We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Gold

Gold

Creep gold used to be rather hard to get and at times was more valuable than freep gold.
    With ROI, however, it is ridiculous how much gold you get as a creep.
    So why not introduce better ways for creeps to use gold rather than simple pots or trackers
    1. Better, MUCH more expensive vendor options? (better be pricey)
    2. Ability to buy perks similar to those offered by DP? (not likely, as it would jeopardize the TP store)
    3. Transfer money to freep (however, might create more gold farmers)
    4. Auction house!?!
    5. Maybe buy maps? At prices like 100g for a good map.

Quote Originally Posted by fulred View Post
    Creep gold used to be rather hard to get and at times was more valuable than freep gold.
    So why not introduce better ways for creeps to use gold rather than simple pots or trackers
    2. Ability to buy perks similar to those offered by DP? (not likely, as it would jeopardize the TP store)
    4. Auction house!?!
    Why should Vendor items be much more expensive? Seriously? Why are the only pots we can buy with gold roughly the same as what the Freeps get as PvE drops or recipes they can make at what, level 50?

Why are most of our consumables purchased with Commendations (now), rather than with Gold as on Freep side?

Auction House would be nice, but there are so few things we can use coin for, that there's really not much of an economy.

Would love to see more uses for the coin though. I'm totally with you on that.
    Hobbits . . .
    Now them's good eatin'!

Creeps need banks! Plain and simple! With the amount of &&&& we get from killing npcs and freeps. They, the devs, should decrease the amount of money on the creep side or put up an aunction house, lol. I currently have like 90G from just killing npcs and questing. But seriously though, my bags are always full of Questable items, or better yet, put them in the Barter wallet for the next time the quest is available they become availabe to you!

Just my 2 cents, not like it really matters or anything. lol
    Silverlode:
    Freep: R8 Burglar - Langthain (Retired)
    Creeps: R8 Spider - Spidicense (Retired), R8 Warg - Bytez (Retired)

Quote Originally Posted by fulred View Post
    4. Auction house!?!
    There's no need to change vendor prices or reduce the drop rates of QS items to justify the large amounts of gold.That would make it even harder for new creeps anyway.
    Some QS items could be sold to vendors(things that you need to pick up for example,troll-stone etc) or some minor buffs could be introduced such as +3% runspeed, +2% comms gain that could be purchased with a moderate amount of gold.

And yes, we need banks and mail/shared storage.
    Last edited by Shadeslayer_withywindle; Mar 26 2013 at 04:46 PM.
    WL Shadebash Rank 8 DEF Shadecleanser Rank 8 BA Shadecrippler Rank 6 SPIDEY Shadenakh Rank 7 WARG Shadehowler Rank 7 RVR Shadeburz Rank 5

Gold is only worth what you can buy with it. On freep side I can sell 10 pieces of ore for 1g and then use that 1g to buy 20 pieces of wood. If you asked me how much 1g is worth I could tell you it is worth 10 piece of ore or 20 pieces of wood. As a result gold has value because we can agree. Ore, wood, weapons, symbols etc are all items that can be exchanged and we assume the gold we are given will buy any of those other things.

On creep side gold has no value because we only have 4 items worth buying but they are all rare items. So if you sold a lootbox for 100g there is no guarantee that you will ever see a sigil to buy. And why sell a sigil when all you can buy with it is a lootbox and what you hope to get out of a lootbox is a sigil. Basically we have too much gold and not enough items to back it up. In order for gold to mean anything on creepside we would need to get more items that people wanted that drop more often, which isn't a bad thing. I would love to see jewlery or armor in the moors to help balance things out.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000408fbc/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Something useful & fairly expensive to spend gold on creepside would indeed be nice. I have something like 400 gold on my reaver and I very rarely play it.
    Eraelin | Redemnus

Quote Originally Posted by Tarenius View Post
    Something useful & fairly expensive to spend gold on creepside would indeed be nice. I have something like 400 gold on my reaver and I very rarely play it.
    Exactly, that's what I meant when introducing a new, more expensive yet more useful item from vendor.

I currently have 1488g on my Defiler. It's stupid the amount of Gold we have but I do not think an increase in Vendor trade items is the best way to spend it. I already cash out a fair amount on Pots etc however I agree with changing the Armour/Evade/Resistance pots to vendor instead of Comms. Only problem then is the fact that there is nothing to spend Comms on either. I have 6 creeps and all have r13 Aud and all up to date skins, so what can we do with it?Banks and shared storage would be great, or even just a simple way of transferring money from one creep to another creep alt, without having to trade it to a friend, re-log and get it back. A simple mail system for example. I know it's been spoken about before and so on but there must be something the Devs can do?
    Last edited by Halaros; Mar 28 2013 at 06:19 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/202240100000a51c4/signature.png]Lungrash[/charsig]