We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Can't login after hotfix: [err: unexpected end of file][line: 1][col: 1]

The client updated fine, but when trying to log in I get the following error:

"Failed to read authentication response [err: unexpected end of file][line: 1][col: 1]"

Any help?

Quote Originally Posted by Eglaniel View Post

"Failed to read authentication response [err: unexpected end of file][line: 1][col: 1]"

Any help?
    I'm have the same issue. Any help would be most appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by migosh0000 View Post
    I'm have the same issue. Any help would be most appreciated.
    I was able to fix this by turning off the firewall. Is there any other way to fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by Eglaniel View Post

Any help?
    1- It appears that Turbine continues to have internal network problems, "response time" is just one of their many visible issues. (Failed to read is a time-out problem.)

2- If you are talking about the Mac Firewall, the main question is -- why do you have it on?

If you are using an ISP which provides you with a Router (or if you purchase one on your own), that router is doing all of your firewall work for you. Enabling the Mac Firewall ON TOP OF THAT ONE -- causes more problem than it fixes; and it provides no protection. (The router is already doing that.)

Similarly, if you have an "anti-virus" product (such as "avast! free for mac" -- that product has a component called "webshield" which will block the successful completion of various requests between the LOTRO Client (both Windows and Mac) and the Turbine authentication server.

Basically one needs to either disable the firewall completely or allow the various Turbine ports a "free pass."

Both DDO and LOTRO need access to the same ports:
    TCP port 80
    UDP ports 2900-2910, 9000-9010

In addition, they need access to: *.lotro.com and *.turbine.com

That should allow communication to take place.
    Bill Magill - Mac Player - Old Timers Guild- Gladden:

Partial cast
    Valamar: Dwarf Hunter - Level 100
    Valdicta: Dwarf Rune-keeper - Level 100
    Valanne: Beorning - Level 80