Nimrodel 1 V 1 Tournament (Hosted by Valiancy)
Round 1 – 1v1 Tournament:
This is the first of a series of tournaments I will be hosting. If you are not a fan of 1v1’s, stay tuned as 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, etc. tournaments are on the horizon. This is something I have wanted to do for a long time and have given it a LOT of thought and work. Please see all the information below for combat/tournament rules, entry fees/donations, etc. Should be fun and definitely interesting.
• Each duel will consist of 3 fights. The person who wins 2 out of 3 will be deemed the winner. All 3 fights will be fought, even if one person wins the first two.
• Lotro store bought items are NOT allowed during combat.
• A person may only brand for one of the three fights and the brand must be used at the beginning of the fight.
• Any and all classes are welcome.
• Fights will take place at 20S 22W.
• Fights will begin on the third jump from me after the contestants are in place and ready.
• No buffs beyond what a person can put on themselves will be allowed. If another buff is added by accident that has a cd on it, that person will wait until the buff expires before they can fight (they can also get themselves killed to remove the buff, their choice)
• If a fight lasts longer than 10 minutes, the fight will be stopped at 10 minutes and the person with the highest combined percentage of morale and power will be declared the winner. (This will give healing classes a chance to win if they cannot do enough damage to an opponent to kill them)
• A ring will be created with Freeps/Creeps where fights will be held. Step outside the ring and you automatically lose that fight.
• If you are a participant in the tournament, you will be expected to be part of the ring denoting the boundaries of the fights and will be asked to not move during duels.
• 2 divisions will be held. Division 1: Amateur Division (ranks 0-8). Division 2: Expert Division (ranks 9+). You will automatically be put into the Division that coincides with your rank.
• Both divisions will hold fights when people are on that have been paired to fight. The person you are paired with to fight will be completely random. So, if there is a certain person you hope to fight during the tournament just make sure you win all your matches and hope they win theirs.
• There will be a winners and a loser’s bracket. (more information on the specifics of the brackets and how they will work will be posted soon)
• All communication between the two sides will be done using Ventrilo or Skype. Please make sure you have vent, Skype, or know someone who does so you can receive information when it is time to fight. (Does anyone have a vent server they are willing to share and have used for the purpose of this tournament? Please contact me if you do.)
• Official fights will only happen when I am on (don’t worry I’ll be on a lot for the next couple of weeks).
• An entry fee for each character entered will be required to compete.
• Entry fees must be given on the side that the character you’re entering is on. Ex. A Creep cannot give Freep gold to enter, etc.
• All entry fees must be either 10 gold or items that can be turned in for 100 infamy/renown. Examples: 1 CG symbol/1 Tyrant lash, 2 First Marshal’s marks/2 Chieftains seals, etc.. Also, any combination of items can be given that are worth 100 infamy/renown upon turn-in.
• Awards donations are welcome. What are you willing to give to the tournament as an award for the winners? This may count as your entry fee if it is deemed worthy. Donations can be anything, not just PVP quest related items.
• Any interference from another player (a heal, a buff, causing a defeat event by holding a spar on the side, etc. will cause the offending player a penalty point. 2 points and you are disqualified from the entire tournament (including all classes –freep and creep- you have entered) and you will forfeit your entry fees/donations.
General Tournament Information
• 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners will have their choice of the available rewards. If there is a surplus of rewards/donations, rewards will be offered to 4th, 5th, 6th, etc. until all the rewards are gone. Though, the pot for the first, second, and third places will have the most items/gold respectively.
• I will use this forum thread to continue to post information about the tournament: The current people slotted to fight next, those who have been eliminated, a current list of the rewards for the victors, etc.
• Today from this post date will be given to enter the tournament. If you have not registered or contacted me in some form with your desire to register before midnight (PST) on March 28th you will not be able to enter the tournament (it’s okay though, you can catch the 2v2 tournament – coming soon)
Information I need from participants ---- EMail this information to Ozrileally@gmail.com
• What class will you play (can enter more than one class)
• Name of character and rank of that character
• When you are available to participate in the tournament? (Please list all times in the Pacific time zone)
Please list all days and times during a normal week when you can participate.
• How, when, and what you will use to pay for the entry fee and if you would like to donate anything to the tournament.
How to enter the Tournament
• I will coordinate this all through my Minstrel (Valiancy) and my Black Arrow (Derkopfer).
• When a vent channel has been chosen to use, it will be posted on this forum and I will be logged into that channel anytime I am playing until the tournament is over.
• Use that vent channel to contact me to enter the tournament or send me a tell in-game. I will mostly be on my Warleader and will only really switch to my minstrel to collect entry fees/donations from Freep participants, check mail, etc.
• You can send a mail request to my minstrel with your entry fee and the information needed to compete.
• A reply to this post with the necessary information can be used to enter as well.
I hope to get a lot of interest here and I am willing to take comments and suggestions on how to improve this process in the future. Thank you to everyone who participates. And if you don’t want to participate but would like to donate some reward money/items it is definitely welcomed.