We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

lottery not working?

I have to admit I have had my fair share of luck on the lottery in the past but these days over the past few months there never seems to be a lottery available for any of my chars? I am logged in correctly, my chars have all been logged in the game lately, yet every time I check ( and I check often) I always get there are no lotteries for your chars (or something similar) Am I missing something? Thanks in advance for all replies.

There are only two regular lotteries per week. They start Monday and Thursday at noon.
    But they apparently need to be kicked off by someone, and sometimes it simply doesn't happen.
    There used to be Flash Lotteries off of Twitter, but it's been a long time since that happened,
    so I'd just check late Monday or Thursday afternoon. The regular lotteries are open for a couple
    days (as opposed to the flash lotteries that were only open for 30 minutes of less), so you can't
    really miss out if you check on Tuesday or Friday.

FAQ:
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?423980

Quote Originally Posted by nimbelle View Post
    I have to admit I have had my fair share of luck on the lottery in the past but these days over the past few months there never seems to be a lottery available for any of my chars? I am logged in correctly, my chars have all been logged in the game lately, yet every time I check ( and I check often) I always get there are no lotteries for your chars (or something similar) Am I missing something? Thanks in advance for all replies.

i won lotteries on 3/10 and 3/14 but i have not seen any posted since then. Has anyone seen any? It would be interesting to know if they just didnt show up for me this time around, or if they were not posted this past week. i do have multiple accounts though. seems like they would have shown up on at least one, if they were posted.
    Last edited by husaragi; Mar 25 2013 at 01:19 PM.

I can tell you that my access to the lotteries has been spotty at best... BUT... I have won the lottery more than 10 times since January with wins as recently as 14 March.

What the previous poster said would make a lot of sense. Although, I was speculating that you could only win a certain number of times in a certain time frame and that was the reason why I was not seeing the lotteries pop up.

Both me and my wife have been seeing the lotteries being erratic and not on regular intervals.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220400000000b672/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by ElldintheWise View Post
    I can tell you that my access to the lotteries has been spotty at best... BUT... I have won the lottery more than 10 times since January with wins as recently as 14 March.

What the previous poster said would make a lot of sense. Although, I was speculating that you could only win a certain number of times in a certain time frame and that was the reason why I was not seeing the lotteries pop up.

Both me and my wife have been seeing the lotteries being erratic and not on regular intervals.
    yeah i had considered this theory but it seems like a bit of a stretch. i have 7 accounts all with multiple characters and no lotteries have shown up for any of them since the 3/14 one. /shrug. just not sure how this thing works =P

The best place on the forums to check/post this is in the Lottery Feedback/Suggestions forum under Community Site Discussion. This issue has been discussed for the past week in the thread below.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?505813-lotteries...

I asked Sapience last week when lotteries would be back consistently, and he replied on twitter, hopefully after PAX East... so with a bit of luck we should have them back soon!
    Everything fits, otherwise we'll make it fit!

many thanks to all the posters. From doing a bit of research it seems the lotteries aren't working 100% atm so I feel a little better. It seems they are working on this and hopefully will be more regular soon so its all good 8)

From what I understand, Sapience runs the lotteries. As the community manager, he would also have a fairly significant role in running all things PAX East related (including the party). Between that and the twitter chat last week, he may have his hands full. Hopefully with Easter, Spring, and Anniversary events coming up, the lotteries will return as well. Mar 14 was the last one for me as well.

(OK I have no idea if anything Easter-related is planned, just a thought and/or wish)
    Last edited by Jas_Lerx; Mar 25 2013 at 06:33 PM.
    Officer of May it be (Crickhollow). Player of the "Eirgang" - Eirlog (105CH), Eirithnui (105HU), Eirlo (101MI), Eirward (105WD), Eirburg (89BU), EirBuff (101CP), Eirbling (101LM), Eirock (61RK), Eirtank (60GD) & Eirbutt (28BE). Wearer of CakeHats.

They have historically had breaks for things like Pax so no need for alarm.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000001283c6/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I normally check once a day to see if there is a lottery running but I haven't seen one in quite a while now-have they not been running or is the issue with lotteries "not working" people are referring too-they are running but your characters are not able to enter?

^Solthir I have a similar thought, given I've not seen a lottery available for any of my toons since before the Yule festival. I'd seen some speculation on the forum back then about the lottos maybe being bugged, so I just assumed they still were and checked mylotro periodically (assumptions, lame, I know)... but I used to run into lotteries casually all the time, and I've definitely not seen one from my account in months. I'm surprised as anyone (and more than most *facepalm*) to read they've still been apparently running. *sheepish look*
    Last edited by Nimmi; Apr 02 2013 at 03:15 AM. Reason: spelling :(
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000f88a7/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Nayeli (brg)~Nimuial (grd)~Lemadni (cap)~Calencuru (ch)~Elixabete (wdn)~Gaiya (LM)~Maraiah(hnt)

Quote Originally Posted by knifesedgegames View Post
    They have historically had breaks for things like Pax so no need for alarm.
    Another Thread mentioned that the 'lotteries' activated by person. It isn't an automated event; so if that 'individual' is not around... then yeah I suppose it's possible there's no lottery. Having said that- there was one that worked end of last week; but nothing since. Checked 3 times Monday Noon...notta.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000001c136d/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]