We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Stoneheight (STH) Drops Nerfed?

Plain and easy, 294 runs, 0 golden drops, 0 Horse-lords recipes.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/20224000000192099/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [b]We are Pata Negra, we never forgive, we never forget, we never regret.[/b]

Nerfed implies something high being reduced.

When was the droprate of those things ever high? I must have missed that time window.

Yes, drops are nerfed...
    less relics and stuff...

But as Rhaphael said:
    the stuff you are after has never had a high droprate,
    so no nerfing even possible there...

Yes but, some people is reporting NorthCotton Farm Golden drops which I think it must have the same drop rate of STH, even teal items are so rare in STH, and I got many gold class items and saw lots more dropping from 6 and 12-man raids, so I guess they have more %. I just wanted to know if people of different servers has the same issue with STH.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/20224000000192099/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Another post eaten by these terrible forums...

So basically the drop chance is somewhere less than .3%, worse than we thought. And yet some people are on their 4th identical gold class drop, and others have 3-4 pieces.

Something isn't working right with your RNG when someone can get 4 of the same pieces when the drop rate is less than .3%. For certain instances/cluster there seems to be a disproportionate class item drop, meaning in erebor it seems that champ cloaks and mini hats are dropping frequently while the other class items are rare.

TL/DR Something is broken here please investigate.
    Last edited by Armitas; Mar 25 2013 at 12:40 PM.

Yeah, it's been observed in a couple of threads (and elsewhere) that the RNG is broken/not working as expected, but so far Turbine seems to ignore any feedback on issues regarding the loot system.
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more

The T2C seems to have a big problem : we got a lot more better items in T1 (teal items, crystals of remembrance, etc...)
    Then we only do T1 now (I can be afk, I can kill all mobs in auto-attack mode...)

Quote Originally Posted by Castorix View Post
    The T2C seems to have a big problem : we got a lot more better items in T1 (teal items, crystals of remembrance, etc...)
    Then we only do T1 now (I can be afk, I can kill all mobs in auto-attack mode...)
    Ya same here, I seem to see more loot (Items not relics/xp runes) drop in T1 runs than T2 Cm runs. as for STH recently started farming it for an earring but it's just not showing up, Purple version shows up sometimes and I run it with Cappy,Guard, Champ which means 3x chance to see it but nothing for us so far. thinking of trying to do it in T1. only bad thing about T1 is No Seals.

Also don't forget it's Turbine and they screwed us in the pass with Loot hook up I'm sure something is messed up somewhere and they were too lazy to DOUBLE CHECK their work before putting anything on Live.

i got my gold horsey bracelet from the scholar daily in hytbold. it was the rat boss as well
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0100002e1bb7/signature.png]Cokaine[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Deinok View Post
    Plain and easy, 294 runs, 0 golden drops, 0 Horse-lords recipes.
    Well according to the information available to me you have run it 120 times and completed the challenge 112 times (since RoR was released):

But I get what you're saying and I agree; you should have been rewarded with at least one gold earring by now. Don't worry, there are *countless* people in the same boat. Myself included.
    Isabaeux - 2nd rate Captain | Falurze - 3rd rate Guard
    Off Peak | Elendilmir

Quote Originally Posted by wasteland View Post
    Well according to the information available to me you have run it 120 times and completed the challenge 112 times (since RoR was released):

But I get what you're saying and I agree; you should have been rewarded with at least one gold earring by now. Don't worry, there are *countless* people in the same boat. Myself included.
    Gold? No, a teal would more than suffice for me..
    where did you find those stats, though?

Quote Originally Posted by rannion View Post
    where did you find those stats, though?
    I got bored before U10 was released so wrote a little app to extract data from mylotro. I wrote it primarily to see how many times I had killed bugud across all my toons for exactly 0 2nd age symbols (the answer was shocking).
    Off Peak | Elendilmir

Quote Originally Posted by wasteland View Post
    I wrote it primarily to see how many times I had killed bugud across all my toons for exactly 0 2nd age symbols (the answer was shocking).
    That's one answer I wouldn't want to know either.. Where are the stats themselves though? Out in the open somewhere? Is this from the 'skirmish stats' page?

Quote Originally Posted by rannion View Post
    Where are the stats themselves though? Out in the open somewhere? Is this from the 'skirmish stats' page?
    It'll go through all the pages on here (as an example) and neatly put them into my database. Anyone can attempt to "hide" their activitylog data but it really doesn't work very well :P
    Off Peak | Elendilmir

Wasteland, I dunno where you get data from, but i guess it's a bit outdated, mylotro is not really quick in that stuff.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Anyways, doing around 20-30 runs per day atm t1 and t2.. and still no luck.

Wasteland, I dunno where you get data from, but i guess it's a bit outdated, mylotro is not really quick in that stuff.
    I don't doubt that you've run it that many times; my stats were from the RoR launch date. My guess is that you, like everyone else, ran it a lot prior to RoR for runes/relics. So with respect to actually having a chance of the gold items, I believe my numbers are right.

However, like you, I am a sucker for punishment and continue to run instances over and over just in case my lottery ticket is a winner.
    Off Peak | Elendilmir

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Anyways, doing around 20-30 runs per day atm t1 and t2.. and still no luck.
    there are more then 1 boss in that instance. they all count
    argio r11 burglar | trytofarmme r10 reaver | trytoloveme r10 spider | ikissedafreep r10 blackarrow | roargh r9 warleader | trytocatchme r9 warg |

I'm at (only) 90 runs (both T1 or T2C, solo) : 0 gold of course, but also, 0 cyan (teal) items
    There is really a problem...