We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

DPS on legendary melee weapons

Hi all,
    the following is one of those questions that despite the apparent obviousness of the answer, it sticks on my head seeking confirmations.

Does the DPS on legendary melee weapons apply only on the melee weapon itself, therefore only on melee skills, or does it improves the overall DPS?

On all this time I always given for granted that it apply only on the melee weapon itself and since for the sake of practicality* I only use the ranged skills even on melee range, I always ignored it and spent the points on other legacies.

Have I been right or wrong?

Thanks in advance.

*while I occasionally do a review of my rotation, traits, etc. to spot potential major improvements, being a casual player I am not an hardcore min-maxer.
    Difious - member of the Dark Sith Lords's community.

Quote Originally Posted by Difious View Post
    Hi all,
    the following is one of those questions that despite the apparent obviousness of the answer, it sticks on my head seeking confirmations.

Does the DPS on legendary melee weapons apply only on the melee weapon itself, therefore only on melee skills, or does it improves the overall DPS?

On all this time I always given for granted that it apply only on the melee weapon itself and since for the sake of practicality* I only use the ranged skills even on melee range, I always ignored it and spent the points on other legacies.

Have I been right or wrong?
    It only applies to that Legendary Melee Weapon just as the DPS on a bow/crossbow only applies to the bow/crossbow. If you never find yourself being near a mob for meleeing then feel free to keep doing what you're doing and don't put points into it.

I, however, have always been in plenty of situations where melee helps a lot. You can toss a low-cut between Rain of Arrows when AoEing mobs. I put Low-Cut bleed chance legacy on my melee weapon and also AoE targets. Makes for a lot of combo melee and ranged AoE dps.

There's also situations like Battle for Erebor where raid leaders will want you to be on a melee only boss (i.e. reduced incoming ranged damage buff on the mob). So it's not always smart to neglect dps on your melee weapon.
    Chromite (Hunter) - Grumbletocks (Guardian) on Landroval, Appendage (Hunter) on Brandywine

ChromiteSwiftpaw,
    thanks for the answer.
    Difious - member of the Dark Sith Lords's community.