We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Czech republic
    Posts
    110

    Greater Erebor set of Bowmaster change

    From know issues 10.0.2

    Hunter’s Greater Armour of the Erebor Bowmaster 4 piece set bonus incorrectly claims that 'Focus Bow attacks have a chance to make your next Induction Bow instant cast’
    Does that mean that this bonus is just a huge typo and wont be working at all? If i recall corectly, this bonus was firstly on a huntsman 4set in BR build 2 or 3, then it was moved onto Bowmaster set and now its removed at all? The bonus was pretty desirable for me and this info made me to reconsider my plans for my hunter. Id like to see some answer for that, thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    327
    Uhoh, that one bonus was the entire reason I was planning to get the bowmaster set. It would be nice to have clarification on whether the set bonus isn't supposed to be displayed, or whether the set bonus just isn't working but will be fixed. I'd totally go for the huntsman set instead if that bonus is scrapped! (although the heartseeker thing does sound super-fun, just depends on how frequently its cooldown gets reset)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,122
    Yes, I'm pretty sure the Bowmaster bonus is just the Heartseeker instant cast and reset rather than all inductions.
    Beastwise - Captain, R15 | Shock and Awe
    Currently playing on Gladden, formerly Brandywine.

  4. #4
    at least its pretty nice to change set bonus after i bought my armour set a few days ago and so would have wasted my seals if they. please clarify what is changed @ turbine!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    175
    well..

    when i checked out the armor...that induction bow instant cast was the only thing that interested me more so than the bonuses im getting from hytbold....

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,084
    This has been in Known Issues since U10, btw, and this was asked then but never clarified since.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Great White North
    Posts
    208
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakiami View Post
    This has been in Known Issues since U10, btw, and this was asked then but never clarified since.
    This has actually been unclarified since they moved that bonus from the blue set to the red in U10B4.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    171
    on the final builds of beta it was the heartseaker reset which im hoping it still is as that was the greatest thing id ever played with as far as single target dps goes reseting with focus shots ment combining it with huntsman 2 set was just insane over 10min burns i was getting stable dps of around 8-9k on single target bear in mind i was stacked up proberly alot higher than most in a glass canon build of fun ( 41k mastery and 15k crit ) you may think wow reseting heartseaker isnt that great but hey with the right set up it can hit anywere from 4k all the way up to 19k.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by bcdaedalus View Post
    on the final builds of beta it was the heartseaker reset which im hoping it still is as that was the greatest thing id ever played with as far as single target dps goes reseting with focus shots ment combining it with huntsman 2 set was just insane over 10min burns i was getting stable dps of around 8-9k on single target bear in mind i was stacked up proberly alot higher than most in a glass canon build of fun ( 41k mastery and 15k crit ) you may think wow reseting heartseaker isnt that great but hey with the right set up it can hit anywere from 4k all the way up to 19k.
    You were getting 8-9k DPS in 10 minutes of fighting?

    I must be misunderstanding the run on sentence that is your post

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    327
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzguitarmanic View Post
    You were getting 8-9k DPS in 10 minutes of fighting?

    I must be misunderstanding the run on sentence that is your post
    Yeah, even if you were spamming heart-seeker like pen. shot (which even if it was constantly up, would absolutely kill your power) I don't think you would see that kind of dps. Maybe if you did thorog with 23 burgs or something?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    AFK in Dol Amroth
    Posts
    810
    Quote Originally Posted by bcdaedalus View Post
    on the final builds of beta it was the heartseaker reset which im hoping it still is as that was the greatest thing id ever played with as far as single target dps goes reseting with focus shots ment combining it with huntsman 2 set was just insane over 10min burns i was getting stable dps of around 8-9k on single target bear in mind i was stacked up proberly alot higher than most in a glass canon build of fun ( 41k mastery and 15k crit ) you may think wow reseting heartseaker isnt that great but hey with the right set up it can hit anywere from 4k all the way up to 19k.
    in most cases,heartseeker is a good way to nerf your dps rotation. The only time i've used heartseeker on my actual rotation was in saruman with lightning ring buff. Like Sep said, even if you were spamming hs like ps,you won't get 8-9k sustained in anything over 60sec. Definitely not with on level content. In bfe burns,i would have to pop everrything and rely on heavy crit/devs if i even want to hit 2700+ with faron(which is like..the most OP set ever) and this is with 45-46k pm and about 14.5k crit on vadok before the buff switch which isnt very long into the fight.

    regardless of what they do with bowmaster, huntsman would be the way to go for best sustained. I only use bowmaster for the burnhot swap.
    Last edited by Patriotp3a; Mar 25 2013 at 12:04 AM. Reason: i cant type >.>

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriotp3a View Post
    in most cases,heartseeker is a good way to nerf your dps rotation. The only time i've used heartseeker on my actual rotation was in saruman with lightning ring buff. Like Sep said, even if you were spamming hs like ps,you won't get 8-9k sustained in anything over 60sec. Definitely not with on level content. In bfe burns,i would have to pop everrything and rely on heavy crit/devs if i even want to hit 2700+ with faron(which is like..the most OP set ever) and this is with 45-46k pm and about 14.5k crit on vadok before the buff switch which isnt very long into the fight.

    regardless of what they do with bowmaster, huntsman would be the way to go for best sustained. I only use bowmaster for the burnhot swap.
    Even though he was probably not hitting 8-9k DPS, you do realise that the HeartSeekers he mentionned were, thanks to that Greater Erebor set, instant cast ? In this case, it turns from the extremelly close to useless skill it is right now to something great.
    About Erebor's "faron-like" bonus, well it surely allows good sustained dps but the burst capabilities with that are not even close to what you can get with a 4r/3b build which also easily compares with an Improved Fleetness build in terms of sustained dps.

    As a side note, I can merely imagine the quantity of external buffs that you should have to reach that 46k mastery and 14k critical rating. I consider myself extremely well geared (class dagger, cloak, token, boots, rohan ring and gold necklace along with two first ages weapons) and yet am "only" close to 41k/15k (yes, I still have to find a way to "drop" 1k critical rating) in a raid with a captain, without agility trail food

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabli View Post
    Even though he was probably not hitting 8-9k DPS, you do realise that the HeartSeekers he mentionned were, thanks to that Greater Erebor set, instant cast ? In this case, it turns from the extremelly close to useless skill it is right now to something great.
    About Erebor's "faron-like" bonus, well it surely allows good sustained dps but the burst capabilities with that are not even close to what you can get with a 4r/3b build which also easily compares with an Improved Fleetness build in terms of sustained dps.

    As a side note, I can merely imagine the quantity of external buffs that you should have to reach that 46k mastery and 14k critical rating. I consider myself extremely well geared (class dagger, cloak, token, boots, rohan ring and gold necklace along with two first ages weapons) and yet am "only" close to 41k/15k (yes, I still have to find a way to "drop" 1k critical rating) in a raid with a captain, without agility trail food
    yep they compleatly missed the fun of the set first hs has normal induction after that when its been reset hit the skill thenback to penshot as fast as u can tab between them 0 induction 0 duration in the atack currently on live my hs crits (compleatly unbuffed ) are 14k and deving for just shy of 20k

    the only reason i can think people can see this as being bad is because its random when it resets cant use a macro all down to skill of keeping a watch on ur rotation and watching for that reset to hit it again to let it reset again a few free hits during a fight with the posibility of crazy damage when buffed and with the new fate changes 500 fate gives a hunter unlimited power so they can throw off hs like no tomorrow without power running out.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    AFK in Dol Amroth
    Posts
    810
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabli View Post
    As a side note, I can merely imagine the quantity of external buffs that you should have to reach that 46k mastery and 14k critical rating. I consider myself extremely well geared (class dagger, cloak, token, boots, rohan ring and gold necklace along with two first ages weapons) and yet am "only" close to 41k/15k (yes, I still have to find a way to "drop" 1k critical rating) in a raid with a captain, without agility trail food
    41k pm unbuffed. +830 from trail food +850 from IDOME +800 on scrolls +1220 from ring procs +rk rune sign of winter crit at around 14.5 which i boost in exchange for pm at that point.





    Quote Originally Posted by bcdaedalus View Post
    yep they compleatly missed the fun of the set first hs has normal induction after that when its been reset hit the skill thenback to penshot as fast as u can tab between them 0 induction 0 duration in the atack currently on live my hs crits (compleatly unbuffed ) are 14k and deving for just shy of 20k

    the only reason i can think people can see this as being bad is because its random when it resets cant use a macro all down to skill of keeping a watch on ur rotation and watching for that reset to hit it again to let it reset again a few free hits during a fight with the posibility of crazy damage when buffed and with the new fate changes 500 fate gives a hunter unlimited power so they can throw off hs like no tomorrow without power running out.
    well, i got that it turns a useless skill that we would otherwise not use into something that becomes a hard hitting insta cast skill.Anyone know the value on the huntsman fleetness mitigation penetration buff? i feel that that would be more useful in raids over an insta cast hs..i could be wrong.. guess ill find out when they put flight back and i get my t2 sets for both. though i still think im going to be sticking to huntsman with bowmaster swap for burn hot unless i decide to macro huntsman fleetness and use bowmaster..bit bothersome though so i prob. wont be doing that alot.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriotp3a View Post
    41k pm unbuffed. +830 from trail food +850 from IDOME +800 on scrolls +1220 from ring procs +rk rune sign of winter crit at around 14.5 which i boost in exchange for pm at that point.
    I know the kind of buffs a raid environment can give to your physical mastery . What I actually meant was that I would love to see your gear to understand how you reach 41k physical mstery unbuffed.




    Quote Originally Posted by Patriotp3a View Post
    well, i got that it turns a useless skill that we would otherwise not use into something that becomes a hard hitting insta cast skill.Anyone know the value on the huntsman fleetness mitigation penetration buff? i feel that that would be more useful in raids over an insta cast hs..i could be wrong.. guess ill find out when they put flight back and i get my t2 sets for both. though i still think im going to be sticking to huntsman with bowmaster swap for burn hot unless i decide to macro huntsman fleetness and use bowmaster..bit bothersome though so i prob. wont be doing that alot.
    I am really not sure about that mitigation penetration buff. Playing with this armour set means Improved Fleetness, which basically means spamming Penetrating Shot. In a raid environment, you'll have breach finders, Lore-Master's armour debuffs, possibly Champion's Rend and axes auto-attacks rend procs on top of PS's innate armour penetration. That's already a lot so I'm not sure about the efficiency of additionnal armour penetration.
    I guess it depends on the mob's total armour (useless on trash, efficient on bosses ?) and on the magnitude of this mitigation penetration.
    When I'll have the chance to unlock the T2 equipement, I'm thinking of going 4r/3b with 4 GE Bowmaster + 2 H Huntsman (that -10% induction bow is awesome for a 4r/3b setup). However I'll also probably try to maccro Improved Fleetness to check if can really proc that instant HS that more often. If so, the two Hytbold's Huntsman would be rather useless.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    AFK in Dol Amroth
    Posts
    810

    Greater-Erebor-set-of-Bowmaster-change

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabli View Post
    I know the kind of buffs a raid environment can give to your physical mastery . What I actually meant was that I would love to see your gear to understand how you reach 41k physical mstery unbuffed.

    Not logged atm and wont be for awhile so i cant give u a current screenshot of gear but heres an old one.

    though ive replaced both relics for dev pm as oppsoed to dev crit. Also replaced boots with erebor huntsman, jacket with erebor huntsman,gloves with erebor bowmaster(leggins in backpack for burnhot swap) and trapper leggings.
    then also changed gr earring with old arthedain stud from fornost and necklace with the sunbrand.
    still hunting 2 golden earrings and my offhand(after like..a good 200 peak runs or so while people have gotten theirs on their first t2c >.>)



    Quote Originally Posted by Gabli View Post
    I am really not sure about that mitigation penetration buff. Playing with this armour set means Improved Fleetness, which basically means spamming Penetrating Shot. In a raid environment, you'll have breach finders, Lore-Master's armour debuffs, possibly Champion's Rend and axes auto-attacks rend procs on top of PS's innate armour penetration. That's already a lot so I'm not sure about the efficiency of additionnal armour penetration.
    I guess it depends on the mob's total armour (useless on trash, efficient on bosses ?) and on the magnitude of this mitigation penetration.
    When I'll have the chance to unlock the T2 equipement, I'm thinking of going 4r/3b with 4 GE Bowmaster + 2 H Huntsman (that -10% induction bow is awesome for a 4r/3b setup). However I'll also probably try to maccro Improved Fleetness to check if can really proc that instant HS that more often. If so, the two Hytbold's Huntsman would be rather useless.

    Yea, theres no way to tell until we have actually tried it. Though im assuming its gonna be a bigger boost than insta casts..not sure, i could be wrong. Though i noticed that true shot boosted dps in bfe more than swift bow on the trolls.
    I still need t2 flight deed before i could barter both sets and im excited to test them out in raids(and tens of millions of damage done to nemesis dummies ofc.) Depending on the value of the armor penetration, ill most likely be macroing eveyr 30sec, which is what i did with faron/gonathradir sets back at 75. THough im not really looking forward to dropping all that morale by switching out both HL pieces, i might just end up keeping them, depends on the situation i suppose. i used hytbold bowmaster 2 piece 5% crit mult until i got full erebor sets, that extra 5% adds up considering how many crits u land in a raid.
    and in general.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriotp3a View Post
    Not logged atm and wont be for awhile so i cant give u a current screenshot of gear but heres an old one.

    though ive replaced both relics for dev pm as oppsoed to dev crit. Also replaced boots with erebor huntsman, jacket with erebor huntsman,gloves with erebor bowmaster(leggins in backpack for burnhot swap) and trapper leggings.
    then also changed gr earring with old arthedain stud from fornost and necklace with the sunbrand.
    still hunting 2 golden earrings and my offhand(after like..a good 200 peak runs or so while people have gotten theirs on their first t2c >.>)

    Sorry for the late response, but thanks for posting your build.

    I think I see why you had "this much" more physical mastery than me.
    - That Sambrog club has got 400 more than my dagger (yeah, I got the golden one )
    - Congrat's on the double Horse Lords bracelets, I've never even seen a recipe myself ! I "only" have two Glinghant's bracelets (one teal and one purple).
    - I do not use Malledhrim/Horse Lord's armour pieces. I have all three of them, but do not slot them. The Malledhrim boots I switch in for Burn Hot, and the HL shoulderpads (before I had the helm) I used when the you had to use 5 pieces of Hytbold armour to get the nice bonuses. Since the changes I had been playing 4 Hytbold Huntsman / 2 Hytbold Bowmaster. Blood Arrow 4s CD reduction and -10% Bow Induction Time were just too good not to use. Then, that +5% critical multiplier was just better than the physical mastery I could have gained from slotting the gold boots and helm.

    Anyway now I can wear the T2 sets, so lots of things to try before I have a clear build

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    AFK in Dol Amroth
    Posts
    810
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabli View Post
    Sorry for the late response, but thanks for posting your build.

    I think I see why you had "this much" more physical mastery than me.
    - That Sambrog club has got 400 more than my dagger (yeah, I got the golden one )
    - Congrat's on the double Horse Lords bracelets, I've never even seen a recipe myself ! I "only" have two Glinghant's bracelets (one teal and one purple).
    - I do not use Malledhrim/Horse Lord's armour pieces. I have all three of them, but do not slot them. The Malledhrim boots I switch in for Burn Hot, and the HL shoulderpads (before I had the helm) I used when the you had to use 5 pieces of Hytbold armour to get the nice bonuses. Since the changes I had been playing 4 Hytbold Huntsman / 2 Hytbold Bowmaster. Blood Arrow 4s CD reduction and -10% Bow Induction Time were just too good not to use. Then, that +5% critical multiplier was just better than the physical mastery I could have gained from slotting the gold boots and helm.

    Anyway now I can wear the T2 sets, so lots of things to try before I have a clear build
    that 8% crit mult is much much better than the extra pm though, the damage boost from focus shots is awesome with the offhand. Also makes our aoe stronger.(though i noticed that redline coolburn burst aoe with bowmaster switch is OP- can clear entire room in school in about 10-15 seconds).

    As for the horse lords bracelets, they are almost non existent now because you can't simply farm them now+ the .001% drop rate to begin with. Not sure what its like on your server but on Dwarro, those bracelets were going for 700-1200g each and that was back when there was still dailies farming.The annuminas relic robbers are also really good, just not as much morale and abit less agility. Theres also the golden hunter bracers(162 agil,98 fate, 408 pm,2% qs slow) but i dont like the massive drop in morale/crit so theres no way i would use those over relic robbers/HL

    The Malledhrim boots are now useless. I would use t1 boots over malledhrim and certainly t2. I only use it for burn hot swap. As for the 2 HL items, Im going to be keeping them for the extra morale over the t2 sets. Though the t2 GE huntsman shoulders have really nice stats, guess depends what im doing but with current setup, i can afford to lose a little pm/crit for some morale.
    Oh, and i also switched crit proc ring for teal former residents because i already have crit proc from cloak and the mastery boost was actually decent for the tiny amount of crit you lost(and finesse).

    crunch numbers on 4 GE huntsman/bowmaster builds and see what you get. Though I'm going 4 GE huntsman/HL shoulders/helm or switch shoulders for GE huntsman. Not sure yet, but I'm def. staying blue line since they changed power again.
    Are you staying 4r3b? im just hoping to get a dagger soon to further boost overall dps in blue line..

    then ofc...getting the elusive [Earring of the Fornost Hunter][Earring of the Dead Horde]....

    fully decked, hunters= top single target dps. As for aoe..thats up for debate but will prob. give most champs a run for their money. Unless...that awkward moment when you have +10 rain of arrows targets and capped crit and you dont crit and it enters cd lol

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload