We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandervahn View Post
    But it does the same with the relics. New(er) players are cash-strapped on every front. They dont have the relic backlog of seasoned players. They dont have the money or marks to buy the high tier relics and other legendary accessories. They dont have the money to meld a trillion low-tier relics into high-tier ones. There is nothing wrong with making things easier for the seasoned players, but my personal feeling is that the equilibrium is off.
    But those same players don't need to have all T9 relics in a maxed out LI. I generally don't move money around from character to character, making each one earn his own way. My characters don't have problems with money. I realize that my level 54 hunter doesn't need high level relics. T5 or T6- which cost very little to meld- are just fine for his LI's. For my characters in the 60's it's T6 or T7, again, not costing much in comparison to what they make. They upgrade the tier as they level up and make more money. By the time they get to cap they are sitting on well over 100 gold with the T9 relics melded and ready to go. It uses a bit of pacing and common sense, and not thinking that a character needs to have everything maxed out from the first moment they can get it.

In short- new players & low level characters don't need the money. They'll be able to get it as they level up and earn it, and won't have problems if they pay a little attention. A far greater problem is the large number of vets sitting on over 1000 gold and getting that out of their hands.
    Firefoot: Elendale (hunter) Galorlas (champ) Grimlaff (warden) Corny (warg)

Run school for gold you get 3 gold in 10 minutes and it is extremely easy at 85. Plus you have a chance at a gold item and selling the teals for more gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandervahn View Post
    But it does the same with the relics. New(er) players are cash-strapped on every front. They dont have the relic backlog of seasoned players. They dont have the money or marks to buy the high tier relics and other legendary accessories.
    By the time a player is max level, the money accumulated should be enough to manage those relic costs. I set out to use t4 relics while leveling. Hitting 60, I've upped my goal to t6 or so, but I don't switch to a new weapon as often as some might. The difference in each step is way too small to motivate going much higher than 5 or 6 on a leveling weapon. I've never seen advice to new players say anything other than "stick to midrange relics while leveling, and head higher when you're making your 'for keeps'-weapon at max level".

Relics

You should do what I do. Do not even bother with relics beyond tier 4 or 5. I use no relics beyond 4. Most of my used relics are level 3 or lower. I have no problem getting through the game with the weapons I have so why bother going for higher tier relics?
    To be honest I hate the entire LI system. The whole concept of destroying hundreds of items to make one that is a little better than those destroyed is just nonsensical.
    Orchrist and Glamdring were not made in this fashion. The whole system needs to be trashed and changed to a top tier weaponsmith item composed of extremely rare items. Make it Middle Earth, not MMO money sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberrill View Post
    You should do what I do. Do not even bother with relics beyond tier 4 or 5. I use no relics beyond 4. Most of my used relics are level 3 or lower. I have no problem getting through the game with the weapons I have so why bother going for higher tier relics?
    To be honest I hate the entire LI system. The whole concept of destroying hundreds of items to make one that is a little better than those destroyed is just nonsensical.
    Orchrist and Glamdring were not made in this fashion. The whole system needs to be trashed and changed to a top tier weaponsmith item composed of extremely rare items. Make it Middle Earth, not MMO money sink.
    I was deep into the Ettenmoors. You want as good as you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberrill View Post
    Orchrist and Glamdring were not made in this fashion. [...]
    Thank you! Been sayin' this for years. Though, of course, getting rid of them will NEVER happen -- that would mean redesigning the character system instead, and Turbine's collective head would explode.

L.I.'s suck. They always did. You're now seeing what happens when bad design progresses through 4 expansions.

I don't think it's bad design. I like them.

There.
    LotRO videos! [url]https://www.youtube.com/user/michaelotte54/[/url]
    15.2 Beta roaming threats [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWigcgKf1CQ[/url]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2