We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

character isn`t playable

When I log in to the game everything is fine till I start to load my character. It starts loading and keeps loading for about 5 to 20 minutes and then 2 things can happen. Sometimes it gives a message lost connection and at other times I get to see my character and can use chat but can`t move. I can open windows and see trees and npc`s moving but can`t let my character do anything. I tried /stuck and /unstuck but it won`t work and at some point I get disconnected again.

My game worked fine till I relogged my character yesterday and sinds then I didn`t change anything on my computer. Does anyone know what the problem is?
    Last edited by gwirith; Mar 20 2013 at 01:10 PM.

I'm no expert, but one thing I always try when I have character loading issues is this; when you start up the launcher, go into the Options >> Repair and check "Reset the game display settings". That has worked for me MANY times to resolve the "Disconnected from server" and character loading problems. I think if it takes too long to load the character, then it goes into the disconnect issue. Hope this helps.

If not then at least this answer will get your question back to the top of the forums - Good Luck!

EDIT - spelling error

Quote Originally Posted by Firebryt View Post
    I'm no expert, but one thing I always try when I have character loading issues is this; when you start up the launcher, go into the Options >> Repair and check "Reset the game display settings". That has worked for me MANY times to resolve the "Disconnected from server" and character loading problems. I think if it takes too long to load the character, then it goes into the disconnect issue. Hope this helps.

If not then at least this answer will get your question back to the top of the forums - Good Luck!

EDIT - spelling error
    thanks that did solve the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Firebryt View Post

EDIT - spelling error
    You, Firebryt, should have a fine FA reward or the like - Pls turbine !

I had this problem for about 3 weeks and went the "road of command". Took 2 weeks to recieve TurbSuppTeam's advise to dnsflush modem which didnt change anything. I have 6 alts and one of them suddenly couldnt connect - exactly same problem as OP's - came up with update 10 - never seen b4 for me.
    This resetting/repair of launcher program worked the thing so i at least now can access character. Graphic settings messed up but that can be sorted.

Thx Firebryt

You're both welcome very much :-) I've always tried to dig in and find the problem when it happens to me, and I'm more than happy to help others when I can. Pay it forward!

Peace!

After about one week the problem came back. Been fidling with graphical settings just to find best settings for my pc system. Logging in today never completed and just got that d/c. Kinda confused about it. Will report to turbine but i dont expect them to respond.