We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

I need a little help.

Okay. Here is the problem:

The year is 2013. I love playing the game. I'm a non-vip. I thought it might be fun to order the expansion pack. I live in a fairly isolated place so I thought I would order online. I ended up comparing things and purchased this: http://www.amazon.com/The-Lord-Rings...expansion+pack

I got the package. I downloaded the game from the website. I then went to the turbine website and entered everything. It worked fine. However when I try using the product I bought it doesn't work. It says the worlds are closed. I can't enter the world but I can do everything up to it.

I would really appreciate some help. It would be very nice.

Thank you,

LuftQuinn

There is two possible problems that I can think off.

1) Did you buy a used copy of Moria? If so, the key in the box might have been used before by the previous owner. As each key can only be used a single time, your key would then not be valid anymore. If your copy was unused (e.g. still sealed in the original foil wrapping) then this should not be a problem.

2) Check the box for a CodeMasters logo. If there is one (in addition to the Turbine logo), the key is not valid anymore. If there is only a Turbine logo on the box but no CodeMasters logo, the key should be valid.
    CodeMasters used to run the European servers for LotRO, but Turbine took over those servers in 2011. There is still some unused CodeMasters boxes on the market, but Turbine will not accept the keys in those boxes.

In either case you should still be able to access the game though. Without a valid Moria key you can still play other content you have unlocked.

Quote Originally Posted by LuftQuinn View Post
    I then went to the turbine website and entered everything. It worked fine. However when I try using the product I bought it doesn't work. It says the worlds are closed. I can't enter the world but I can do everything up to it.
    Also 2 remarks from my side here:
    • Did you enter the codes at myaccount.turbine.com? That's the only site where you should enter codes to add an expansion to your account.
    • When you say "the worlds are closed", do you mean you can log in but cannot pick a server while still in the launcher program? If that's the case, the servers are down for maintenance. If not, please specify where you are stuck exactly.
    Hope this helps!
    Fordil of Landroval, Minstrel officer of The Alliance

Check out my Guide for New Players: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?507561-GUIDE-New-to-LOTRO-hints-and-tips

Quote Originally Posted by LuftQuinn View Post
    Okay. Here is the problem:

The year is 2013. I love playing the game. I'm a non-vip. I thought it might be fun to order the expansion pack. I live in a fairly isolated place so I thought I would order online. I ended up comparing things and purchased this: http://www.amazon.com/The-Lord-Rings...expansion+pack

I got the package. I downloaded the game from the website. I then went to the turbine website and entered everything. It worked fine. However when I try using the product I bought it doesn't work. It says the worlds are closed. I can't enter the world but I can do everything up to it.
    Have you tried this again today? It's possible you tried to play the game at the time it was down for the hotfix.

I REALLY hope you did NOT create a new account and apply your Moria key to that... assuming you wanted to play using your existing characters! If so, you will need to call Turbine account services and they can fix it for you.
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

I know this is not a solution to your problem.
    It's just a comment about your purchase

I noticed the link you posted has MoM at $22.95

You were ripped off

Most normal retailers who are still selling the MoM Expac sell it at $15 or less

You would have been better off buying Turbine Points and getting the Expansion that way

Not to mention you would have nothing to download
    You would have received the Expac key immediately with instructions on how to activate

If you have Lotro installed, then you already have every part of the game installed
    You only need a keycode to unlock that particular bit
    HAF-X | ROG Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | 64Gb RAM | R9 390 8Gb (x2) | LG BD-RE | 512GB Samsung 960 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD | Win10 Pro | WEI - 9.8

If you read the reviews from the page that you listed and look at the 1 star (the worst) review it sais that it is the European copy of the game.<br><br>European was closed down several years ago, you got ripped off, that copy will not work for anything.

Someone from Turbine needs to contact Amazon about this.

If it were either a problem with a used key or a Codemasters key, those problems would have come up when entering the code at Turbine's site, not when starting the game. If myaccount.turbine.com accepted the code ok, then the code is good. I don't know what the problem is, but I don't think it's the sort of problem most of these replies have been talking about.

(The 1-star review that talked about getting a Codemasters version was a complaint about Galactics, the third party retailer that reviewer got his copy from. Amazon is listing the Turbine US version, but Galactics sent the Codemasters version instead. You can get your money back when the item provided is not the one ordered, as happened to the guy who wrote that review. I don't think it's what happened for LuftQuinn, however.)

Oh, and I disagree with Malindruel about $22.95 being a ripoff. The month of VIP access alone is worth around $10 or $15, so getting the MoM box for $23 is like getting the expansion itself for $8 or $13. Even the digital version of MoM costs $20 (or 2495 TP) and that's without the month of VIP access you get with the boxed version.