We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Captain DPS: where does it usually land?

What is good DPS for a captain against a Galtrev target dummy, for a captain traited Lead the Charge?
    I am Blackhawk, Leader of
    S T R A Y H O L D
    Forum
    ~Roster ~ Events
    ~ Member of the 2013 Player Council ~
    ...We were not ready to find Aztaur the Balrog, the Frozen Death, the Ice Demon of Thangorodrim. But Find Him We Did...

Forget Galtrev, those are 75. How about against the 85 dummies in Snowbourn?
    I am Blackhawk, Leader of
    S T R A Y H O L D
    Forum
    ~Roster ~ Events
    ~ Member of the 2013 Player Council ~
    ...We were not ready to find Aztaur the Balrog, the Frozen Death, the Ice Demon of Thangorodrim. But Find Him We Did...

Reported!

Last time I did a dummy test, I was looking at power management rather than DPS, so I didn't really notice my numbers there.

However, when I've run with Combat Analysis open, I've seen a solid average of just above 1k DPS in LtC. This is prior to U10, mind, and furthermore I wear the Hytbold Healer set rather than Hytbold Charge. (Pretty close DPS, I should think, but gives a lot more healing. And the Charge set bonuses are not that impressive.)
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

I range within 600-1400 with my might gear...and only in up the upper range when I get lucky with crits (I'm almost capped on crits). This with buffs and Banner of War.

I've pretty much given up on getting KBs in the moors lol.
    [IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/28mns0o.jpg[/IMG]

Unless a dev gives us more DPS in LtC, I'm not going to focus on a captain DPS build, but rather use it + 4 Hytbold Healer + 2 Perserverance to spam rally cries.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

I usually get between 700 and 900 traited 4 red 3 blue. I can also produce the same amount of hps in situation where there are few adds to give extra defeat responses and up to about 1600 in something like bells. And this is with a 15 second rally cry.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/191/nalv.jpg/][IMG]http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/7739/nalv.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyxzl View Post
    I usually get between 700 and 900 traited 4 red 3 blue. I can also produce the same amount of hps in situation where there are few adds to give extra defeat responses and up to about 1600 in something like bells. And this is with a 15 second rally cry.
    I like your style. Its more or less my style as well. Though I don't know specifics on what my DPS numbers are. I just like the 4 red 3 blue, with 15s rally cry. Personally, I don't like the idea of everyone focusing on that set bonus, just because the more captains that do it, the more everyone else expects you to. I understand its implications and its use, but I never like being forced to go 1 specific way.

Down with defeat response cd legacy! ahaha

Eodread, Earendel, Isilmacil - Horizon
    Thattickles, Thangorodread - Table Smashers

Quote Originally Posted by Isilmacil View Post
    I like your style. Its more or less my style as well. Though I don't know specifics on what my DPS numbers are. I just like the 4 red 3 blue, with 15s rally cry. Personally, I don't like the idea of everyone focusing on that set bonus, just because the more captains that do it, the more everyone else expects you to. I understand its implications and its use, but I never like being forced to go 1 specific way.

Down with defeat response cd legacy! ahaha
    It's not the legacy here, but the armor bonuses, which is why I would dearly love for the -15% defeat response cooldown bonus to be wiped from the game....

Quote Originally Posted by Almagnus1 View Post
    It's not the legacy here, but the armor bonuses, which is why I would dearly love for the -15% defeat response cooldown bonus to be wiped from the game....
    Right right, I was actualy referring to the armour set bonus rather than the legacy. Cause the legacy isn't as bad in terms of its reduction. Though both the set bonus and the legacy kinda of shoe horn us into 1 particular way. What would be the best solution to me is to make either the -15 or -20% reduction as a passive, so say that with 85 Rallying Cry woul dbe 15s at base. That way cappies would have more variety. Cause times are different from the SoA days when 45s rallying cry would suffice.

Eodread, Earendel, Isilmacil - Horizon
    Thattickles, Thangorodread - Table Smashers

I find that I can heal 6 mans this way, though if things start to go badly my dps does go down as I need to focus on healing. And I was part of a two captain, no RK/mini healing setup for BfE. Current content, in my opinion, does not require anymore healing than can be provided by a 15 second RC.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/191/nalv.jpg/][IMG]http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/7739/nalv.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

I just don't understand one thing-why most captains don't want to dps, mastering the class, playing on the "highest level". As some of you mentioned, a captain can do 3k dps and still help with healing. Yes,sure, it's easier to just stay at the back and spam heals. Actually, you don't even need to do anything. As my friend says, people are happy just to have a captain in a group, you can do absolutly nothing But imo it's a bit boring and hurts your raid\group.
    Last edited by Arabani; Mar 27 2013 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabani View Post
    As some of you mentioned, a captain can do 3k dps and still help with healing.
    Screenshots? Maybe possible with 11 burgs doing reveal weakness, but come on...

I just don't understand one thing-why most captains don't want to dps, mastering the class, playing on the "highest level". As some of you mentioned, a captain can do 3k dps and still help with healing. Yes,sure, it's easier to just stay at the back and spam heals. Actually, you don't even need to do anything. As my friend says, people are happy just to have a captain in a group, you can do absolutly nothing But imo it's a bit boring and hurts your raid\group.
    There are many people out there that think that the only thing a cappy can do is buff and in combat rez. I think there was even a post in which the raid leader told the captain that those were his only jobs. He was to buff the group and then stand in the corner unless someone died. The next most enlightened group seems to think that the only other thing a captain can do is heal.

As a result of these things there are some in the captain community that feel that these should be the only things we should do. One of the things I like about captain is the multitude of things that I bring to the group. I can add damage, I can heal, I can help prevent wipes, I can tank a little. Note that I say a little as I do not gear nor trait for that. I am well aware that some captains do and I commend them for it. I am always happy to see someone tanking even though my main is a guard

I doubt most captains will break 2k DPS in LtC - I have yet to hear a report of a captain actually putting out 3k DPS.

It's something that needs to happen for the class, we need to be at least in the middle of the DPS class, and that's somewhere we should have been years ago.

Here are some of mine dps parses on snowbourn dummys. Keep in mind no telling mark, 15 sec reset so no bleeds. The numbers on boss are higher with telling and bleeds.

Stats with banner and food - 2.783 might, 30% crittical rating, 115.1% phys dmg

85lv dummy LTC, Hytbold set, War Banner, 77 might food: *in game i havent seen a mob with such high defences like those dummys even raid bosses take 4-5k hits

Training-dummy (32.3s); Alexbeast - Dmg: 32,827; DPS: 1,017.0
    Maximum hit - 2.993
    Average - 937.9
    Critical hits - 31.4%
    Dev hits - 8.6%

For example Erebor raid - telling mark,food,banner,1 burg

LTC - Laugshat > Laugshat (46.5s); Alexbeast - Dmg: 106.5K; DPS: 2,289.4;
    LTC - Vdok (2m 18.3s); Alexbeast - Dmg: 273.4K; DPS: 2,120.3

75lv dummy LTC, Hytbold set, No Banner, No food:

Training-dummy (2m 57.6s); Alexbeast - Dmg: 293.8K; DPS: 1,654.3
    Maximum hit - 6.661
    Average - 1.294.3
    Critical hits - 31.3%
    Dev hits - 10.1%

75lv dummy LTC, Hytbold set, War Banner, 77 might food:

Training-dummy (1m 39.3s); Alexbeast - Dmg: 180.7K; DPS: 1,820.2
    Maximum hit - 7.571
    Average - 1.481.5
    Critical hits - 32.0%
    Dev hits - 10.7%
    Leader of Warlords | Captain - Defracture, Champion - Skrech, Loremaster - Aallexx, Burglar - Devilas

Here's a simila DPS situation. Might 2516, Crit 27,5% and 106,9 Mastery. There's still room for improvement since i haven't a perfect jewelry (no gold class item, no horse-lord gold items, still need Dale Earring and Wyrmfire crit ring)

[CENTER][B]Commander Almeric[/B][I]
    Captain - Furia Italiana[/I]
    [B]Chieftain Almenakh
    [/B][I] Warg - Black Guard[/I]
    [/CENTER]

I was screwing around with the double Helegrod + Perseverance set without Telling Mark and bleeds:

I've tried to make some good parses with 2 Pers and 4 Command, but it seems I'm too much of a moron to time Sure Strike properly with the dummy resets, but I'll try with 2 Dagor and 2 Hytbold Charge at some point.
    Last edited by Elrantiri; Mar 28 2013 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrantiri View Post
    I was screwing around with the double Helegrod + Perseverance set without Telling Mark and bleeds:

I've tried to make some good parses with 2 Pers and 4 Command, but it seems I'm too much of a moron to time Sure Strike properly with the dummy resets, but I'll try with 2 Dagor and 2 Hytbold Charge at some point.
    It would be nice if the training dummies would reset only if you're out of range (like 100m or so), or after 5 minutes of beating on them.

Yeah, it would. Even resetting at 1 minute instead of 20s would give a substantially more accurate DPS picture.
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!