We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy_Phelps View Post
    I wasn't aware that the chance for gold gear to drop was affected by completing challenge mode. Completing challenge mode just gives you a currency reward as well as a second chest which AFIK does not contain gear.
    I think completing Challenge is supposed to increase your chances for a good drop, but I think that the point castorix was trying to make is that the loot system is so borked that someone can win a gold class item purely through luck rather than ability (failed Challenge mode, but beat the RNG anyway).

To those asking for "proof" that the RNG is broken: That's impossible without knowledge about the factors used to seed it. A series of /roll's in Snowbourn could yield a completely different conclusion than the same series done in Bree, if the location ID is part of the seed for example. Similar the remote looting algorithm might use a complete different seed than a /roll, or the crafting system. Things could run in different threads using different entropy pools, and so on.

Also while statistics might explain the "people not getting anything after 437 runs" issue on a very low probability chance, they have a hard time explaining the high number of observed "two or three drops in a row" incidents if the chances are identical, and characters having 2+ drops apparently outnumbering people with one drop over the same sample size. Yes, from a scientific POV this is all just anecdotal evidence, but that's the only thing we can get (see above).

Btw, just another anectode, I've got two gold items and other goodies on my Captain from maybe one or two dozen raid/instance runs, while my Champ with probably two or three times more runs has zero gold items and less goodies total.

Quote Originally Posted by Edrogar View Post
    This is an issue that comes up on a regular basis in any mmo that uses a prng, they always say "the rng doesn't work blah blah", some give so called evidence that to be honest is only evidence of their own inability to gather evidence, some just complain, but so far i've never seen any real evidence of a prng not working in any of the games i played and have on multiple times seen devs on games give evidence that it does work.

Yet still they complain that it's broken.

Unless someone can give me some actual proof then because of past experience i'm just going to turn round and say, it's all about luck
    So obviously you missed completely the posts by the other members including treacherous, and the link where a developer from Turbine had to admit the RNG had issues and isn't wasn't working right for some people...

http://ac.wikkii.net/wiki/Wi_Flag

But hey, as long as you are getting your drops ok you are against other people talking about this real problem...

Quote Originally Posted by Castorix View Post
    And this mini tried Glinghant with a pug, they failed challenge, and she got... the gold Minstrel's Robe !
    Great for her, but there is something wrong...
    Even better :
    Then she decided to test Sambrog : she got the gold "Cardolan Minstrel's Token"... at the second try.

Just unbelievable.

Definitely bugged.

This so called "random" number generator combined with this loot system is quite simply the worst I've seen and its totally undermined my enjoyment in the game. Sick of running T2C content and getting nothing, seeing other people getting back to back FAs or no one getting anything.

Sadly Turbine seems less than interested in this and the only real option for me is to get rid of all this aggravation, unsub and quit the game altogether. :/
    Last edited by Vehdren; Apr 01 2013 at 08:29 AM.

Even better :
    Then she decided to test Sambrog : she got the gold "Cardolan Minstrel's Token"... at the second try.
    Just unbelievable.
    Definitely bugged.
    ...and then, she tried to test again Glinghant... and she got the gold Annuminas robe, a second time...

...and then, she tried to test again Glinghant... and she got the gold Annuminas robe, a second time...
    Wow. If this system stays in place, I guess we'll just look to her for new Minstrel gold item screenshots in future updates.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4