We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Exclamation Game Error 34375292 - Permission Denied

Hi i keep getting the data files error and from reading other posts, i seen that a potential fix was: http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Mac_...single_machine

I did this, however when i did this in terminal i get the following:

s-MacBook-Air:~ A$ chmod -R ug+rwX </Applications>/LotroLauncher.app-bash: /LotroLauncher.app: Permission denied

Can anyone please help?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbey_Baggins View Post
    Hi i keep getting the data files error and from reading other posts, i seen that a potential fix was: http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Mac_...single_machine

I did this, however when i did this in terminal i get the following:

s-MacBook-Air:~ A$ chmod -R ug+rwX </Applications>/LotroLauncher.app-bash: /LotroLauncher.app: Permission denied
    I don't understand what you have pasted here... It makes no sense. It appears you have included extra characters.

The command should be:

chmod -R ug+rwX /Applications/LotroLauncher.app
    Bill Magill - Mac Player - Old Timers Guild- Gladden:

Partial cast
    Valamar: Dwarf Hunter - Level 100
    Valdicta: Dwarf Rune-keeper - Level 100
    Valanne: Beorning - Level 80

Quote Originally Posted by Valamar View Post
    I don't understand what you have pasted here... It makes no sense. It appears you have included extra characters.
    Everything after the first occurrence of "LotroLauncher.app" is the output of the command and should be on a separate line. It appears that the OP ran the command in an account that doesn't have ownership of the app bundle.