We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

prop..

Just browsing through the forums and ran across this and all i can say is PROPS on having a dev that actually seems to care about your class. Supposedly over in Guardianland we have a dev but since the one 'hi' post its been quiet as a ghost town over there when it comes to a dev and we've had/have some pretty big issues we'd like some feedback on. oh well. Guess we shouldn't be surprised, this isn't anything different than our last dev....yay us.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000000a6424/01003/signature.png]Carthir[/charsig]

RockX is offline The Lord of the Rings Online Team
    Turbine, Inc.
    While I certainly understand it can be frustrating to see posts in one section and not in another, that doesn't mean the devs responsible for the other classes don't care.

I just really enjoy communicating on the forums, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by RockX View Post
    While I certainly understand it can be frustrating to see posts in one section and not in another, that doesn't mean the devs responsible for the other classes don't care.

I just really enjoy communicating on the forums, that's all.
    I think a good way to fix the cloak would be to continue having it proc only from Words of Courage, but increase the chance for it to kick in. 15% is a little too low for a Words of Courage proc, as that would force Captains who want to maintain the buff to almost have to spam it, and that would really hurt our game play.

Maybe knock it up to 25% or 50% and I think it would be golden. That way it can still provide added value to using Words of Courage without forcing Captains interested in the buff to have to focus too much on a single ability. Least in my opinion ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    I think a good way to fix the cloak would be to continue having it proc only from Words of Courage, but increase the chance for it to kick in. 15% is a little too low for a Words of Courage proc, as that would force Captains who want to maintain the buff to almost have to spam it, and that would really hurt our game play.

Maybe knock it up to 25% or 50% and I think it would be golden. That way it can still provide added value to using Words of Courage without forcing Captains interested in the buff to have to focus too much on a single ability. Least in my opinion ^^
    You're changing nothing but the numbers. WoC would still be a required skill in your rotation to get any benefit from the items. I highly disagree on that setup, and hopefully RockX agrees given the answer you quoted. Most of our healing skills are directly or indirectly connecting to slashing an enemy, and that is the proper way of healing!

Actually, having it do a percent proc on any HoT tick for a captain would be ideal.

For that to work (and not be up 24/7), it would probably need to be a lower percentage.
    Last edited by Almagnus1; Apr 08 2013 at 08:56 PM.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Quote Originally Posted by Elrantiri View Post
    You're changing nothing but the numbers. WoC would still be a required skill in your rotation to get any benefit from the items. I highly disagree on that setup, and hopefully RockX agrees given the answer you quoted. Most of our healing skills are directly or indirectly connecting to slashing an enemy, and that is the proper way of healing!
    I was just trying to be compromising, and I see nothing wrong with the cloak encouraging Captains to use Words of Courage regularly as long as it doesn't force them to spam it or anything like that. If you tie the cloak to our melee healing abilities also (which I'm not really against) it would make this cloak extremely powerful - and might invite a nerf.
    Last edited by Jeremi; Apr 11 2013 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Almagnus1 View Post
    Actually, having it do a percent proc on any HoT tick for a captain would be ideal.

For that to work (and not be up 24/7), it would probably need to be a lower percentage.
    If this was aimed at me (which it probably was, since you leap at the chance to disagree with me every chance you get lol) I meant only on the initial Words of Courage. Not the pulses that tick afterwards, which is why I suggested increasing the percentage.

I was just trying to be compromising, and I see nothing wrong with the cloak encouraging Captains to use Words of Courage regularly. If you tie the cloak to our melee healing abilities also (which I'm not really against) it would make this cloak extremely powerful - and might invite a nerf.
    You use the word 'encouraging' when the real word to use is 'requiring'. At the moment you don't have a choice - if you want to have a shot at getting the buff, you absolutely have to use WoC. Had there been a 15% chance from WoC and 5% chance on other healing skills we could agree on 'encouraging' WoC above other skills, but that is not the case here.

You use the word 'encouraging' when the real word to use is 'requiring'. At the moment you don't have a choice - if you want to have a shot at getting the buff, you absolutely have to use WoC. Had there been a 15% chance from WoC and 5% chance on other healing skills we could agree on 'encouraging' WoC above other skills, but that is not the case here.
    When I said encourage I meant that Captains who are interested in maintaining the outgoing healing buff would want to use Words of Courage more and I see nothing wrong with that. It would give more value to the skill. But like I said, I have no problem with them expanding it to our melee healing abilities as long as it doesn't require them to nerf the cloak's added effect. If it does however, I would prefer them keep it attached to Words of Courage.

That doesn't bode well for the captains.... especially when they do a rotation where every third skill is WoC (WoC's cooldown is about 1.5 skills long, if I remember correctly).
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Hey RockX,

Any update on when this will be fixed? Will cloaks obtained previously we updated?

Cas
    Viva Lotro!

When I said encourage I meant that Captains who are interested in maintaining the outgoing healing buff would want to use Words of Courage more and I see nothing wrong with that. It would give more value to the skill. But like I said, I have no problem with them expanding it to our melee healing abilities as long as it doesn't require them to nerf the cloak's added effect. If it does however, I would prefer them keep it attached to Words of Courage.
    All you did here was exchange 'encourage' with 'would want' as if you don't understand the issue here. Right now you are required to use WoC, you must use WoC, you absolutely have to use WoC if you want that buff. Using words like 'encourage' or 'would want' here for this buff is completely and utterly wrong.

All you did here was exchange 'encourage' with 'would want' as if you don't understand the issue here. Right now you are required to use WoC, you must use WoC, you absolutely have to use WoC if you want that buff. Using words like 'encourage' or 'would want' here for this buff is completely and utterly wrong.

Elrantiri, having a 10% buff to outgoing healing attached to words of courage would encourage people to use Words of Courage if they obtain the cloak. I don't know why you have such a problem with the use of the word encourage here, but it offended you somehow I apologize ^^

Elrantiri, having a 10% buff to outgoing healing attached to words of courage would encourage people to use Words of Courage if they obtain the cloak. I don't know why you have such a problem with the use of the word encourage here, but it offended you somehow I apologize ^^
    Why would I be offended? I'm just stating you're using the wrong word here because it's going against the point that several people in this thread are trying to make. The whole issue with the current proc on the cloak is that WoC is required to be part of your rotation if you want the buff, it is not only encouraged.

Why would I be offended? I'm just stating you're using the wrong word here because it's going against the point that several people in this thread are trying to make. The whole issue with the current proc on the cloak is that WoC is required to be part of your rotation if you want the buff, it is not only encouraged.
    I understood that it is currently required to use Words of Courage to activate the buff on the cloak. That's why I said it would encourage Captains who want to maintain the buff to use Words of Courage. I don't understand your beef with the word I used I'm sorry.

RockX is offline The Lord of the Rings Online Team
    Turbine, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyote503 View Post
    Hey RockX,

Any update on when this will be fixed? Will cloaks obtained previously we updated?

Cas
    Existing cloaks should update. As for when it'll go Live, I'm not sure. It's been fixed on my end, but I don't know the specifics of the release schedule.

Existing cloaks should update. As for when it'll go Live, I'm not sure. It's been fixed on my end, but I don't know the specifics of the release schedule.
    Urock!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000c7eb3/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

It's pretty nice to actually see some work being done on this! Though, it would be nicer still if after 200 something runs I was able to get it haha. One day ...
    [center][b]Belthorien[/b][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by MasterWarden View Post
    It's pretty nice to actually see some work being done on this! Though, it would be nicer still if after 200 something runs I was able to get it haha. One day ...
    I've ran fornost 400-500 times just for that cloak and stilll no luck. I know how you feel
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/07206000000122a48/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Ancient Captain of Windfola

Quote Originally Posted by ApplepieGooddog View Post
    I've ran fornost 400-500 times just for that cloak and stilll no luck. I know how you feel
    I am very lucky i got that cloak from about the 10th Fornost i did. It was a Shadow t2c.
    And what you said and did is, i believe, one more reason to consider a suggestion like this one:
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...41#post6763741

And i have been in u11 beta just now and i can confirm the cloak is now procing as it says it does and it is great.
    I have gotten proces out of WoC, Inspire, VS, RC and traited MC too!
    Proc chance reduced to 10%, time of buff 20s, no c/d and renewable on every proc like stats or crit.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e2150000000775b8/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Pero_the_Cappy View Post
    I have gotten proces out of WoC, Inspire, VS, RC and traited MC too!
    Proc chance reduced to 10%, time of buff 20s, no c/d and renewable on every proc like stats or crit.
    If it procs on all of that it's probably a good thing they lowered the chance, otherwise the buff would be up literally the whole time. I'm thinking we could easily keep it up at least 50% of the time even at a 10% chance, depending on the frequency of defeat responses.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Question Update?

Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    If it procs on all of that it's probably a good thing they lowered the chance, otherwise the buff would be up literally the whole time. I'm thinking we could easily keep it up at least 50% of the time even at a 10% chance, depending on the frequency of defeat responses.
    How about an update? I have this cloak in storage until I know the buff is working as intended? Is it now working as intended on the live server? Thanks for any and all information!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b22500000002414c/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by TheDisasterman View Post
    How about an update? I have this cloak in storage until I know the buff is working as intended? Is it now working as intended on the live server? Thanks for any and all information!
    It'll be fixed tomorrow (may 13th) on the live servers along with the wyrmfire mender ring, based on the bullroarer release notes. But everything is subject to change!

Quote Originally Posted by Nydhogg View Post
    It'll be fixed tomorrow (may 13th) on the live servers along with the wyrmfire mender ring, based on the bullroarer release notes. But everything is subject to change!
    +1. I will leave it until after the update. Thank you!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b22500000002414c/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2