We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Lightbulb Creep Class Items

If you didn't know freeps have new, very rare, gold class item that effect their skills. For example captains have an earring that increases their two arms duration by 4 seconds.

I would like to see this happen for creepside, at the very least via lootboxes. There would be a new type of sigil, that would then be used to barter for an 'augmented trait or skill'. Once you receive the trait or skill it will replace your current trait or skill with a better version.

So for example lets take the WL bubble. If you traded your new token in for the "new" WL bubble you now have a bubble that last 3seconds longer, or has a shorter cd etc. Another example would be to add a 15% chance on damaging skill x to give a self crit buff of X amount for 20 seconds. (just an example, understand the mechanic, ignore the values)

Open to suggestions on a better/alternate means other than lootboxes.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000c7eb3/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    If you didn't know freeps have new, very rare, gold class item that effect their skills. For example captains have an earring that increases their two arms duration by 4 seconds.

I would like to see this happen for creepside, at the very least via lootboxes. There would be a new type of sigil, that would then be used to barter for an 'augmented trait or skill'. Once you receive the trait or skill it will replace your current trait or skill with a better version.

So for example lets take the WL bubble. If you traded your new token in for the "new" WL bubble you now have a bubble that last 3seconds longer, or has a shorter cd etc. Another example would be to add a 15% chance on damaging skill x to give a self crit buff of X amount for 20 seconds. (just an example, understand the mechanic, ignore the values)

I'd like to see even "regular" items we could equip that gave us more flexibility than the current traits/corruptions stack allows. Though, in keeping with the concept here, I'd suggest they are drops from Freeps rather than from Terrain mobs or regular loot boxes. Loot boxen imply keys, and that just implies more P2W rather than these things being from lucky drops or trading between characters.

Have the usual three teirs - purple, teal, gold. Make them bind on equip, and some set up for each of the Creep classes. A small variety at first (n>0 is good at this point) with more variety as time goes on.

Anyone for Claw Extensions?
    Hobbits . . .
    Now them's good eatin'!

This would only make creeps work harder for something that should be given to them. I've played creepside since SoA and no I would not want this. This basically turns creep class revamps into an rng loot system like the mord brands giving undeserving low ranks better stuff because of luck.

Edit-

Actually this could work wonders in terms of being tied to rank and expanding on building your creep. Because of the inablility or unwillingness to police rank farmers these would be thrown on the store coinciding with profits.

And just think if freeps could start like creeps getting everything tied to rank it may effect population balance for the better. Because of this creeps will need all that &&&& freeps have to deal with like p2w stat scrolls. Basically a complete change which may be happening already freeps have bfp and audacity and pvp gear but also have pve &&&&. Instead of having to deal with what freeps deal with why not let freeps deal with a pvp option where all that pve &&&& is designed to be bought with comms (farmers oh well) while in a pvp zone. I want to play a class from warg to burg reaver to champ ect ect because they are different not because they are similar only 1 is rank gated and the other pve gated.

Until than we have the pendelum which rotates to shift the population imbalances. Way I read it tho creeps still outnumber most servers at prime times.
    Last edited by ssSteele; Mar 25 2013 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ssSteele View Post
    This would only make creeps work harder for something that should be given to them. I've played creepside since SoA and no I would not want this. This basically turns creep class revamps into an rng loot system like the mord brands giving undeserving low ranks better stuff because of luck.
    Well they aren't exactly being given away on freepside. They have a player determined drop rate of less than .3%, in that the worst post we have heard is 300 runs and no drop. This post was intended to suggest a means in which creeps could recoup the loss in balance derived from these additions at an equal acquisition rate, and maybe provide some renewed enthusiasim after the loss of the boxbrand. Though I wouldn't wish this drop rate on anyone.
    Last edited by Armitas; Mar 25 2013 at 07:59 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000c7eb3/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Well they aren't exactly being given away on freepside. They have a player determined drop rate of less than .3%, in that the worst post we have heard is 300 runs and no drop. This post was intended to suggest a means in which creeps could recoup the loss in balance derived from these additions at an equal acquisition rate, and maybe provide some renewed enthusiasim after the loss of the boxbrand. Though I wouldn't wish this drop rate on anyone.
    That's ok you have my blessing on getting the drop rate lowered on your pve items without giving them to creepside.

Rank/store gated revamps. Creeps have yet to get any type of legendary traits.

How about just giving creeps LI weapons they can slot and change like freeps ??? You could add in the crafting stuff the freeps do to the venders so creeps had a way to spend their Gold and then creeps could make their weapons to fit their style
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d01000029c7c4/signature.png]Imhealingu[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Minye View Post
    How about just giving creeps LI weapons they can slot and change like freeps ??? You could add in the crafting stuff the freeps do to the venders so creeps had a way to spend their Gold and then creeps could make their weapons to fit their style
    Legendary traits as well as additional skills, class traits, and scaled racial traits for a more developed and diverse set of roles and builds per class across the board I feel should be the next move. I think LI's could work, but without first expanding on skills & traits, LI's would have no real variety in them other than the addition of an avenue to advance your creep outside of ranking and audacity, which isn't necessarily a bad thing if all tied to the same objective, eating freepies.
    imo

Quote Originally Posted by ssSteele View Post
    Creeps have yet to get any type of legendary traits.
    I thought about this for some time. It is great idea.

lets say up to 3 legendary traits to chose from 6 (2 dpsing, 2 survival, 2 buff/debuff for each class), only for higher ranked creeps (slots open on r7,10,13 or so).

I don't want gear that we have small chance to get. It is already enough unfair with brands (though now they are nerfed and not so usefull... but standard brands are completly useless...)