We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Why do people hate each other on PvP?

I always see people corpse jumping others, ganking 1v1's and calling each other bad names on OOC or Glff channel. Why can't we all get along?

you sir, are a freep loving hippie.
    RAWR!!!

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160000000feb0f/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Because everyone fails on all their toons.

Including you and me Gall.

No QQ on your channel.
    The Fungus-Infested-Tumor-Ridden-Royal-Spiderwarg has come online.
    First r12 Spiderwarg. - Veenom

Honestly, I think the problem with everyone hating in PvP right now is just a "moors sickness". I can personally say that back when I freeped consistently, I had a tendency to very angry at the smallest things out there. Now that I have been PvEing for awhile it seems to have cleared my mind. I came out the past few days and didn't get nearly as mad about getting ganked/CJed/P2W/etc as I used to. I honestly think it's best for people to take a short break every once and a while.
    [Jonp - Rank 11 Hunter] [Garaluk - Rank 9 Reaver]

When you enter the ettenmoors. Be prepared to die no matter where you roam.

All is fair in love and war.

I mean.. I get drunk and jump online and gank 1v1s if I feel that creeps/freeps are being lame. But mainly to break it up and actually get into some pvp. I don't really hate anyone in game tbh, its only when you start trying to be a hero and get away from the fact that it is a game and things may not go your way all the time, so why not roll a warden and lol yourself to sleep every night
    Officially, Exclusively, Playstyles, Connvicted, Kickkback, Yoloswagkingg.

WHHAAA?!?!?! people don't like each other, aw heck naaww... yall better play nice now ya hear.
    don't hate people hate lag...
    dont hate appreciate
    stop sipping hater-aid
    the potato is in the bobcat i repeat the potato is in the bobcat...

wish i could come back to spread the love with shield bash but my lag kills...
    no QQ in smelly's channel

this message has been brought to you by the letter Q. The letter Q, how would we be lazy while telling people to man up with out it...
    no QQ if u no understand my engrish

MURICA!
    crygin-R11 Warleader, dwarrowdelf

Quote Originally Posted by msr View Post
    WHHAAA?!?!?! people don't like each other, aw heck naaww... yall better play nice now ya hear.
    don't hate people hate lag...
    dont hate appreciate
    stop sipping hater-aid
    the potato is in the bobcat i repeat the potato is in the bobcat...

wish i could come back to spread the love with shield bash but my lag kills...
    no QQ in smelly's channel

this message has been brought to you by the letter Q. The letter Q, how would we be lazy while telling people to man up with out it...
    no QQ if u no understand my engrish

MURICA!
    WTB fund for fixing cry's lag <3
    The Fungus-Infested-Tumor-Ridden-Royal-Spiderwarg has come online.
    First r12 Spiderwarg. - Veenom

Quote Originally Posted by guitarguy12410 View Post
    Honestly, I think the problem with everyone hating in PvP right now is just a "moors sickness". I can personally say that back when I freeped consistently, I had a tendency to very angry at the smallest things out there. Now that U10 is here and freeps are way OP and zerg all the time it seems to have cleared my mind. I came out the past few days and didn't get nearly as mad about getting ganked/CJed/P2W/etc as I used to because like i said before U10 has dropped and all the fail freeps have god mode. I honestly think it's best for people to take a short break every once and a while.
    Fixed it for ya bud.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216010000124716/signature.png]Fantleader[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Fantos View Post
    Fixed it for ya bud.
    Oh Fantos... How I love it when you re-write my posts...

As a side question, how much have you been out since U10 hit? I've barely seen you out freep or creep...
    [Jonp - Rank 11 Hunter] [Garaluk - Rank 9 Reaver]

Was out for a good week or more to see what U10 did...and it did dirty...it hurt my feels.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216010000124716/signature.png]Fantleader[/charsig]

Because you all make me lag.

STAY OUT OF MY MOORS.

I'm trying to quest.
    [highlight][color=black][size=2][B](•_•) Out numbered? Out gunned?
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■) Challenge Accepted[/B][/size][/color][/highlight]

So uhh, is pvp here anything more than rez camping and OP flipping wars?

~Glora
    Glaer, noobwarden of DwarrowDelf

Quote Originally Posted by Glorahealz View Post
    So uhh, is pvp here anything more than rez camping and OP flipping wars?

~Glora
    Yesterday was better than most, aside from the brief grams camp and then brief gv camp.

A full fraid led by Minie apparently busted out of the gv camp while I was finishing some quests in Isendeep. Dritozg and Xik called our raid to lc, because the freeps took hop and we were to meet that fraid there. We met up with Shap's raid and fought the freeps on the east hop bridge.

Stuff happened and the freeps started picking off wargs here and there, until we were definitely being pushed into lc. The npcs at lc helped us out somewhat, but we were still getting pushed hard. The server started having problems, and then my client crashed. I logged back in, only to find myself respawning at the tr rez. Dritozg and I ported to ggrim just when the creeps started pushing out of lc. From what I saw, the push was fast and hard, and was causing the freeps to wipe quickly, which made them decide to take the battle to hoarhollow. We followed them into hoarhollow, causing the lag to skyrocket and the server to threaten disconnects again. More stuff happened, my heals couldn't save Karoc's filer from two rks, two champs, a hunter, and some others. Then we wiped.

I would think the fraid would celebrate that victory and continue fighting, but Minie seemed to have logged, and with her, so did the majority of the others. This left us with two half-craids with nothing to do but zerg the map looking for the full fraid we were wiped by. I feel bad about zerging Shaeri's group, which was likely the remnant of that raid, but we thought the rest of the fraid was with them. Still, that hour and a half of fighting made up for the camping.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21600000005f78b/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

All of today was pretty bad &&& battling. Even if it was lugz rez being camped with a full red map. (irony)

Huge Kudos to those freeps who dont log after a death or two and aren't afraid to fight to the death, you make the moors higher quality.

The inf, and no doubt reknown, flowed like milk and honey today.
    [highlight][color=black][size=2][B](•_•) Out numbered? Out gunned?
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■) Challenge Accepted[/B][/size][/color][/highlight]

It's a shame, cuz of time zones, I don't see peak action on this server...
    Dwarrowdelf-Gothash-R9 Reaver
    @Celedreor-R5 Hunter
    'Naked dwarf on fire. That can't be good.'
    ~ Sapience

I think freeps don't like wargs. I have a warg and freeps hate me

Is this a joke? Smellycat corpse jumped me just last night. He absolutely destroyed me and as I was thinking about just how awesome he was... the corpse jump. (sigh)

PvP rage, particularly open world type rage, has several theoretical roots that many gamers might find to be obvious once outlined. ("Dr." Doomsie brings a semi-academic look to Moors rage, trollolololol)

+Blocked needs satisfaction
    - People participate in PvP to satisfy certain needs, which may be boiled down to achieving autonomy, competence, and relatedness. When individuals feel that their needs are being blocked by uncontrollable circumstances, they become angry. Needs may be blocked by the player's own lack of skills (in-game awareness, skill rotation, keyboard/hotkey/controller competency, etc); by other players limiting their ability to meet needs (e.g. zergs overwhelming them, rez camps, few to no competitors to face at all); the environment not providing expected activities; inability to find/maintain a desired community; etc. Once angry, the individual often tries to identify the sources of their anger, and almost as often, misidentifies sources, or does not (or does not want to) recognize all of the sources. Unpredictability, as open-world PvP often presents, also frustrates players and easily undermines a sense of competence. Trolling undermines autonomy, competence, and/or relatedness as well.

+Game engagement style
    - Do individuals play for fun and quit when it is no longer fun (Harmonious engagement)? Do individuals continue to play for a sense of obligation, even after it is no longer to participate (obsessive engagement)? The latter tends to lead to more rage.

+Level of competitiveness in-game
    -Some research shows that, beyond violent content, the degree of competitiveness in a game contributes to state aggression.

+Human factors (game design/customer service/UI/etc) aspects of a game
    -How well does a game company support its community and in what ways? Is the UI intuitive or feel generally functional to most players? How ambiguous are the Terms of Service? How ambiguous are in-game expectations? How well does a game company manage the sources of player conflict and actually manifested player conflict? Etc. This category does fit a bit into the Needs Satisfaction described above.

+Trolololololol
    -QQGG UMADBRO?

----
    And in conclusion: No QQ or I'll farm you, and less QQ and moar pew pew, muahahaha!
    Last edited by FreaverDoomsie; Apr 17 2013 at 08:49 PM.

Not to be mean or anything, but smelly your the last person I would imagine talk about being nice. But I think it boils down to people being sore losers (me being one of them, I admit) then the flame wars begin.
    Ssupermann: I hate minis, they have satellite lazers

Smelly is the Lord of trolls and this thread proves it.
    [center][color=orange][b]High Chieftain Kamikazee Rank 13 Reaver [/b][/color][/center]
    [center][color=teal][b]Restinpepperonis Rank 9 Weaver [/b][/color][/center]
    [center][color=darkviolet][b]Third Marshal Karoc Rank 12 Champion [/b][/color][/center]

Corpse jumping is a sign of love

I vote for more of it

Smellycat would never corpse jump someone.
    Hurzu R10 Stalker - Bushyasta R7 Warleader
    Sampoo R8 Minstrel

Quote Originally Posted by Duraleigh View Post
    Corpse jumping is a sign of love

I vote for more of it
    Corpse jumping is so old testament.

groundrolling is wayyyy better
    RAWR!!!

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160000000feb0f/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21600000005f78b/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]