We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RvR PVP

RvR PVP

So,

RvR hasn't really been happening much since U10. Spiderbyte, you out there still? If so, we'd love to get you back on creepside leading raids. Also, I've seen talk from a few freeps about leading raids, but haven't seen it progress beyond talk.

Our kin has been mostly going on same side with a couple exceptions, but if needed, we can divide up if no other leaders want to step up to the plate. Deltron, Tarvin, Aris, and myself are very capable of leading either side and are often on at the same time. Bottom line is, the action has been poopy as of late. So if no one else wants to step up to the plate to increase the action and lead one side, we can just split up and do it.

Looking for some older raid leaders to step back up to the late such as Clock or Spider, or some new people who have been discussing making it happen such as Ugh or Esre. But if no one's down to make it happen, just say so, and our kin can split up and lead both sides. Pretty sure most players on this server trust our leadership except for biased players with goggles on.
    Last edited by Ravyrn; Mar 20 2013 at 09:08 PM.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C7CF92][img]http://i.imgur.com/9rGw1Yd.gif[/img]
    Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Ravyrn View Post
    So,

RvR hasn't really been happening much since U10. Spiderbyte, you out there still? If so, we'd love to get you back on creepside leading raids. Also, I've seen talk from a few freeps about leading raids, but haven't seen it progress beyond talk.

Our kin has been mostly going on same side with a couple exceptions, but if needed, we can divide up if no other leaders want to step up to the plate. Deltron, Tarvin, Aris, and myself are very capable of leading either side and are often on at the same time. Bottom line is, the action has been poopy as of late. So if no one else wants to step up to the plate to increase the action and lead one side, we can just split up and do it.

Looking for some older raid leaders to step back up to the late such as Clock or Spider, or some new people who have been discussing making it happen such as Ugh or Esre. But if no one's down to make it happen, just say so, and our kin can split up and lead both sides. Pretty sure most players on this server trust our leadership except for biased idiots with goggles on.
    Nice initiative Vic. Spiderbyte is still around, but more on freep side I think (I did a couple of BFE with him). It might be a little too soon, people are still doing a lot of farms and some kins are starting to try the raids on t2 and t2cm (at least doth is).

I support your idea and I will do what I can to help.

........Pretty sure most players on this server trust our leadership except for biased idiots with goggles on.

A word of advice..........stop calling peeps idiots.

That's twice in 2 days i've seen you use that term in reference to other peeps, along with other negative comments in glff/ooc directed at members of our player base.

If you would like to be taken Seriously, you should really stop talking disparagingly about others and try to play nicely.

My 2 cents.

Btw, I lead groups from time to time, and we get mas kills, but RvR for me = LagvLag, so i'll be sticking to the smaller groups, and of course solo as per my usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Althorion View Post
    A word of advice..........stop calling peeps idiots.

That's twice in 2 days i've seen you use that term in reference to other peeps, along with other negative comments in glff/ooc directed at members of our player base.

If you would like to be taken Seriously, you should really stop talking disparagingly about others and try to play nicely.

My 2 cents.

Btw, I lead groups from time to time, and we get mas kills, but RvR for me = LagvLag, so i'll be sticking to the smaller groups, and of course solo as per my usual.
    Good advice, Althorr. No need to bring negativity into something that will hopefully be productive. Regrettably, I have a sharp tongue. The persons whom I had in mind when I made that comment has since been added back to my ignore list as to filter out the constant insults and banter directed at myself and our kinship.
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Would be awesome to have actual PvP going on rather than PvE. I miss the days of RoI. Come back Clock and Spider.

Well I can't really lead , gather a group though, that aint a problem. Although im mostly grouping on creep, it would be fun to get my captain up some ranks. Tell me how it develops, Been many times where Ive just handed over groups and that worked out really well for my WL/Defiler

Oh and Vic, am I banned from your raids? Ill keep my mouth shut permanent, promise. ^^

Ill try starting up tonight more than likely. Kids are one spring break till monday so I'll see how it goes. Also I've noticed some just really bad habits freeps are going to have to break. 3 times last night creeps were pushed off GV, cleaned a few up to CoT. I mounted up went towards TR and setup,waiting for creeps to come back across. I sat n sat n sat and finally i see in ooc, creeps at GV. I map back of DF back and bam, all those freeps and creeps are sitting at gv, I was on TR lawn didnt get a track for nothing but npcs and never got tracked. Its like GV is the new EC/STAB.

This mindset is horribly wrong, at best. Its like ok let's just go ahead and stage here so we dont have to go out and look. On top of that its the constant lets flip op no dont flip op. Best thing to do is always have the field play to your favor, flip the ops, snag a keep. The only fair fight is the one you win. So what if it puts the field even stronger in your favor, it'll do one of a few things. 1 itll make one side or the other log. 2 itll make one side or the other get fed up get their stuff together and learn how to group and play in the moors. 3 It'll clean the ezmoders out, the ones who only come out when the field favors them, otherwise they log, and its this group of players that are SO detrimental to Moors play.

I by no means have any fix for the moors, i just have ideals of how it should be and maybe some ideas of how to get it to that place. I'll do what I can and others like Vic and co. can only do so much. Attiudes need adjustiing and cohesion needs to come back to the moors.

Happy Hunting.
    Ughidontknow rnk 14 hunter...Tripso rnk 6 burg...Izeatzfreepz rnk 8 warg....Yells rnk 10 warleader
    Leader of The Hobbit Syndicate
    "Everyone wants to be the hero and no one wants to be support"

I'll come back when OPs are gone... I can't stand the epic waste of time the cat and mouse bull&&&& go's on. We lost pvp a while ago on gladden...

This nonsense of them doing game hanging patches every 6 months is bull&&&& too... I did pay to play even though I don't have to but no longer... This game is yawn now...

Bring back the hot spots and do away with outposts...

Also funny to see hunters poppin up like crazy as of late.
    People always playing the fotm class makes me giggle

Creeps were moving around last night

A huge raid of creeps was moving around last night (EDT), which probably left no creeps anywhere else. And we were looking for the freeps actively--and getting our butts kicked, especially at GD and earlier when we were about to take LC, because they had so many healers. No worries. They took a place, so we took a place somewhere else to compensate, then we'd find a place to fight again.

I understand your frustration, though, not knowing which playground everyone's on. I wish there were an enemy tracker for the map, not so you could pinpoint a particular freep (gamblez) or creep, but so you could see which areas were hot with player enemies and cold as well as a range of how many enemies were on any time.

Quote Originally Posted by DuinDae View Post
    A huge raid of creeps was moving around last night (EDT), which probably left no creeps anywhere else. And we were looking for the freeps actively--and getting our butts kicked, especially at GD and earlier when we were about to take LC, because they had so many healers. No worries. They took a place, so we took a place somewhere else to compensate, then we'd find a place to fight again.

I understand your frustration, though, not knowing which playground everyone's on. I wish there were an enemy tracker for the map, not so you could pinpoint a particular freep (gamblez) or creep, but so you could see which areas were hot with player enemies and cold as well as a range of how many enemies were on any time.
    Thing is, creeps were told where freeps were. Given a free pass to flip an op, us to fight them at dg, but they went and reflipped lugz before coming over. My whole understanding is we were trying to have that be a rez close by so we could keep the fight and infamy rolling. For whatever reason creeps weren't doing too hot and couldn't keep things together. Then went off to tr or something and left us there.

One big thing i miss about warhammer was the battle locations. Open the map up see generic crossed swords, hotspot 5 or so players. Big golden crossswords 24+ fighting. Made for easy hey i got a raid lets head there or well im solo see if i can clean up over there. Personally i dont see it having any effect to balance or anythng else to have this implemented in our pvp. Would be a great tool and take some of the guesswork and chasing out.

On the same note too, ive used the tactic of stringing the opposing raid out, knowing mine couldnt take them straight up open field. We'd sit for a bit then move then sit wait for the wargs/burgs to find us then move. Till we were sure that maps had been blown and on cd and the whole opposing raid couldnt all be together due to maps, or we map around to string the freeps out then pick off the stragglers and move in.
    Ughidontknow rnk 14 hunter...Tripso rnk 6 burg...Izeatzfreepz rnk 8 warg....Yells rnk 10 warleader
    Leader of The Hobbit Syndicate
    "Everyone wants to be the hero and no one wants to be support"

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkshipOfLanterns View Post
    I'll come back when OPs are gone... I can't stand the epic waste of time the cat and mouse bull&&&& go's on. We lost pvp a while ago on gladden...

This nonsense of them doing game hanging patches every 6 months is bull&&&& too... I did pay to play even though I don't have to but no longer... This game is yawn now...

I'm sorry your insides still hurt a little from our last coupling lover, but over time it's something you'll get used to.

Don't be scrrrrrrrrd and come back so we can spoon some more, because everybody knows..........

SPOONIN' LEADS TO FORKIN'!!!!!!

And contrary to popular opinion, FORKIN', and not the Hokey Pokey, is really what it's all about.

I'll miss you 'till I kill you again.

xoxoxoxoxxx

Still looking for a few freep raid leaders to step up. The only good fight we've had on creepside is when some of us were on freep. Would be awesome if the people we play with regularly could all get on one side and have sustainable combat that lasts a few hours. It seems anytime we go pvp, within 15 minutes the other side has logged or is sitting in their one shotters from generally just 5-12 of us.
    [/CENTER]

Hello, I do not normally post on the forums but it seems we do have a lack of leadership out there. I will try and go out to the moors more often and lead some freep raids. I have not had that much time lately but will set a few days out of the week for some moors raids. I plan on being out there tonight after 7pm est if you want to get some rvr going. Anyways if you are on I will see you on the battle field, and thanks for always being a skilled opponent to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by furgy1992 View Post
    Hello, I do not normally post on the forums but it seems we do have a lack of leadership out there. I will try and go out to the moors more often and lead some freep raids. I have not had that much time lately but will set a few days out of the week for some moors raids. I plan on being out there tonight after 7pm est if you want to get some rvr going. Anyways if you are on I will see you on the battle field, and thanks for always being a skilled opponent to fight.
    Sounds good. We have some pve scheduled for tonight, but I think it won't be til later in the evening so should be able to stick around on creep for at least a couple of hours. Looking forward to the fights.
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by furgy1992 View Post
    Good man!
    I get off work then, so i won't be able to make it, but i wish everyone the best of luck. Also, have fun!

Thanks for the fights tonight Clock. Was nice to fight freeps who kept on at it for a change.
    [/CENTER]

Funny you calling people fotm when you started playing your reaver again in RoR and then left U10. Funny you played consistently and actively almost every day from RoR launch to U10 with the OPs never being an issue. Cue u10 on March 6 where it's actually challenging to fight freeps again, and you poof. Couldn't hang, kemosabe?

It's very simple Vic. We're having a spat.

I told him when he folds my boxers I want them folded in half, then half again. He didn't listen too well, so I put Baby in a corner.

I explained the situation a lil' previously.......ala this.....

Quote Originally Posted by Althorion View Post
    I'm sorry your insides still hurt a little from our last coupling lover, but over time it's something you'll get used to.

Considering what happened the last time we ran across each other, pre-U10, pre-BP, when we danced and sang, and I abused and disabused him before his DR could end his suffering, he'll proly want to stay in that corner a bit longer......at least till everything heals back up.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i've played lotro of and on since closed beta never got past lvl 30 always lost interest due to no pvp love lotro setting tho it's why i always come back.Mostly played Shadowbane only game that gave me everything i wanted.i like open pvp but not pointless pvp, like guild oriented pvp based around resources player created city's, that can be sieged.For lotro I always invissioned A large section open pvp after lvl 50 with spots to claim as guild/clan and then build a city/fortress or siege someone elses and take over.So the high lvl pvp here is really meaningless then? no risk/reward?.Me and my wife just came back today and seen Happy cloud mine patched and went right in.Wife has uninstalled several times(both pc's/software identical).She got into game once and played ,most times she gets hour glass thing before it gets to launcher and nothing happens,she also gets please put in disk 1?we got digital DL when it first came out lol.Anyway happy clouds arn't that happy.

:D

I'd like to thank everyone again who was in my raid tonight. I know there were many of you who stuck it out when we didn't have the upper-hand and that is much appreciated. I know that many of you grouped up with me and did set aside your differences in each other for the sake of the team, again I applaud that. And to the creeps who stayed around to fight while we were grouping up I thank you as well for the good fights. I hope to have more fights like tonight in the future. *Cheers!*
    ~Keldarah
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120300000012aec2/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Waveron View Post
    I'd like to thank everyone again who was in my raid tonight. I know there were many of you who stuck it out when we didn't have the upper-hand and that is much appreciated. I know that many of you grouped up with me and did set aside your differences in each other for the sake of the team, again I applaud that. And to the creeps who stayed around to fight while we were grouping up I thank you as well for the good fights. I hope to have more fights like tonight in the future. *Cheers!*
    ~Keldarah
    Those were some great fights! Big +rep to all the freeps who stuck it out and stayed out for a long while even though they weren't getting as many kills.

Thanks Keld for the raid last night. You kept it fun and enjoyable!

a creep appreciates

that was a huge and impressive freep party last night. i wish my hulklob had played better, personally.

btw, after me and two others dropped you twice outside rop, then you beat the living tar out of us while we were trying to take it, we all agreed we pretty much deserved that.

that was a huge and impressive freep party last night. i wish my hulklob had played better, personally.

btw, after me and two others dropped you twice outside rop, then you beat the living tar out of us while we were trying to take it, we all agreed we pretty much deserved that.
    lol aw really, no hard feelings I expect to die in the moors; I just try to take out as many as possible while I'm doing it
    (Though sometimes I run away like a chicken in session play)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120300000012aec2/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast