We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 48
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    10

    Nimrodel 1 V 1 Tournament (Hosted by Valiancy)

    Nimrodel 1 V 1 Tournament (Hosted by Valiancy)



    Round 1 – 1v1 Tournament:
    This is the first of a series of tournaments I will be hosting. If you are not a fan of 1v1’s, stay tuned as 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, etc. tournaments are on the horizon. This is something I have wanted to do for a long time and have given it a LOT of thought and work. Please see all the information below for combat/tournament rules, entry fees/donations, etc. Should be fun and definitely interesting.

    Combat Rules
    • Each duel will consist of 3 fights. The person who wins 2 out of 3 will be deemed the winner. All 3 fights will be fought, even if one person wins the first two.
    • Lotro store bought items are NOT allowed during combat.
    • A person may only brand for one of the three fights and the brand must be used at the beginning of the fight.
    • Any and all classes are welcome.
    • Fights will take place at 20S 22W.
    • Fights will begin on the third jump from me after the contestants are in place and ready.
    • No buffs beyond what a person can put on themselves will be allowed. If another buff is added by accident that has a cd on it, that person will wait until the buff expires before they can fight (they can also get themselves killed to remove the buff, their choice)
    • If a fight lasts longer than 10 minutes, the fight will be stopped at 10 minutes and the person with the highest combined percentage of morale and power will be declared the winner. (This will give healing classes a chance to win if they cannot do enough damage to an opponent to kill them)
    • A ring will be created with Freeps/Creeps where fights will be held. Step outside the ring and you automatically lose that fight.
    • If you are a participant in the tournament, you will be expected to be part of the ring denoting the boundaries of the fights and will be asked to not move during duels.

    Tournament Rules
    • 2 divisions will be held. Division 1: Amateur Division (ranks 0-8). Division 2: Expert Division (ranks 9+). You will automatically be put into the Division that coincides with your rank.
    • Both divisions will hold fights when people are on that have been paired to fight. The person you are paired with to fight will be completely random. So, if there is a certain person you hope to fight during the tournament just make sure you win all your matches and hope they win theirs.
    • There will be a winners and a loser’s bracket. (more information on the specifics of the brackets and how they will work will be posted soon)
    • All communication between the two sides will be done using Ventrilo or Skype. Please make sure you have vent, Skype, or know someone who does so you can receive information when it is time to fight. (Does anyone have a vent server they are willing to share and have used for the purpose of this tournament? Please contact me if you do.)
    • Official fights will only happen when I am on (don’t worry I’ll be on a lot for the next couple of weeks).

    Entry Fees/Donations
    • An entry fee for each character entered will be required to compete.
    • Entry fees must be given on the side that the character you’re entering is on. Ex. A Creep cannot give Freep gold to enter, etc.
    • All entry fees must be either 10 gold or items that can be turned in for 100 infamy/renown. Examples: 1 CG symbol/1 Tyrant lash, 2 First Marshal’s marks/2 Chieftains seals, etc.. Also, any combination of items can be given that are worth 100 infamy/renown upon turn-in.
    • Awards donations are welcome. What are you willing to give to the tournament as an award for the winners? This may count as your entry fee if it is deemed worthy. Donations can be anything, not just PVP quest related items.

    Disqualification Rules
    • Any interference from another player (a heal, a buff, causing a defeat event by holding a spar on the side, etc. will cause the offending player a penalty point. 2 points and you are disqualified from the entire tournament (including all classes –freep and creep- you have entered) and you will forfeit your entry fees/donations.

    General Tournament Information
    • 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners will have their choice of the available rewards. If there is a surplus of rewards/donations, rewards will be offered to 4th, 5th, 6th, etc. until all the rewards are gone. Though, the pot for the first, second, and third places will have the most items/gold respectively.
    • I will use this forum thread to continue to post information about the tournament: The current people slotted to fight next, those who have been eliminated, a current list of the rewards for the victors, etc.
    • Today from this post date will be given to enter the tournament. If you have not registered or contacted me in some form with your desire to register before midnight (PST) on March 28th you will not be able to enter the tournament (it’s okay though, you can catch the 2v2 tournament – coming soon)

    Information I need from participants ---- EMail this information to Ozrileally@gmail.com
    • What class will you play (can enter more than one class)
    • Name of character and rank of that character
    • When you are available to participate in the tournament? (Please list all times in the Pacific time zone)
    Please list all days and times during a normal week when you can participate.
    • How, when, and what you will use to pay for the entry fee and if you would like to donate anything to the tournament.

    How to enter the Tournament
    • I will coordinate this all through my Minstrel (Valiancy) and my Black Arrow (Derkopfer).
    • When a vent channel has been chosen to use, it will be posted on this forum and I will be logged into that channel anytime I am playing until the tournament is over.
    • Use that vent channel to contact me to enter the tournament or send me a tell in-game. I will mostly be on my Warleader and will only really switch to my minstrel to collect entry fees/donations from Freep participants, check mail, etc.
    • You can send a mail request to my minstrel with your entry fee and the information needed to compete.
    • A reply to this post with the necessary information can be used to enter as well.

    I hope to get a lot of interest here and I am willing to take comments and suggestions on how to improve this process in the future. Thank you to everyone who participates. And if you don’t want to participate but would like to donate some reward money/items it is definitely welcomed.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    954
    You are aware of how ridiculously OP freeps are atm especially with regard to 1v1's?
    Only real way to balance this tourney is with 4 red OPs.
    Bigslick

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,055
    Quote Originally Posted by 87_Suited View Post
    You are aware of how ridiculously OP freeps are atm especially with regard to 1v1's?
    Only real way to balance this tourney is with 4 red OPs.
    Not even sure that would balance it.

    It would have the vibe of an old Seinfeld episode where Kramer is brimming with confidence at being king of his karate dojo. A feat somewhat lessened when the rest of the cast learns that he is in a class with 10 year old children.

    Also, Turbine never even set out to balance freep V. freep classes for 1 on 1 combat, let alone all classes across creep and freep. They aren't balanced at the best of times.
    Parahelion - Burg, Krustii - Champ, Shurmann-Cappy, Tommac-Min, Lazarrus-LM, Thromdir-Hnt, Theodolan-Grd, Kozzmeaux - Bear - Dancing in the Dark kinship.
    Wrecks - Warg - The Black Blade

  4. #4
    Fun idea in concept, but 1v1 balance is so non-existent it'd be an exercise in frustration for 90% of the participants, especially if certain classes decided they wanted to win.

    How about series of class v class spars (moving up the potency totem pole):
    BAs Vs Wargs
    Defiler Vs Warleaders (for the lols)
    Reavers Vs Weavers
    Hunters Vs Guards Vs Captains (round robin)
    Burgs Vs Rks
    Champs Vs Minis
    LMs Vs Wardens
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

  5. #5

    1V1

    Ive been in many 1v1 tournys back on silverlode (with valiancy) and they tend to workout very well as long as people are informed. people just need to know when the battles are taking place so people dont inturupt them. if it so happens that someone starts attacking someone during a 1v1 there should be planty of creeps/freeps to stop who ever is intupting the 1v1(as in killing the attacker) If you dont like the idea of it dont join its just for fun and to test your skills on creeps around your rank. in my personal experince it helps you get to know the people you are playing with both creeps and freeps. It is also a great way to have fun and make yourself some renown/infamy.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    91
    A cute idea.

    Classes are not balanced. Just crown a so-and-so rune-keeper or black-arrow the queen of the moors and let's all get back to GV and Grams camping. (sarcasm)

    You didn't mention hiding in plain sight and disappearing, store-bought spider burrows while enemy remains in combat unable to regenerate, tracking stealth classes while standing in fire traps, stealth v stealth class (warg sense prey advantage), minstrel flops for reaver charges, and dying rage.

    Best of luck with the worms.

    P.S. Let me bring my Rank 0 "amateur" out in full audacity gear. Oh pretty please.
    Last edited by Piccolopasso; Mar 26 2013 at 04:45 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b000000089df7/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

    Captain: Auralia | Defiler: Spacemonkey | Fail Warden Tank: Damoiselle | Pie-Eating Monster of Doom: Chimichanga

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    403
    Wasn't even going to reply to this thread due to the lack of anyone looking for organized fights and events on this server.

    Im in on BA/champ/reaver/rk or w/e would be needed just send a tell in game if anything ever comes from this.

    Ill put up cash freep/creep too 50g on either side to whoever wants in [ C'mon LMs EASY BA KILL ]

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    7th Circle of Hell
    Posts
    244
    Quote Originally Posted by Piccolopasso View Post
    You didn't mention hiding in plain sight and disappearing, store-bought spider burrows while enemy remains in combat unable to regenerate
    Store-bought spider burrows in combat? Where is this, how can I get this ZOMG they never tell me anything!

    Quote Originally Posted by Piccolopasso View Post
    stealth v stealth class (warg sense prey advantage)
    Fair enough, though I would love to have a set bonus that removes all dots like you burgs do!


    Worms! You ARE the voice over for that Troll up in DG aren't you! Wait...that was Maggots...
    It remains a mystery I suppose

    Here is a squirrel


    Winter is Coming!
    Anat ~ Damspider, The Black Blade
    Teslafoil ~ Allure, WeGotThis

    "Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war"

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    10

    The point of this...

    The reason I am doing this is for the fun of it. Its not for competition, its for practice. It makes you a better player, lets you socialize with other players, learn about the community you play in. I transferred here, I want to get to know all of you a little better! I am politely asking for nobody to post things that will bag on this idea anymore. If you are interested in joining this tournament, reply to the forum with what class and its name.
    Regarding "Hide in Plain Sight" and cool downs. Its all about common courtesy, if you feel you need to pop a CD to win, so be it. You may not have it the next fight or the you may still lose and have burnt it. Its your choice to use it wisely.
    SPRINT - If it looks like your just kiting and still have no chance of winning, (If it goes on for quite a while), the round will be 1 loss against you.
    Regarding the comment of let me bring my R0 with full audacity. Its another courtesy thing, if you sign up, for example my weaver has full audacity and its R3, If I were to enter the competition with it, I would put myself up against somebody of the same skill level. Its not just about the Ranks....
    Remember this is for the fun of it. One "Winner or Victor" is going to change how the moors is, like a Grams or GV camp. This is to make yourself better, not to find flaws. Self-Discipline, Perseverance, Respect, they are all traits to be gained in this, take advantage of it. Its for the better.

  10. #10
    The creeps didn't want 1v1s last update and they, arguably, held the upper hand. With that in mind, do you really think they would now, with freeps having, arguably, an upper hand?

    Valiant attempt and I wish you luck, but don't count on it.

    Is Nikitah participating? =)
    Volodic- Rank 14 Minstrel- The first and the last Warlord of Nimrodel
    Volobash- Rank 11 Blackarrow- Arkenstone, Nikitah's Bane
    Volosavenger- Rank 9 Stalker- Landroval, The white warg

  11. #11
    If you have any sense of your class as a freep in this update, its almost impossible to lose a 1v1 to a creep...unless of course its an evade popping BA :/
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/62FAd4l.jpg[/IMG] ~~~ ©_© ~~~ [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/BmUTNGJ.jpg[/IMG]

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyskywalker View Post
    Ill put up cash freep/creep too 50g on either side to whoever wants in [ C'mon LMs EASY BA KILL ]
    This is a trap ToQ is always broke on freepside :P
    [url=http://www.sigcreator.com/][img]http://www.sigcreator.com/generatedsigs/911993610lotro_lotro18.png[/img][/url]

  13. #13
    Meliar - R10 RK.... I haven't been out since the update so not sure how op the RK is now... But I'm not a real great player either hit me up in game, I could probably get a few kinnies for some small group action.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b000000114f0c/01006/signature.png]Meliar[/charsig]

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    52
    I like the idea Valiancy. A tournament sounds interesting but there is so little 1v1 action (that I've seen), I think some simple 1v1 circles that are organised on the day would be better for now, so people will be encouraged to do them. Either way sign me up on my warden Turtlemoss.
    Thanks
    retired warden mouse clicker turtlemoss, countless storebought creeps

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,055
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzyman1 View Post
    SPRINT - If it looks like your just kiting and still have no chance of winning, (If it goes on for quite a while), the round will be 1 loss against you.
    And.....here we go. The further expansion of rules and subjective judgments. In other words, why these sort of broad tournament ideas aren't, in my opinion, really workable.

    So is it ok for a Runekeeper or hunter to kite with slows?

    Sprint on a warg in a 1v1 is used as both an "anti-kiting" strategy as well as an opportunity to turn around the person and get as much as possible positional damage in. It can also be used to maintain distance while waiting out other cool-downs like Knives Out on a burglar. It lasts 20 seconds, and we can't reset it with something like Ready and Able. It's not available again for at least 3 minutes, which is generally longer than a warg is going to last in any 1v1.

    That's just one example. I don't have enough knowledge of every single other freep and creep class to come up with a workable set of 1v1 rules that make sense, let alone a set that would have general agreement.

    I do hope you get enough for this to be a fun event.
    Parahelion - Burg, Krustii - Champ, Shurmann-Cappy, Tommac-Min, Lazarrus-LM, Thromdir-Hnt, Theodolan-Grd, Kozzmeaux - Bear - Dancing in the Dark kinship.
    Wrecks - Warg - The Black Blade

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    838
    Depending on how many participate in the R9+. If you get like 3 then forget it. But once the numbers come out I will see. I will Put up 500g to the winner of the R9 bracket. I have been running a bunch of T2 recently so if I win another first age I will put a 85 first age as the price instead of 500g.

    Just my 2 cents. Not bashing just some thoughts

    - Rules need to be as solid as possible. As little "grey" area as possible. The more you leave up to "the eye of the beyolder" the more people will gripe and bound to be something that could go either way due to it.

    - I am putting up for the R9+ bracket because currently I feel the R0-R8 bracket has a bit to be had. Such as a r0 with full audacity. While I do not think that is as big of a advantage as some think. It does give a slight edge. The edge goes to the already low players. But being up to R8. You were going to get many at R8 with full audacity anyway. So it just gives the advantage over the actual brand new player. But a R8 is not brand new.

    I understand many peoples issue with it is not balanced for 1 vs 1. to that statement though I would ask when has it been balanced to anything other then numbers? The Moors always has and always will be about numbers. Which side has the numbers.

    Currently it has been a grams camp recently. is that balanced? When it was GV camping was that balanced?

    PvPers will never be happy. Always someone elses fault why they died or there team failed or the other side is horribad because they are OP and still lost.

    1 vs 1 tournament is no more or less balanced then when freep numbers double creeps or creep numbers double freeps. Sandbox PvP will never have balance. The classes are not mirrored off of eachother.

    Many fear they will come out and lose to someone they think is Horribad. Someone they rag on to kin or tribe mates or they bash in OOC on the respective side. That they will lose and then look like a noob or lose respect. trust me when I tell you. nobody thinks any of you are as good as you think you are in your own head. Leave the ego at the door or come and show it off and beat someone instead of speaking how it is unbalanced. It has not been balanced since beta. Who cares come out and lets see what you got.

    I know I am not that great. My greatest contribution to the moors is I can bring people out and direct enough to turn a &&&& into a shiny &&&&. But at the end it is still just a &&&&.

    i have been lucky enough to be playing a Lore-master for years now because nobody knew what they did back in the day. But
    I know many of the people I have killed or caught are probobly better players then me. Luckily for me I play a class with a few tricks up the sleeves. I also molded my toon after gandalf played by Samuel L jackson which makes him more epic. But that is another story.

    I will attempt to bring as many wisdom members to this as possible. it is something different and I can care less who wins or loses. I will still kill you when I have 4 others with me and I catch you by yourself. :P . My money is on Willdin to win if he enters. As a matter of fact I got another 150g bounty on whoever knocks out Willdin.

    Would love for this to not be a whine fest by everyone for a change. Do me a favor and look around. 1 vs 1's or group fights. Someone is always complaining. so who cares. most have more gold then they care to have. drop some money in the pot and come get your butt whipped. join me in vent during it. I will be drinking and laughing.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by ben4patriots View Post
    My money is on Willdin to win if he enters. As a matter of fact I got another 150g bounty on whoever knocks out Willdin.
    Challenge accepted. I'll be in. It might be scary doing something besides camping with a massive number difference though. (Also, warg sprint is for MAX SPEED BACKPEDDLING)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a21301000002c0aa/signature.png]Skuro[/charsig]

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    403
    Quote Originally Posted by ben4patriots View Post
    What you said

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by ben4patriots View Post
    Depending on how many participate in the R9+. If you get like 3 then forget it. But once the numbers come out I will see. I will Put up 500g to the winner of the R9 bracket. I have been running a bunch of T2 recently so if I win another first age I will put a 85 first age as the price instead of 500g.

    Just my 2 cents. Not bashing just some thoughts

    - Rules need to be as solid as possible. As little "grey" area as possible. The more you leave up to "the eye of the beyolder" the more people will gripe and bound to be something that could go either way due to it.

    - I am putting up for the R9+ bracket because currently I feel the R0-R8 bracket has a bit to be had. Such as a r0 with full audacity. While I do not think that is as big of a advantage as some think. It does give a slight edge. The edge goes to the already low players. But being up to R8. You were going to get many at R8 with full audacity anyway. So it just gives the advantage over the actual brand new player. But a R8 is not brand new.

    I understand many peoples issue with it is not balanced for 1 vs 1. to that statement though I would ask when has it been balanced to anything other then numbers? The Moors always has and always will be about numbers. Which side has the numbers.

    Currently it has been a grams camp recently. is that balanced? When it was GV camping was that balanced?

    PvPers will never be happy. Always someone elses fault why they died or there team failed or the other side is horribad because they are OP and still lost.

    1 vs 1 tournament is no more or less balanced then when freep numbers double creeps or creep numbers double freeps. Sandbox PvP will never have balance. The classes are not mirrored off of eachother.

    Many fear they will come out and lose to someone they think is Horribad. Someone they rag on to kin or tribe mates or they bash in OOC on the respective side. That they will lose and then look like a noob or lose respect. trust me when I tell you. nobody thinks any of you are as good as you think you are in your own head. Leave the ego at the door or come and show it off and beat someone instead of speaking how it is unbalanced. It has not been balanced since beta. Who cares come out and lets see what you got.

    I know I am not that great. My greatest contribution to the moors is I can bring people out and direct enough to turn a &&&& into a shiny &&&&. But at the end it is still just a &&&&.

    i have been lucky enough to be playing a Lore-master for years now because nobody knew what they did back in the day. But
    I know many of the people I have killed or caught are probobly better players then me. Luckily for me I play a class with a few tricks up the sleeves. I also molded my toon after gandalf played by Samuel L jackson which makes him more epic. But that is another story.

    I will attempt to bring as many wisdom members to this as possible. it is something different and I can care less who wins or loses. I will still kill you when I have 4 others with me and I catch you by yourself. :P . My money is on Willdin to win if he enters. As a matter of fact I got another 150g bounty on whoever knocks out Willdin.

    Would love for this to not be a whine fest by everyone for a change. Do me a favor and look around. 1 vs 1's or group fights. Someone is always complaining. so who cares. most have more gold then they care to have. drop some money in the pot and come get your butt whipped. join me in vent during it. I will be drinking and laughing.
    Why are you talking about numbesr if we are talking about 1v1 ? , that's the difference , numbers doesn't mean nothing in a 1v1 :3 , but at least the problem i see now it's that arquese is right , if you are a good player as a freep it's almost imposible to lose to a creep even if the creep it's a good player too



    Remember something , they nerfed creep defense , they increased freep's damage and criticals . But hunters are still easy to kill , lol .

    right now i have 6 crit protection corruptions and i'm still getting some lovely crits on me ( 5k EC , 4k shocking words and 3.4k from Essence of storm in a row ) .

    My question is , why now that everybody knows that freeps are op , they want to make a 1v1 tournament ?????


    ( yep i know , not the best grammar )
    Last edited by julio_0504; Mar 28 2013 at 12:30 PM.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    7th Circle of Hell
    Posts
    244
    Free renown? Chance at a 85 first age? Drunken debachery and laughs?

    I do think its nice, that having recently transferred here you wish to get to know people, the player community and the inner dynamic of our little Moors. The timing is probably incidental Sheloob, though no doubt I can certainly picture freepage salivating at the lovely chance to spank creeps, stroke their egos and in some cases post nasty things via forums.

    However, I will point out our recent past unorganized 1 v 1's dynamics were constantly changed by those not participating in said 1v1's by small groups (of both sides) running around flipping OP's, hooking up delving buffs, etc. Thus trying to flip the favor of those buffs to their side (or to be douchebags) etc etc.

    Sadly there is no real way to enforce any of it, (meaning those who do it to be jerks or because they can) because its an open zone and since each person pays their own subscription (in theory) we cannot tell them how to play their game. Now its easy to say, "Well, lets chastise those doing it" lets be honest here, IF you can figure out who (not always a given) and if its not someone secretly acting on behalf of those who profess innocence (has happened) you can't really do anything about it.

    Either way, it might make things interesting for a little bit, which is never a bad thing.

    Pertinent question for the creep players (since most higher ranked creep players have 0 need for mats and or cash)

    If a creep wins, can that person choose to be rewarded on a freep if they have one?
    Anat ~ Damspider, The Black Blade
    Teslafoil ~ Allure, WeGotThis

    "Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war"

  21. #21

    That's an odd thing to say....

    Quote Originally Posted by tjs21 View Post
    If you have any sense of your class as a freep in this update, its almost impossible to lose a 1v1 to a creep...unless of course its an evade popping BA :/

    Seems odd then that you would lose to a rank 8 or 9 (not sure which) WL yesterday. Tool, I believe the name was. And he also beat another very good hunter who definitely has a sense of his class, as do you. OPs were even, so there was no advantage there. Wasn't getting outside help, so it was a fair fight. No big deal - we all lose some and win some. Just not sure I can get behind a statement which seems intended to influence developers to beef up creeps in the next update and which you personally proved is not accurate.
    Last edited by Thularil; Mar 28 2013 at 03:26 PM.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    838
    Quote Originally Posted by julio_0504 View Post
    Why are you talking about numbesr if we are talking about 1v1 ? , that's the difference , numbers doesn't mean nothing in a 1v1 :3 , but at least the problem i see now it's that arquese is right , if you are a good player as a freep it's almost imposible to lose to a creep even if the creep it's a good player too



    Remember something , they nerfed creep defense , they increased freep's damage and criticals . But hunters are still easy to kill , lol .

    right now i have 6 crit protection corruptions and i'm still getting some lovely crits on me ( 5k EC , 4k shocking words and 3.4k from Essence of storm in a row ) .

    My question is , why now that everybody knows that freeps are op , they want to make a 1v1 tournament ?????


    ( yep i know , not the best grammar )
    The point is simple. Anyone using the excuse " 1 vs 1's are not fair" are being nothing but hypocrits. We play a game with sandbox pvp and the classes are not mirrored. Nothing is ever fair in the Moors. so for you to say "i don't want to because it's not fair" but then come to the moors to fight on ANY given night is just being a hypocrit.


    I am not trying to troll you. I know English is not your first language so perhaps you did not understand my post. I am talking about numbers because many people just like you are whining about something that someone is having to put together. You and many others are acting as if someone is forcing you to play in this 1 vs 1 tournament.

    I brought up numbers because you are sitting here telling us freeps are OP and it is not fair to 1 vs 1 a good freep. My point is was it fair when you had 30 creeps and we had 10 freeps? or when we have 30 freeps and you have 10 creeps? If you want fair then you are in the wrong type of PvP. SANDBOX PVP IS NEVER BALANCED.

    your argument means nothing. Crit defense gone? so what? There is no balance in sandbox pvp. I find it very ironic people like you saying "1 vs 1 is not fair". When NOTHING in the Moors is fair. we play a game that does not mirror classes and has nothing but sandbox. So if you do not want to enter the tournament because "it's not fair" then you should probobly never log into the moors. because it is never fair out there for one side or the other. an advantage will ALWAYS be had by one side. Whether it is 1 vs 1 or numbers. No difference.


    Not to mention you speak as if this is the first 1 vs 1 tournament that has tried to be put together? In every update there has been 1 vs 1 circles to include the last update. I saw people in glff all the time advertising for 1 vs 1's in the Moors. the only difference is now someone is putting a prize up for it.


    Everyone has an opinion on why the Moors fails. But nobody is willing to try to do something different. then when somebody does you and others attack it like it is a fail plan. Yet you or nobody else has any idea on what to do to make the Moors better. In turn you are doing nothing but becoming part of the problem. Just another face in the crowd whining about everything out there.


    The bottom line is. if your argument against a 1 vs 1 tournament is "but it's not fair because one side is more powerfull".....Then you should never come to the moors period. Because it is never fair with the way PvP is set up. I see so many people whining about how unfair a 1 vs 1 is but they have no problem running up on someone with 2 buddies and getting a free kill in a 3 vs 1? Seems a bit hypocritical to me. If your afraid to die and lose to someone you don't respect then don't come. But do not hide behind the "it is not fair" excuse. Because nothing in the Moors has ever or will be fair in sandbox pvp where the classes are not mirrored. Your argument is laughable and hypocritical.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by ben4patriots View Post
    The point is simple. Anyone using the excuse " 1 vs 1's are not fair" are being nothing but hypocrits. We play a game with sandbox pvp and the classes are not mirrored. Nothing is ever fair in the Moors. so for you to say "i don't want to because it's not fair" but then come to the moors to fight on ANY given night is just being a hypocrit.


    I am not trying to troll you. I know English is not your first language so perhaps you did not understand my post. I am talking about numbers because many people just like you are whining about something that someone is having to put together. You and many others are acting as if someone is forcing you to play in this 1 vs 1 tournament.

    I brought up numbers because you are sitting here telling us freeps are OP and it is not fair to 1 vs 1 a good freep. My point is was it fair when you had 30 creeps and we had 10 freeps? or when we have 30 freeps and you have 10 creeps? If you want fair then you are in the wrong type of PvP. SANDBOX PVP IS NEVER BALANCED.

    your argument means nothing. Crit defense gone? so what? There is no balance in sandbox pvp. I find it very ironic people like you saying "1 vs 1 is not fair". When NOTHING in the Moors is fair. we play a game that does not mirror classes and has nothing but sandbox. So if you do not want to enter the tournament because "it's not fair" then you should probobly never log into the moors. because it is never fair out there for one side or the other. an advantage will ALWAYS be had by one side. Whether it is 1 vs 1 or numbers. No difference.


    Not to mention you speak as if this is the first 1 vs 1 tournament that has tried to be put together? In every update there has been 1 vs 1 circles to include the last update. I saw people in glff all the time advertising for 1 vs 1's in the Moors. the only difference is now someone is putting a prize up for it.


    Everyone has an opinion on why the Moors fails. But nobody is willing to try to do something different. then when somebody does you and others attack it like it is a fail plan. Yet you or nobody else has any idea on what to do to make the Moors better. In turn you are doing nothing but becoming part of the problem. Just another face in the crowd whining about everything out there.


    The bottom line is. if your argument against a 1 vs 1 tournament is "but it's not fair because one side is more powerfull".....Then you should never come to the moors period. Because it is never fair with the way PvP is set up. I see so many people whining about how unfair a 1 vs 1 is but they have no problem running up on someone with 2 buddies and getting a free kill in a 3 vs 1? Seems a bit hypocritical to me. If your afraid to die and lose to someone you don't respect then don't come. But do not hide behind the "it is not fair" excuse. Because nothing in the Moors has ever or will be fair in sandbox pvp where the classes are not mirrored. Your argument is laughable and hypocritical.
    let's see how many creeps want to " FIGHT " , and c'mon , you are an LM , i'm not sure if you play a high ranked creep but if you don't , i can see why you have this point of view , i'm not a good spider i know i can easily lose and that's what i'm not interested on this Tournament , but i'm just saying what i think

    Rks using Xanven's and opaque's tactic : pew , pew , pew , pew , boooooom , steady hands , heal, heal, heal , heal , hot, hot , hot , pew , pew pew , booom
    Last edited by julio_0504; Mar 28 2013 at 04:35 PM.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    611
    Really like the idea, though I'm not sure if I will participate. I've been in far too many of these kind of things only for a group of idiots to ruin it - usually the same ones.

    And Sheloob, some people (Freep and Creep) enjoy 1v1's in general and also enjoy challenges. I'll certainly admit that Freeps hit harder with this update, but that doesn't mean there can't be any good fights or fun.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    838
    Quote Originally Posted by julio_0504 View Post
    let's see how many creeps want to " FIGHT " , and c'mon , you are an LM , i'm not sure if you play a high ranked creep but if you don't , i can see why you have this point of view , i'm not a good spider i know i can easily lose and that's what i'm not interested on this Tournament , but i'm just saying what i think

    Rks using Xanven's and opaque's tactic : pew , pew , pew , pew , boooooom , steady hands , heal, heal, heal , heal , hot, hot , hot , pew , pew pew , booom
    You are completley missing the point. I have a creep of every class between rank 6-8 for most of them. Snooch my Reaver being the one I play the most. I have also been playing a Lore-Master since basicly a few months since launch.

    You are acting like I am "Pro Freep". When I am not that at all. I think the problem is on both sides. The reason why is simple. Because both sides have the exact same people. That creep next to you most likely has a freep he plays as well and that freep next to me will be on his creep the next day. They whine about freeps when on creep and whine about creeps when on there freep. Everyone hates how the moors are. But when someone brings up something different it is just bashed down. If your fine with being grams or GV camped then hey go at it. But those who sit there and whine about it just are part of the problems themselves. Freep or creep is no difference. never happy and thinks they are not part of the probelm.

    But you are dodging the entire point of my post. What about the 1 vs 1 circles before this patch? Or the 1 vs 1 circles in EVERY patch since this one??? You keep going back to how unfair it is. But yet if I am riding around and run into you and 7 of your buddies I guarentee none of you will have a problem jumping me 8 vs 1. trust me I won't have the problem doing the same to you. Just seems a bit hypocritical on your part. You don't mind the unfair advantage being in your court though.

    You don't want to play in the tournament? Fine. Then what are you contributing to the thread to those that would possibly want to? Nobody has a gun to your head forcing it. If you don't want to then no problem. Easy solution is just don't
    Last edited by ben4patriots; Mar 28 2013 at 06:59 PM.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload