We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Consider Lowering Your Abnormal Relic Combination Costs

In all honestly, Turbine, why don't YOU try combining lots of relics WITHOUT your infinite cash hacks. GOOD luck, my friends.

Now lower the cost, it's a bit ridiculous.

If you're getting the end-game tier relics, then really, it shouldn't cost much compared to your cash intake, just say, doing the riddermark isengraf daily, sell the ore, or you might get a tarnished crest, even the junk gives you a nice amount of cash. Unless youa re doing a mass combining time, where you combine a lot of relics, this really shouldn't be a problem, I've never had it as a problem, and I don't even raid.

As such a large percentage of people abused the system and farmed whatever instances for... Whatever items, and indirectly started swimming in rediculous amounts of gold and apparently wrecked the economy, I seriously doubt that Turbine will ever lower any ingame costs any time soon.

Before they go and remove it... do you know any other viable gold sink in this game?

Certainly not repairs, not potions, not crafting side-mats, not stable fees...

I spent over 50 gold yesterday combining up my relics on one of my characters, leaving her with only 30 gold left... yeah, it can be a bit rough, but what else are you going to spend the gold on? It IS, however, the only true money sink at endgame, where the gold flows in a never-ending, bountiful harvest, so as long as you keep playing it shouldn't cripple you too much. It's when you take a break from instancing and resource-gathering that money starts to be an issue (it used to be a huge issue for PvMPers, which is why they made it so you never have to repair in the Ettenmoors).
    Narlinde, level 100 Minstrel, Rank 11, Member of Trucido ~ Windfola

Quote Originally Posted by Graycient View Post
    In all honestly, Turbine, why don't YOU try combining lots of relics WITHOUT your infinite cash hacks. GOOD luck, my friends.

What an extremely antagonistic way to ask for a simple request. Do you really expect it to be taken seriously when you phrase it like this?

Relic combining is as far as i can tell, the best gold sink we have in the game. I appreciate the costs of Auto-Combining all the way up to tier 8 and above. I only make tier 8 relics for obvious reasons, and cost isnt one of them. Not much of a difference between tier 8 and tier 9 relics, other than the uniquely crafted relics and the ones we can make using several existing relics to form a totally cool one.

Keep the gold sink in place plz Turbine. Its a healthy thing.

Quote Originally Posted by PerinStone View Post
    What an extremely antagonistic way to ask for a simple request. Do you really expect it to be taken seriously when you phrase it like this?
    Yes. Seeing as they have ignored dozens of requests for it in the past, I see a reason for demanding.

It is very expensive to combine relics I agree, but only if you are combing lots of them. At the moment that is very easy to do because many of the instances/raids can be farmed very quickly, which results in gaining a very large number of relics. I calculated the other night that to combine only the tier 5 relics I have on just one of my toons would cost me 123 gold! I have simply acquired so many relics that it is prohibitively expensive to combine them.

Having said all that I do not think the cost should be lowered; for two reasons. The first is that the cost really only becomes exceptionally high when large volumes are involved, which is a by product of how easy they are to acquire. In other words it is not the price that needs fixing as much as it is the acquisition rate. Secondly, as others have pointed out, there really aren't many effective gold sinks in the game and this happens to be one of them. Combine that with the fact that gold is very easy to obtain and there does need to be some mechanism for effectively drawing currency out of the system.
    Last edited by MrWarg; Mar 24 2013 at 11:50 PM.
    [URL="http://theartofwarg.com/"]@theartofwarg[/URL]

With the ridiculous amount of inflation in the game, this is not a problem in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferthcott View Post
    Before they go and remove it... do you know any other viable gold sink in this game?

There is a difference between gold sink and overkill. I did relics today and went from 50g to 2 gold, all of my relics were form deconning about 18 lvl 60 3rd age weapons. I had done another 30g of combines the night before. 78 gold got me 4 relics.

It seems a little steep for what it is, and highest tiers are by far the worst.

Also you have to look ad relic combo crit scrolls as a factor of cost, they last 15 mins and cost 795 TP. I had some free ones and all those combines didn't even take up half a scroll, so to get your TP worth you need to have probably 200g worth of combines on hand.

As for what else I might spend gold on? There are plenty of expensive crafted things for sure, but with no gold I guess relic combines is all I will ever be spending it on.

Unless you farm a ridiculous number of lower level mobs that actually drop loot then its easy to go broke on relic combo. Most of the level 80+ mobs have had their loot removed. I went to fangorn the other day to farm orcs. I must have killed 80+ before realizing not one dropped any loot. There was another place I used to hit up it had its loot removed. SO every couple days I hop on the warden hit up Moria instances and sell the rep rewards. Truth be told you'll go broke farming on level mobs due to the loot removal. thanks exploiters lol

ever consider selling some relics on the AH? you don't have to deconstruct them all if you need the cash.

You want the cheapest route to a tier 8 relic? It will still cost you, but not the added fee of deconstructing an actual LI.

Go to Moria. Farm anything past lvl 57 for mobs. Closer to a lvl 60 mob in Moria, or even in Lothlorien, is more ideal. Get the bartar tokens and walk over to your class legendary item trader. Go to the last page and scroll down. Bartar 1 token for 2 tier 1 relic packs. 25 bartar tokens = 50 tier 1 relic packs and that translates into roughly 700 tier 1 relics. Auto-combine all the way up, and if you are lucky that will net you between 1 and 3 tier 8 relics.

You still pay a lot as you combine them, but you are not being double-whammy'ed by deconstructing an expensive LI into its base relics and then combining them which is literally double the cost. Cheaper to decon a tier 1 relic pack than it is to decon a lvl 85 LI.

See you all in Moria.

Combining relics costs money? I never noticed that before.

I trade the dwarf tools (I think it is? been on a different server a few weeks) for the T1's, but for me the best deal is the Skirmish Camp, where they are 7 marks each. I get enough to buy 100 as I go along (doing a few solo skirmishes), and auto combine those. I don't exactly spend much time over it (too busy with alts and crafting), but my Champion at level 63 (my highest level character, and resource gatherer for my crafters) has approaching 19,000 shards, and a good stack of T6 relics which I am building up to go on with. I tried the crafting route for salvage items, but it seems very wasteful of resources for what you get in return (to me anyway, the returns just don't warrant it).

I unlocked all the LI slots on him as well, which are filled, but I was under the impression that the optimum level for salvaging them was when they hit level 51? That may be wrong, but will see, and test a few for myself at some point.

While my experience with LI's is very limited, so far it seems a pretty decent system (and I say that as somebody that's considerably unenthusiastic about 'gear progression/inflation' in games - after long experience, I think it's a very big and counter-productive mistake).
    Last edited by WychHazel; Mar 25 2013 at 07:32 AM. Reason: typo on level of Champion

5 Hytbold dailys take about 40-50 mins with 38 silver reward per instance. If you have a few alts that means you are stuck with only having time to do those instances, so its not possible since they got the loot removed to at least get some gold from the mobs

So the typical responses by those that have thousands in gold to waste that farmed the instances for hours on end, who in turn caused the loot removal. So normal players can no longer get the gold to do the basic required upgrades to relics when the only option is the Hytbold daily as we have no choice. No way to get more rep / no way to get decent armour without the Hytbold dailys.

I agree with OP. The prices at higher tiers are really too high. I know the prices have been decreased last year, but still 400-800s per relics combine for T7,T8 is way too much.

It doesn't matter if there are ways to get gold easily or not (and be able to pay for the forging), the exponential costs for higher tiers is insane, quite simply because the relics don't get better exponentially with higher tiers. Only that would justify the prices going up exponentially.

i just combine lots of relics and spend about 150g. Now i have 42k shards. Making money these days are so easy, so turbine dont need change anything. If you do one annuminas instance run, it take 8-12min and you get 5g per run.

So what else are you going to use as a gold sink at end game? Are you just going to continue to let people stockpile huge hordes of gold with no way to remove it or spend it?

And are you really having that hard a time getting gold? Having to farm mobs for it? If you just do the quests and instances you'll be getting plenty, even if you're a spend thrift. And then if you sell extra mats you acquire along the way you should have a small horde.

I'm a pretty casual player- on a good week I get to play for about 6 hours, spread over 2 maybe 3 days. And I've got 3 characters that have over 100 gold each with maxed relics on their LI's. Getting gold is not a problem, especially at end game. If you're not getting more gold than you know what to do with, then I have to wonder what you're doing...

So sorry, I'm going to have to disagree with the OP- leave the relic costs at they are. If anything they need more gold sinks in the game, not removing/ reducing the only one they have. And especially in the face of "demands" with no reasoning given along with them.
    Firefoot: Elendale (hunter) Galorlas (champ) Grimlaff (warden) Corny (warg)

I'm sure they'll get right on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferthcott View Post

So what else are you going to use as a gold sink at end game? Are you just going to continue to let people stockpile huge hordes of gold with no way to remove it or spend it?
    Try the Auction House.

Try the Auction House.
    Which, while being something a play can spend gold on, doesn't actually remove any amount of money from the game. Gold sinks are needed, or inflation becomes completely ridiculous, putting everything on the AH out of reach for new players.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadd_EU View Post
    Which, while being something a play can spend gold on, doesn't actually remove any amount of money from the game. Gold sinks are needed, or inflation becomes completely ridiculous, putting everything on the AH out of reach for new players.
    But it does the same with the relics. New(er) players are cash-strapped on every front. They dont have the relic backlog of seasoned players. They dont have the money or marks to buy the high tier relics and other legendary accessories. They dont have the money to meld a trillion low-tier relics into high-tier ones. There is nothing wrong with making things easier for the seasoned players, but my personal feeling is that the equilibrium is off.

The AH btw takes its fair share of sales through a percentage of sales price (10%?). I understand the idea of taking money out of the game. The trouble is that Turbines steps in that direction dont scale.

One way to get the money rotation under control would be a wealth-based cost system - like taxation in reality. One could think about that upkeep cost for houses, repair costs for gear, travel expenses etc. were based on a percentage of total wealth. Or even a simple constant tax. Lets assume a minimum wealth of levelx1g. Every wealth above that will be taxed with an increasing percentage every week. This would of course require something like a shared bank account, or a way for the game to monitor wealth over all characters on a server.

Another thing could be that Auction house sales were a bit more demanding. The listing price of items is based on their vendor value. Tarnished symbols have a vendor value of 4 silver. Why? Noone is ever going to sell them to vendors. This completely arbitrary price does not reflect the value of the item. The next option is to grab a larger selling fee on high-priced items.

All of these measures are not perfect of course.
    Last edited by Vandervahn; Mar 28 2013 at 07:56 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast