We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Game Error [34894812]

Well after 3 days of trying to download+install the patch(10+ tries REALLY!) I finally managed it don't ask how.
    BUT now another problem I can't login because I get a game Error. So plz someone help and know how to fix this one?

Game Error [34894812]

Can't open the data files. Check that they exist and that you have permission to write to them. The program will now exit. [PlatformStringID_DatFile_Error]
    Last edited by FabiHobs; Mar 22 2013 at 09:56 AM.

tried again different game error number same text..

Game Error [34894812]

so not Game Error 34919388
    Last edited by FabiHobs; Mar 22 2013 at 09:57 AM.

I'm seeing the same issue. This whole process has been quite annoying and the only information I've seen about this has not been from the game developers. I know this is a free to play game, but they're making it very difficult for me to choose to buy expansions or any other purchasable part of the game.

The OSX installer from the website doesn't work. ( That would be nice information to have on the download page or the support page for that matter). So you can download it from Steam. I did that. That worked fine except for the game wouldn't update. Turns out you have to change the app name to remove the 'TM'. Which, by the way, breaks steam support. ( Side note, Why they decided to put special characters in a file name is beyond me. That's asking for trouble. ) But so what, I make a shortcut to the renamed executable.

So now I'm able to get all the updates ( This took a whole day as it was over 20GB ). I go to play the game a day later and I can't log in. I get a Game Error 34882524.

I really want to give this game a chance, but at this point I'd rather give $15 to Blizzard and actually spend my free time playing.

Code:
    Game Error 34882524 

Can't open the data files. Check that they exist and
    that you have the permission to write to them. The
    program will now exit.
    [PlatformStringID_DataFile_Error]

Quote Originally Posted by Deschwann View Post
    I'm seeing the same issue. This whole process has been quite annoying and the only information I've seen about this has not been from the game developers. I know this is a free to play game, but they're making it very difficult for me to choose to buy expansions or any other purchasable part of the game.

The OSX installer from the website doesn't work. ( That would be nice information to have on the download page or the support page for that matter). So you can download it from Steam. I did that. That worked fine except for the game wouldn't update. Turns out you have to change the app name to remove the 'TM'. Which, by the way, breaks steam support. ( Side note, Why they decided to put special characters in a file name is beyond me. That's asking for trouble. ) But so what, I make a shortcut to the renamed executable.
    Assorted comments: 1- For answers to most Mac Client questions visit: http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Mac_Client

2- While the Mac Client is an "official release" from Turbine, it has not been changed since the Riders of Rohan beta (in July 2012) and is still full of bugs... which Turbine has failed to acknowledge, let alone fix.

3- The PMB downloader (lotro.com) is broken because of Java... and Apple's decision to follow Homeland Security's recommendation that it be disabled. So far, Pando has claimed that they don't use Java for anything but the GUI... so it should still work.... duh. You can't install the GUI, hence the PMB downloader doesn't work.

4- As far as removing the "tm" -- yeah, that fix works for some people some of the time, but not for everyone most of the time.

5- As far as Steam is concerned... they care even less about things than does Turbine.

6- So far, the only "consistent" support (such as it is) for the Mac Client is found here on this Forum. And, I'm the only one who regularly reads and responds on the Steam forums! Nobody from Steam (Valve) has ever once responded.

Quote Originally Posted by Deschwann View Post
    So now I'm able to get all the updates ( This took a whole day as it was over 20GB ). I go to play the game a day later and I can't log in. I get a Game Error 34882524.

I really want to give this game a chance, but at this point I'd rather give $15 to Blizzard and actually spend my free time playing.

Code:
    Game Error 34882524 

Can't open the data files. Check that they exist and
    that you have the permission to write to them. The
    program will now exit.
    [PlatformStringID_DataFile_Error]
    1- put the tm back and see what happens
    2- check the permissions information at: http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Mac_...single_machine

Part of the issue has to do with communications networking problems. From what I have seen of posts and the like, if you have a slow or intermittent link, or one with many re-tries, you WILL have problems.
    Bill Magill Mac Player
    (OTG)
    Val - Man Minstrel (90)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (69)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (105)
    Valanne - Beorning (90)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
    Valhad - Elf LM (65)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (86)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (70)
    Valanne - Beorning (92)