good healing on hard small fellowship or fellowship quests when doing them solo (those which are hardly but able to be done solo, some are simply too hard for soloing), and also nice amount of power every 30 secs when killing o lot of mobs, in some camps, caves and other places when there is a lot of mobs and power ends quickly. I don't know how it all works on higher levels, on level cap, but I started to use it when I was about 65 level and I'm still using it on level 80 and it's very helpful. It's not the greatest healing in the game, but for character who is meant to fight from distance and not a healer, it's very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Unthariel View Post
    Cooldown of Press Onward can be reduced from 2 mins to 30 secs with legendary legacy. It's great, especially on lower levels. It's getting less and less efficient when you leveling up, but it is very helpful when you have about 5000-6000 morale, it heals almost 50% of it then. It also gives o lot of power about 1000 on my level, 80. There is skill which makes Press Onward more efficient, by 15% on max rank. Right now on 80 level I'm playing with Huntsman build + Heart Seeker and Press Onward from Bowmaster build and with maxed legacy Press Onward Cooldown and it's very helpful. Good healing on hard small fellowship or fellowship quests when doing them solo (those which are hardly but able to be done solo, some are simply too hard for soloing), and also nice amount of power every 30 secs when killing o lot of mobs, in some camps, caves and other places when there is a lot of mobs and power ends quickly. I don't know how it all works on higher levels, on level cap, but I started to use it when I was about 65 level and I'm still using it on level 80 and it's very helpful. It's not the greatest healing in the game, but for character who is meant to fight from distance and not a healer, it's very good.
    QFT. Press Onward, with only 1 point in it, heals me 3594 morale every 30 seconds which is still very worthwhile at level 100. Then there's Endurance Quick Shot heal, the more chancy Blood Arrow crit heal, and for me Man-heal, as well as the hundreds of pots that drop. All in all I don't have any issues with the current state of hunter healing. Might be different in the moors where you can't wait for Press Onward to induct of course.

100s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Hrolfdan (MN), Aldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rumbold (BG): The little ones - Rumbelina (MN), Brai (RK)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), Snowbourn
    A Noob for All Seasons

Quote Originally Posted by Aedfrith View Post
    QFT. Press Onward, with only 1 point in it, heals me 3594 morale every 30 seconds which is still very worthwhile at level 100. Then there's Endurance Quick Shot heal, the more chancy Blood Arrow crit heal, and for me Man-heal, as well as the hundreds of pots that drop. All in all I don't have any issues with the current state of hunter healing. Might be different in the moors where you can't wait for Press Onward to induct of course.
    Hunters are in a bad place in the moors. Everything has an induction and can be interrupted. (Aka Wargs) I've tried every combination of trait lines I can, I'm rank 8 with 74 class points and all gold jewelry and 1st ages. Hunters can't live without a pocket healer. It's really bad. A r8 of any creep class can kick my butt any time. My captain is great, hunters are a challenge
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d000000130169/01008/signature.png]Skythrond[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by bcowan View Post
    Hunters are in a bad place in the moors. Everything has an induction and can be interrupted. (Aka Wargs) I've tried every combination of trait lines I can, I'm rank 8 with 74 class points and all gold jewelry and 1st ages. Hunters can't live without a pocket healer. It's really bad. A r8 of any creep class can kick my butt any time. My captain is great, hunters are a challenge
    This old thread has agile rejoinder...how I miss that skill.

*sigh*