We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Red face New Captain Looking for Advice.

Hi everyone i'm quite new to lotro and mmorgp game style but i'm getting the hang on things pretty quick. (I know my number of posts is quite high) but that's because I love learning new things, but during my few months here I can never stick it out with one class I keep jumping from class to class and as much as I like this I hate it at the same time (I don't expect you to understand this) because I like Idea of so many classes rolls I continue to re-roll and its been over 2 months of doing so!
    From my understanding the captain is a buff off-tank and off healer which is almost all classes in one, kind of not really :P so I figured I'd like this the best and defiantly going to be sticking it out, because what ive seen from the forums it's my type of class. (ability to fill multiple rolls/do them all at one time).

Now to get down to the real reason for this thread is to get advice, but not basic and common advice such best race, (lol!) craft virtue, race red or blue line traits because I have found threads on this topic and see no need to pester people over something like that because I have to do my part to and not slack off.

Im just looking for any advice you would give a new captain it as I know very little what are my core skills, methods of in-game learning in group situations, duo advice, healing, solo, pet information, unique things to the captain.

Anything really that you think would help me grow on my knowledge of the captain and learn to become a decent captain both solo group and duo.
    I just want a really good thread I can constantly refer back to that has lots of information I need.
    Oh and What's an captain armament?

Thanks in advance

Both those threads seemed pretty old that's why I avoided them are they still in-date?

Lotro-Wiki has some useful info about the class.

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty_Squirrel View Post
    Now to get down to the real reason for this thread is to get advice, but not basic and common advice such best race, (lol!) craft virtue, race red or blue line traits because I have found threads on this topic and see no need to pester people over something like that because I have to do my part to and not slack off.
    Around the 40's or so, it starts to get rough. Itemization is not all that great until you get to the 50's or so (most of the vanilla quest gear leaves something to be desired) - itemization gets really good with Dunland, and that's about when you'll start seeing how you'll start working at endgame.

Im just looking for any advice you would give a new captain it as I know very little what are my core skills, methods of in-game learning in group situations, duo advice, healing, solo, pet information, unique things to the captain.
    Learning how to use In Harms Way without Last Stand separates the good captains from the excellent ones. Also, learning how use Shield of the Dunedain and when to slot it is another good skill to know. The rest of the panic buttons require you to not forget that a skill exists, and have a level enough head to know when to use it.

Oh, and duo/group to level cap if that's possible for you. It's possible solo, but things are more fun with a group IMO.

Oh and What's an captain armament?
    If you're referring to the ranged slot it, it's armor for your herald (if you choose to use one). I run with one solo more out of force of habit than any real reason.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Landroval

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Steam: Almagnus1