We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Looking for opinions about my character-story

Hello there!

I just recently made my very first character on the rp-server Laurelin..
    It's the first time ever that I'm trying to RP, and I hope it will be lots of fun
    I read a lot about elven-lore and the "general" lore, so I hope the background-story for my char is plausible enough..
    Well, I'll just copy&paste it in here:

"Ever since Daedoloth has heard of the ancient Elven Warden of Gondolin, he sought to fulfill the same task and destiny at the border Lothloriens.
    After centuries wielding spear and javelin against goblins and ork-kind, he has become feared among them, and he will not depart towards west, until the dark hordes are finally and forever crushed.
    He is half Sinda, for his father was one of the Sindar who fled to lothlorien after the fall of Eregion, and his mother was one of the Silvan-elves Dorinands.
    His father was killed during the sack of Edhelion defending a few elven younglings, and his mother left Middle-Earth to sail west soon after. Now Daedoloth regards every dwarf he meets with icy hatred.
    During his days as a warden Loriens, he has seen some of his closest friends being killed by the orcs. As a result, he has become somewhat gruffy and even disdainful towards the humans, for he blames Isildur and therefore all mankind for their weak minds, and the still existing dark hordes."

I hope there are no spelling or grammar mistakes in there (I have kinda problem with tenses haha), because english is not my native language.
    He is a rather young elve, so I would explain his "disdain" towards humans, that he has not yet seen them fulfilling good deeds.

I also wanted to ask you if you know why exactly elves are somwhat wary towards dwarves? The only reason I found was the crafting of the Nauglamir, and the "dispute" that followed it. Are there other reasons? (especially for elves of Lorien)

Wish ya all a nice week, and thanks for reading my post

Quote Originally Posted by Maigilion View Post
    Are there other reasons? (especially for elves of Lorien)

Wish ya all a nice week, and thanks for reading my post
    Well, the Elves there didn't approve of the dwarves awakening the Balrog.
    I'd also point out that Eregion was a Noldorin realm, though I think it is not entirely impossible that some Sindar lived there too.

And likewise, have a nice week and welcme to Laurelin!

Hi there Filhy
    Welcome to Laurelin and if you ever venture towards Imladris (Rivendell) please feel free to get in touch for some roleplay with our kinsmen who serve Imladris.

Happy adventuring!
    Khalis - A Captain of Imladris and Maethor of House Vanimar

Quote Originally Posted by Filhy View Post
    Well, the Elves there didn't approve of the dwarves awakening the Balrog.
    I'd also point out that Eregion was a Noldorin realm, though I think it is not entirely impossible that some Sindar lived there too.

And likewise, have a nice week and welcme to Laurelin!
    Ah the Balrog! Well, thanks for the information, I totally forgot it
    As it seems, I got some things wrong.. I thought Harlindon, where Celeborn and Galadriel once have dwelt, and which is populated by Sindarin, is the same as Eregion.. Just looked on a map.. Damn I was wrong.. Well maybe some of the Sindar of Harlindon went to Eregion together with Celeborn and Galadriel.. There must have been some Sindar there for sure (or at least I hope so, haha)