We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    121

    New U10.0.2 relics. Good for Captains?

    New Lv 75 runes:

    True Settings:
    Hill-men- 170 phys mit, 303 B/P/E 1515 Incoming Healing
    Long winter- 7.5% Devasting Magnitude 606 Critical 30 Fate

    True Gems:
    Wizards Vale- 90 ICPR 606 Critical 30 Fate
    Watchwood 303 Critical defense 303 B/P/E 30 Vitality

    True Runes
    First Battle: +10% Parry/Evade mit, 606 Parry, 606 Evade
    Swift-light: 296 Morale, 276 Power, -2.5% Attack duration

    Recalling what was posted before:
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...r-your-Captain

    Settings:
    •Eastemnet Setting of Endings (+7.5% Devastate Magnitude, +646 Critical Rating, +147 ICMR)
    •Eastemnet Setting of Stability (-5% Item Wear, + 323.2 Block, Parry and Evade, +1616 Inc Healing)
    •Eastemnet Setting of Beginnings (+182 Physical Mitigation, +147 ICPR, +30 Vitality)
    •True Setting of the Three Hunters (+7.5% Devastate Magnitude, +646 Physical Mastery, +646 Tactical Mastery, +147 ICPR)
    •True Setting of the North (+330 Morale, +646 Critical Rating, +1616 Inc Healing)

    Gems:
    •Eastemnet Gem of Faith (+10% Partial Parry and Block Mitigation, +646 Block Rating, +30 Might)
    •Eastemnet Gem of Hope (+323 Critical Defence, +330 Morale, +310 Power)
    •Eastemnet Gem of Charity (+182 Tactical Mitigation, +808 Tactical Mastery Rating, +310 Power
    •True Gem of the Rising Moon (+646 Physical and Tactical Mastery, +147 ICPR, +35 Vitality)
    •True Gem of the Twilight (+323 Critical Defence, +242 Tactical Mitigation, +330 Morale)

    Runes:
    •Eastemnet Rune of Courage (+10% Partial Evade and Parry Mitigation, +30 Agility, +646 Parry Rating
    •Eastemnet Rune of Power (+182 Physical Mitigation, +646 Physical and Tactical Mastery, +30 Fate)
    •Eastemnet Rune of Wisdom (-2.5% Attack Duration, +646 Evade Rating, +30 Will)
    •True Rune of the Dark Wood (+242 Physical Mitigation, +330 Morale, +310 Power)
    •True Rune of the White Mountains (-2.5% Attack Duration, +646 Physical and Tactical Mastery, +35 Agility)


    I have considered what was said here about Incoming healing and how + Dev Mag does not help heals, also about how a little evade helps massively total BPE, since evade is not usually affected by dimishied returns on captains, so my new selections is:

    True Setting of the North (+330 Morale, +646 Critical Rating, +1616 Inc Healing) x2
    True Gem of the Wizard's Vale- 90 ICPR 606 Critical 30 Fate x2
    True Rune of the First Battle: +10% Parry/Evade mit, 606 Parry, 606 Evade x2

    I understand that my Rune choice is not ideal in all setups, but covers most of soloing and tanking while adding a lot of survivability to healers as well.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, NY
    Posts
    3,699
    Those actually came out with U10. :P I made the switch to the partial/parry/evade one on both my tank LIs, and I was thinking about using the ICPR/fate/crit ones to replace on any LI I'm using the T9 fate/crit ones on (which is at least two).
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    7,600
    Eh, I'm still sticking with the relics pre U10....

    True Setting of the North (+330 Morale, +646 Critical Rating, +1616 Inc Healing)
    True Gem of the Rising Moon (+646 Physical and Tactical Mastery, +35 Fate, +35 Vitality)
    True Rune of the White Mountains (-2.5% Attack Duration, +646 Physical and Tactical Mastery, +35 Agility)

    Sure, the agility is a **BAD** stat on the rune, but the overall layout is pretty good.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

    Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    121
    Perhaps i should clarify the reasoning for my changes:
    -I am still missing the lost 768 critical from 2 Perseverance, so like TinDragon, my gems were Fate+crit T9, now swapping to Wizard's Vale. Its a minor upgraded in crit and ICPR, but a major gain in criticals compared to Rising Moon.
    - Looking at the Rune slot, i imagine what kind of gear i am replacing when i choose a giving rune. Sure White Mountains is great but it converts to a gear with 65 Might/ 35 agility and -2.5% attack duration. If i said that on a gear, i would never think about equipping it. On the other hand each First Battle increases my evade by almost 33% and my total parry by about 20%. In Parrying 2% more or evading 4% adds up with better parcial P/E mitigations. It is like i suddenly gained 6% more total mitigation. As i said, the Rune choice may not appeal to every role a captain performs, but more frequently better P/E will more than a tid bit higher attacking power. Equipping 2 First battle gives enough avoidances that i can choose a Might Gear over a Vit Gear when livability matters.

    I dont know how Captains are handling the critical issue after U10. I have seen people here talking about using 5 Jewellery slots just for + 768 critical stuff: earrings, bracelets, pocket. Even using Both Settings and gems slots, critical is still far from cap, which in turns forces Captains to make compromises in Cloak/rings slots ( and farm for yellow rings/necklaces) . I decided to go avoidances first, since the cost for each % of P/E in the Rune slot is a lot lower than any other similar compromise i could make. If anything, i lament the loss of the -5% attack duration.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,135
    Quote Originally Posted by Nascephor View Post
    Perhaps i should clarify the reasoning for my changes:
    -I am still missing the lost 768 critical from 2 Perseverance, so like TinDragon, my gems were Fate+crit T9, now swapping to Wizard's Vale. Its a minor upgraded in crit and ICPR, but a major gain in criticals compared to Rising Moon.
    - Looking at the Rune slot, i imagine what kind of gear i am replacing when i choose a giving rune. Sure White Mountains is great but it converts to a gear with 65 Might/ 35 agility and -2.5% attack duration. If i said that on a gear, i would never think about equipping it. On the other hand each First Battle increases my evade by almost 33% and my total parry by about 20%. In Parrying 2% more or evading 4% adds up with better parcial P/E mitigations. It is like i suddenly gained 6% more total mitigation. As i said, the Rune choice may not appeal to every role a captain performs, but more frequently better P/E will more than a tid bit higher attacking power. Equipping 2 First battle gives enough avoidances that i can choose a Might Gear over a Vit Gear when livability matters.

    I dont know how Captains are handling the critical issue after U10. I have seen people here talking about using 5 Jewellery slots just for + 768 critical stuff: earrings, bracelets, pocket. Even using Both Settings and gems slots, critical is still far from cap, which in turns forces Captains to make compromises in Cloak/rings slots ( and farm for yellow rings/necklaces) . I decided to go avoidances first, since the cost for each % of P/E in the Rune slot is a lot lower than any other similar compromise i could make. If anything, i lament the loss of the -5% attack duration.
    Yeah it's not easy to get your defenses up high while maintaining a high critical rating in the process. I ran into this problem on my warden as well. Best you can probably do is around 15% critical chance if you want to have high mitigation/avoidance was my experience.

    Far as the new relics - I kinda like that White Mountain one. The agility isn't ideal, but the mastery bonuses and attack duration are a nice combo I enjoy.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    7,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Nascephor View Post
    Perhaps i should clarify the reasoning for my changes:
    -I am still missing the lost 768 critical from 2 Perseverance, so like TinDragon, my gems were Fate+crit T9, now swapping to Wizard's Vale. Its a minor upgraded in crit and ICPR, but a major gain in criticals compared to Rising Moon.
    - Looking at the Rune slot, i imagine what kind of gear i am replacing when i choose a giving rune. Sure White Mountains is great but it converts to a gear with 65 Might/ 35 agility and -2.5% attack duration. If i said that on a gear, i would never think about equipping it. On the other hand each First Battle increases my evade by almost 33% and my total parry by about 20%. In Parrying 2% more or evading 4% adds up with better parcial P/E mitigations. It is like i suddenly gained 6% more total mitigation. As i said, the Rune choice may not appeal to every role a captain performs, but more frequently better P/E will more than a tid bit higher attacking power. Equipping 2 First battle gives enough avoidances that i can choose a Might Gear over a Vit Gear when livability matters.

    I dont know how Captains are handling the critical issue after U10. I have seen people here talking about using 5 Jewellery slots just for + 768 critical stuff: earrings, bracelets, pocket. Even using Both Settings and gems slots, critical is still far from cap, which in turns forces Captains to make compromises in Cloak/rings slots ( and farm for yellow rings/necklaces) . I decided to go avoidances first, since the cost for each % of P/E in the Rune slot is a lot lower than any other similar compromise i could make. If anything, i lament the loss of the -5% attack duration.
    What I found out with RoI, you absolutely have to either go all in for healing/DPS, or all in for defensive. If you go halfway, it doesn't feel like things work as well. There are exceptions (like PvMP), but that's generally what I've found works best.

    That said, I aimed to hit around 20% critical chance (25% with the 4Red bonus) and 50% outgoing healing, with outgoing healing taking higher precedence than the crit chance.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

    Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by Almagnus1 View Post
    What I found out with RoI, you absolutely have to either go all in for healing/DPS, or all in for defensive. If you go halfway, it doesn't feel like things work as well. There are exceptions (like PvMP), but that's generally what I've found works best.

    That said, I aimed to hit around 20% critical chance (25% with the 4Red bonus) and 50% outgoing healing, with outgoing healing taking higher precedence than the crit chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Almagnus1 View Post
    What I found out with RoI, you absolutely have to either go all in for healing/DPS, or all in for defensive. If you go halfway, it doesn't feel like things work as well. There are exceptions (like PvMP), but that's generally what I've found works best.
    Well, now that armour set bonus changed, so changed this habit of going all in DPS/heal or all in Tank. Not only because sets lost stats bonus, but mainly because everyone needs 2 perseverance: tanks for faster Improved Routing Cry, Healers for faster rallying Cry, DPS for faster SL/ War Cry.

    In the other slots situation is very similar:
    The + 768 crit earring also gives +parry and + Might( = + phys mit/+B/P).
    My favored bracelet, the lv 80 "Hart" one with + 760 crit, + 77might, +77Agi, reflect 30 damage on hit give a nice combo of P/B/E stats and reflect damage.
    Moors ring sets are amazing in all situations, striking a nice balance of Might , B/P/E and Mitigations. I only see myself swapping them when i have 2 yellow rings.
    Every time i look at these 8/12 slots i ask myself:
    Do i really need to give up so much Crit/BPE/Mit?
    Do i really need that much Vit/Might for tanking/DPS/heals?

    The usual answer is 95% of the time the same: these slots are giving me the best bang for the buck, and i would truly be what my class excels being: jack of all trades. No longer kiting around in fear when mobs go after the captain healer, no longer &&&&&& healing when tanking, and my BPEs really help me now. No longer fearing death when stunned while surrounded by mobs. Months ago it was asked here how often the fellowship asks the Captain to main tank and main heal. That is still an issue, but with my gear i had run sambrog with 4 hunters and a champ, going 5B2Y and abusing Improved routing cry + added B/P/E. I keep my earrings and bracelets even in the moors, because i see that critical healings are a big part of my contribution to the RAID.

    Does that mean that i run around with the same gear?
    Nope.
    I usually change Necklace, Pocket and Cloak ( Only change cloak because i dont have Sarchol and that yummy + 1500 to both mits) according to situation. On the occasions where tact mit is essential, out goes the 4 Hytbold healer, in comes 4 tanking armour pieces. I don't have a single piece of legendary gear for any slot, and in some slots i even doubt that i would be using what is available instead of the above.

    On the grand picture i really think that +1200 P/E over 5k/2k Parry/evade ratings helps a Captains more than a +1200 mastery over a 20k+ rating. Rune slot doesn't have a critical option. For me the next best thing is to parry/evade 20/60% more often. For other Captains it may be +2% heals/dps. For Captains mastery diminished returns kicks in earlier. And Outgoing healing rating is overrated, as was discussed here before.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload